[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IRL Friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: chinese carton.png (242KB, 650x670px) Image search: [Google]
chinese carton.png
242KB, 650x670px
So I moved cities to live close to my bf. Currently I'm unemployed and don't know anyone besides him and a couple of his friends.

Now I'm a introvert and have literally no problems being all by myself. But I just got told by my bf that he thinks it's unhealthy and that it strains or relationship that he's basically the only person I talk to. I don't quite get the complaint but I want to find friends then.

So my question is how to do this when I'm incredibly shy and have literally no interests that I could pursue besides Internet and a bit of gaming and also really not a lot of money to spend? Or, alternatively how do I fake this possibly? I've already gotten out a few times and read a book in the park, but to be honest this does get boring pretty quick.

Wat do
>>
I should maybe add that it's not so bad that we actually live together and he has no alone-time. I have my own little apartment. But still, when he asks me how I spend the last 3 days and I answer that I just watched movies and browsed the Web he looks at me with pity. Feels bad man.
>>
>>18152247
He's probably thinking what a boring mess you'll be in the future. I can imagine him asking how your day went and hearing the same bullshit every single day. You need experiences that don't involve him to share.

Seriously at least get a dog or volunteer or something.
>>
bampu
>>
>>18152244
Just join a chatroom?

It's like having friends, without actually having to go see anyone.
>>
>>18152479
cont.

I'm also an introvert, and only child. So most of my life has been similar to what you described, with exceptions here and there. Now a days, it's almost exactly what you described with the exception of 2 coworkers who talk to me as we work.

I prefer quiet too, no real life friends either. I enjoy my peace of mind. And I feel making an effort to develop friendships feels like a drain.

Earlier I wrote a letter to a girl I'm interested in after losing a shot at giving her my number, and THAT made me feel weird as shit.. can't imagine what she's thinking.. probably thinks poorly of me..

but there you go.. you make outreach, you feel sadder, you don't make outreach, people wonder wtf is wrong with you.. and all I can say is.. I've just grown into this.
>>
>>18152244
Get a job, become friends with coworkers.
>>
Similar for me except I moved countries.

It's been 9 years with no IRL friends for me. Just co-workers or bandmates. Also some internet "friends" I play video games with. I miss having IRL friends.
>>
It is unhealthy. I moved to a nearly rural area with my gf and made no friends outside of her while i was there. Before moving, i never had any issue making friends, but i work from home and there was nothing to do there and i kind of enjoyed the newfound solitude.

Meanwhile she made friends at her work and started hanging out with some guy more and more. Eventually left me for him, moved out of our apartment and immediately into his, and left me stranded alone in a shitty town i had moved to for her. I was no longer close with anyone back give, having barely spoken to any of them in 3 years. I had no one to take my mind off of it. I sat at home and cried literally every night for at least a year.

It was awful, anon. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, ever.
>>
>>18152244
You sound lovely.
You're my spirit neet
>>
>>18152905
That's what you get for choosing a whore to run away with.

I have zero friends since high school 10 years ago.
Girlfriend hangs out with her friends at least 3 times a week but she comes home eager to get this cock.

You got cucked hard kid.
>>
>>18152912
We had been together 5 years before moving. I never saw it coming. I didn't even get jealous when she was hanging out with this other guy so much. I was just glad she had friends because, back in our hometown, she had always been shy and asocial and i was the popular one with lots of friends. It's been 3 years since the break up and I'm still pretty stunned and damaged by the entire thing. I don't even hate her, I'm just confused and hurt. It's been awful.
>>
>>18152244

It's as easy as going to get a part-time job. Even if you don't make friends there, at the very least you'll be out of his hair for a few hours.

As someone with a lot of friends, that I try to maintain a relationship with, it is very difficult to date someone with little to no friends or personal life. Not only because the power balance is off kilter, but when you ask a person what they did with their day/weekend/month, the answer is basically "nothing," or they talk about a show they watched or book they read.
>>
>>18152905
Yup. See kids, this is why you don't invest any feelings in a woman (could be true for men, too, but I wouldn't know). Even if this doesn't happen to you, it's still not worth it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.