[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my doctor said my depression and anxiety would decrease if i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: spl1143874_004_vin_425.jpg (35KB, 425x638px) Image search: [Google]
spl1143874_004_vin_425.jpg
35KB, 425x638px
my doctor said my depression and anxiety would decrease if i get a gf and lose my virginity
is he right?

i've tried online dating but my confidence went down lower when i sent like 70 messages and only got 2 dates and none of them called me back after we met up :(
>>
>>18151153
try lowering your standards, go for feminists, literally no guy dates them.
check their bios for "how women shape the future" or whatever.
>>
>>18151176
>go for feminists

literally might as well just kys now

majority of feminists are hardcore scapegoatists that will prey on every single small character flaw you have

the other type of feminists are the ones who are too stupid to see that the rest of feminism are scapegoatists
>>
>>18151153
Its a short term fix. It worked for me for a while but then it doesnt work anymore.

I'm fat again now, but for a few years I worked out hard and got really thin. I was really happy then. Felt good about myself and my life. Maybe it will work for you.
>>
If you're young, then your doctor might feel you have mostly circumstantial depression caused largely by living a truly pathetic existence. In which case getting your dick wet might solve a lot of your issues.

He's probably partly right, but then you also likely lack the ability to engage the world properly.
>>
>>18151153
>my doctor said my depression and anxiety would decrease if i get a gf and lose my virginity
/adv/ BTFO

>i've tried online dating
You're supposed to ask for advice BEFORE you make shit decisions - we're not lifestyle-surgeons. Fortunately, this one isn't going to haunt you for life it's just a retarded experience you had. Get the fuck off the internet and start meeting people in person. First hang out with dudes, then start hanging out in mixed areas but don't have any expectation of sex. You need social experience before you even attempt to get sex, because otherwise you're going to get the wrong damn kind and you're not going to know that until it's too late.

>>18151176
Feminists these days are just smelly hamplanets who hate men with a burning passion. Have fun being blamed for her decisions.
>>
>>18151206
>because otherwise you're going to get the wrong damn kind and you're not going to know that until it's too late.
there's wrong kinds of sex?
>>
>>18151206
>we're not lifestyle-surgeons

Speak for yourself, I'm literally a lifestyle surgeon. Also your advice is shit.

OP, are you living at home? You need to get your own place and move out and get a job. Go to university if you feel up for it, or get a dayjob. You'll meet people naturally that way, especially if you are active in the student community. If you're already adult, then go out to town with your friends. If you dont have any friends, then join a literal motorcycle gang to get friends, or do drugs. You can also attempt to get women by going to bars alone but this is creepy, depending on your age.
>>
No fucking way a professional doctor would say that, try harder.
>>
>>18151219
He said nothing about "professional" doctor, and doctors are people too. There are more than enough terrible doctors out there who might be good at their field but their personality and people skills leaves much to be desired.
>>
>is he right?
Maybe. Probably not. We can't really tell without knowing anything about you, but this really doesn't sound like the advice of a psychologist. More like something you'd hear here.

The reasons for depression tend to be elusive and complicated, it's usually not something that can be fixed by one relationship or a few fucks. Severe, actual depression is usually a result of your mentality, of your way of seeing the world and yourself. I'm not saying a relationship can't make you happy, it is possible, but you have to remember that happiness is an internal process. If your happiness is based on a relationship it will be very fragile. You will become needy and dependent, which is very unhealthy in relationships.

Lack of belonging and intimacy is the cause of depression in many cases, but going in a desperate quest for sex and girlfriend is not the way to deal with it. Any psychological problem should be addressed from within. You have to become the kind of person that can form meaningful connections before trying to form meaningful connections. It's really harder than it seems, you need a certain amount of honesty, empathy, confidence and, as weird as it may sound detachment. I can't begin to explain how to acquire these things, but you should read these 2 books:
Happiness by Matthieu Ricard is a book about meditation, but it also gives you a pretty good idea about how happiness is achieved, how social interaction affect it and how to regard the world in a way that will allow you to connect with others and be content with your life.
Models by Mark Manson is a book about.. well attracting women and being "alpha". Which may sound weird, considering what I said above, but it also does a very good job at explaining the importance of honesty (with yourself and others), how to become honest and how to have meaningful and pleasant interactions with others.
>>
>>18151227
A doctor implies being a professional, I've never seen an amateur doctor.
>>
>>18151238
I dont think you've ever seen a doctor at all to be fair.
>>
>>18151240
I did and telling me to "get a gf" like that sounds highly unethical.
>>
>>18151216
im 20 and just started community college. unfortunately the college is 40mins away from my house so i take all my classes online. just started my job so i'll be getting a car soon. i'll try joining a club
>>18151219
i am sincerely not kidding. my insurance is shit but my doctor is from india
>>
>>18151247
i.e. a therapist or psychologist wouldn't be so bold in telling you what you should do or not, maybe subtle suggestions here and there.
>>
>>18151237
thank you. i'll order both those books off amazon. and i think you are right about the needy part. when the two girls i met off okcupid would text me i used to worry about how i texted them back might turn them off from liking me.
guess i need to fix myself first.
>>
>>18151248
I'm glad you're considering my advice of joining a club. I would have been an autist for the rest of my life had I not done so. You'll have more friends than you know how to count before you know it. And then you'll meet a girl naturally eventually.
>>
>>18151153
You got 2 dates, that's pretty good. You realize that every girl you messaged gets literally dozens of other messages a day if not more. Just keep it up.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.