[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is introversion a character flaw?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1487626628676.jpg (41KB, 642x663px) Image search: [Google]
1487626628676.jpg
41KB, 642x663px
Is introversion a character flaw?
>>
>>18150633
depends on whether it is getting in the way of things.
>>
>>18150633
Name 1 (one, uno) person that is introvert and successful.

That's what I thought.
>>
>>18150658
Mark Zuckerberg, or Bill Gates.
>>
>>18150633
It is a character flaw only if you let it be.
It might be a great quality to be self sufficient, thoughtful, or more prone to be picky in terms of bonding. If used at your advantage, being introverted might actually be a good thing.
Also - introversion =/= social inadequacy.
>>
>>18150658
>Name 1
Bill Gates
>>
>>18150658
You do realize that someone who's an introvert can still be charismatic and good with crowds, right? It's just draining
>>
>>18150633
Character flaws are spooks
>>
>>18150692
This.

My boyfriend is probably the most introverted person I have ever met, and he still is outstandingly charismatic.
He drowns everyone's attention to him and he's just amazing, enthusiastic and passionate about what he's saying. He hates the shit out of it, and he needs a week to recover from a speech, but I'd honestly listen to him talk for 10 hours a day.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170322-180015.jpg (866KB, 1432x2005px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170322-180015.jpg
866KB, 1432x2005px
>>18150676
>>18150684

You do realize Billy gates is an extrovert right.

You cant stereotype nerds some of them love talking
>>
>>18150731
Bill Gates always claimed to be an introvert and talked about his introversion as a reason for his success.
>>
>>18150633
Lol @ this thread

Being introverted is not the same thing as being socially unskilled. Not wanting to be around people as much is not a character flaw. You can be good at socializing and just not partake in it as much, just like you can be good at a video game or playing an instrument without playing it all day every day.

Refusing to be around people because you're unable to socialize well might be a sign of some work to do for your own personal sake.
>>
>>18150699
I'm guessing you haven't been together more than 6 months or so? Sooner or later you will decide he isn't as dominant as you think he is now, and you will stop being attracted. Fuck off.
>>
>>18150731
>You cant stereotype
>sports a flawed stereotyping test as "proof"
This checks out.
>>
>>18150633
that kid isn't sitting alone because he's introverted.
He's sitting alone because he's fat and looks nerdy.
Introversion has to be a choice, he doesn't have any choice, they just have no desire to talk to him.
His character flaw is being undesirable
>>
>>18150760
being charismatic and being dominant are not the same thing.
>>
>>18150770
Introversion isn't a choice. You don't choose to be drained by social interactions and need time alone to recover from them.
>>
File: 1470702347184.jpg (67KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470702347184.jpg
67KB, 480x640px
>>18150633
depends on your goal

>>18150658
depends on what you understand by 'successful'
>>
>>18150771
Avoided answering the question, just like a typical woman.
>>
>>18150775
You choose to avoid them because they're draining, you can't choose to avoid them if you're not given the chance to have then.
>>
>>18150760
9 years last week.
He is fairly domiant, even if in a pretty unconventional way. Which I enjoy.
He is charismatic and has great rhetoric, he's enthusiastic about the things he talks about.
>>
>>18150777
I am neither that poster nor a woman.
>>
>>18150778
right, but you aren't CHOOSING for those interactions to be draining when you have them. introversion ITSELF is not a choice, it is just something you are; it is your character.
>>
>>18150798
But what makes those interactions stressful and draining?
Insecurities about yourself, worries that you can't keep up with the socialization, etc.
So all in all it comes back to these traits where you realize your body, conversational skills, hair, looks, career, etc aren't good enough and it makes these conversations stressful where instead if you were proud of yourself or knew you were valuable, social interactions would have no draining affect because you wouldn't be putting in work to cover yourself and hide your flaws amongst other things
>>
>>18150823
t. someone who knows jack shit but is attempting to psychoanalyse
>>
>>18150887
>shallow insults instead of explanations on how you feel or why because you're slowly starting to apply what i just said to yourself and its making sense
Good luck anon.
>>
>>18150633
More of a handicap.
>>
>>18150633
Only if you aren't doing the thins you need to do.
>>
No if you don't let it define you.

I'm introverted and have always considered myself comfortable with my own company but I understand that friends make life easier and more interesting... in small doses
>>
>>18150633
no but a lot of my professors seem to think so when i sit in the back. then i socialize pretty well with who ever asks me a question and they get surprised. i just hate all of you.
>>
There's a huge difference between introversion and social retard guys
>>
When you're young and introverted you're often told that you can't be successful and outwardly introverted. I believed that quite strongly until I had been working for a few years and I was in charge of other people.

Then I realized I found brazen confident extroverts incredibly tedious and if I did, then that meant other people did as well. Which means there are large sections of society that much prefer quiet, reserved, and bookish types.

It's also important to note that being shy or introverted or whatever is not an excuse for being shit at life. If you've got hang-ups, then you've got to learn how to use to deal with them or use them to your advantage. But you also need to accept that doesn't mean you need to be a loud asshole.
>>
>>18150770
Correct

For all we know, he is waiting on his nerdy friends.

He is undesireable to the normies sitting near him, but im sure other rejects would embrace him
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.