[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like my job isnt right for me. Any advice on what jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1459793665995.jpg (292KB, 1920x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1459793665995.jpg
292KB, 1920x1079px
I feel like my job isnt right for me.
Any advice on what jobs someone with labor experience and an AA in liberal arts can get?
I also want to move because its too expensive to live in my state. What are ideal incomes in other locations?
NJ here and you need at least $2000 a month to live semi comfortable.
>>
>>18149968

What do you do now? That's kind of crucial. An AA in liberal arts isn't going to get you much of anywhere, to be honest.

Do you have any savings to move?

You didn't leave much for us to go off of.
>>
>>18149968
>NJ here and you need at least $2000 a month to live semi comfortable. I live in NJ, and you need more than that if you want to have a place to yourself. Otherwise, you're stuck with roommates.

Get out of the state. This state is for people with established careers and wanting to raise a family. It's not for people just getting on the ladder. Cost of living is just too fucking high.
>>
>>18149977
>>18149994
I'm currently in a warehouse. I could eventually make my living, but it doesn't seem worth it to work 60 hours a week becoming a driver.

I want to move out of the state, but just want to ensure I have something to guarentee a job. Say even dish washing? is it possible to live off that job in other areas?
>>
>>18150029
Sounds like you are asking if it's possible to live off of minimum wage. Sure. If you are frugal and don't need medical care.
>>
>>18150029
Hang on a second bro. You are working in a warehouse in NJ. I know an older lady who started in a warehouse and ended up making six figures down here in Florida where there are no unions and the wages are shit. You work in an environment where the path up the ladder is clearly defined. If you bust your ass and get all the qualifications and certifications to advance you could end up in regional management like her one day. The first step up the ladder for her was becoming a driver.
>>
>>18150029
>>18150260
And by the way if you want to move to Florida to clean pools you can afford your own apartment and truck off of the wages but it's the hardest fucking thing I've ever done in my life, and I've done roofing and framing, worked in restaurants, and been in the military. I've had a few summers that were MUCH harder than boot camp. Don't even complain about 60 hour weeks when some people spend 75 hours cleaning pools in Florida.
>>
>>18150260
Sounds like this guy isn't too ambitious and just wants to get by.
>>
>>18149968
What is your current living situation? What expenses do you have and what is your income?
>>
>>18150029
Why not become a driver? Do it for one year and save all the income difference from what you currently make. Then you will actually have savings to help you move.
>>
>>18149968
>AA in Liberal Arts
>AA
>Liberal Arts
GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
>>
>Jobs
>Liberal Arts

Admit to yourself you've made a mistake and go back and get a different degree. If you want something right now that pays moderately well, companies are thirsty as fuck for people with A+ CompTia certifications (computer technical certification). I have jack all for both education and experience and they won't stop sending me offers, I'm considering labeling some as spam. If you don't like the idea of being a computer guy/gal, then go to school for what you want to do.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.