[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living on the road.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I am facing the real possibility that I may no longer have a roof over my head.

I have a car, a casual job (I'm currently a university student) and about $3000 to my name.

I am very adventurous in nature, so I have a bit of enthusiasm tackling this issue head on. But I am realistic, I have a lot outdoor related skills/activities under my belt. i.e bushcraft, fishing, spearfishing etc.

Can anyone refer me to an article or an info pic on how to started? what bases do I need covered? What advice can you give me?
>>
>>18149815
Are you going to live in a car? Learn car maintenance. Learn where you can legally sleep/camp/fish/etc.

That said, $3000 is enough to pay rent for a while where I'm from. Especially if you also have a job. Why can't you move, or couchsurf, etc`?
>>
>>18149815
Couch surfing websites. No shit, my brother has spent almost a year all across Asia doing nothing but using couch surfing. It will be way easier in America, too, and will save you tons of money.

Otherwise, 3k is more than enough to move into a place
>>
>>18149830
I'm from Australia.

Unfortunately the cost to rent here isn't ideal, I've never rented before, so I'm searching the in's and outs with real estate agent websites to see my options. Unfortunately my job is in the middle of a city and it isn't really an option for me to rent nearby with my income as a casual. The advantage is my work has showers so there's a plus.

I am well versed in regards to the law here regarding camping and fishing, I eat like a king near the sea, in fact my food expenses is just supplementary like veggies ingredients, utensils etc. My issue is largely that my food depends on tides.

>>18149841
> couch surfing
Not something I can do desu, I'd rather live in a car than bother my friends to sleep in their couch. Many still live with their parents. I kinda feel ashamed to ask as well.

Plus I am uncertain on how safe I'll be sleeping in my car either =(
>>
>>18149859
I can probably ask a around a circle of my friends. I attended a couple of parties and Christmas functions and stuff.
>>
>>18149859
Couch surfing websites you retarded Australian. You're a fucking caricature m8
>>
You still need to find work no matter where you go. I imagine you stay a few months after finding work and go on.
>>
I've done it. I'd do it again. I won't lie and say it was sunshine and wonder, but it was a great time.

Keep your possessions to a minimum; mostly clothes, toiletries, food related items, and one or two hobbies.

The cardinal rule is to take care of yourself and not look homeless. That means showering, grooming yourself, and washing your clothes. Nobody will even know you sleep outside.

Also, cars are terrible. Get a van. Or take the money you're making and get an apartment to save hassle.
>>
>>18149815
Get a plaent fitness black card so you have acsess to all clubs. 24/7 showers pizza and bagles on mondays, member rest area with free massage chairs wifi and tv and also exercising
>>
Thread bump for more advice and insight.

Might fall in a similar situation.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.