[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

talent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1471573838847.png (153KB, 560x582px) Image search: [Google]
1471573838847.png
153KB, 560x582px
why is everyone so talented in everything? half the time nowadays people make these things look easy. hell my damn girlfriend can sing, and she only bad a year of musical Training In middle school.
why is it that everything and everyone has to make me feel invalidated?
>>
File: IMG_2386.png (205KB, 951x532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2386.png
205KB, 951x532px
Have you ever actually practiced at anything consistently

As someone that isn't talented at anything inherently I have become skilled in many things and sometimes surpassing talent. It takes hard work and dedication to make it look easy.
>>
>>18149613
It doesnt matter what others do. What matters is what you want.

What do you want from life OP? Figure this out and start working on your goals.
>>
>>18149613
"Talent", a word that lazy people made up. Dont give me the argument about "talented" kids. Their parents put them under an intense training from when they were 1-year-old. Of course theyre gonna play the piano well, but they might grow up to be twisted or retarded.
>>
>>18149634
for the most part, much of my life was spent trying to impress people. but now I'm trying to become really skilled at drawing and acting. my problem was that I tried doing things to impress others and feel "cool" like the others.
>>18149638
you know, I think you're right. that made me think everything is hopeless and that even if I work hard and grow very skilled, I'll always be behind them. but my mind set was wrong
>>18149623
I do practice drawing often nowadays. I also trained my as a off in super smash Bros for the past 2-3 months. my girlfriend said I went from sucking to going from average to good really fast.
I think my other problem is that I'm never satisfied, but in the wrong way. I should be working twice as hard, but instead I tell myself it's hopeless, I won't be like anyone. but all of you guys are right. thanks anons!

also nice Rock Lee pic, I gotta follow his mindset more
>>
talent is just the baseline, the potential. its not until training that they get good.

she seems good to you because you dont sing at all, but most singers would look at your girlfriend and see her as nothing special.

a kid who is 'talented' at soccer still has miles to go before he can compete with anyone who is good at it.
>>
>>18149638
I agree that practice will make you "talented" at most things, but there are people who have natural ability in ways that others don't.

Still, doesn't mean you shouldn't try and can't develop your skills.
>>
>>18149862
that's true, she only sings for fun. actually, she didn't really have training. she only sang for a performance on middle school and at that same time was in the church chorus for a bit. all she likes to sing are Naruto, RWBY, and video game songs. wanna hear her?
>>18149868
yeah that's what always irked me. people say because of my deep voice I'm not a horrible singer, thing is I'm more behind my girlfriend in skill. oddly she claims I should appreciate I can draw since she supposedly can only draw a stick figure. all she gotta do is learn a while to get it (which partially scares me)
>>
>>18149613
You want to be skilled at something? Start practicing. I hardly played guitar until two years ago when I started college, and now I look back at how awful I was in high school. Same thing with singing, I had to start practicing for class and now I'm in the choir and the professor loves me (a little too much). But I couldn't draw a stick figure for the life of me, or dance, or play saxophone, I've never done or practiced any of that
>>
>>18149613
Because you have an irrationally low opinion of yourself. Cheer up kiddo, you ain't so bad
>>
>>18149613
And here I am, no talent browsing 4chan. I feel you, anon.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.