[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend wants me to do shrooms with her and I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3412.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3412.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
My girlfriend wants me to do shrooms with her and I've never done them before. What should I expect and is there anything I should know before I do them?
>>
Dont eat beforehand.
Do drink some orange juice when you take them.
Also, have a plan. Have some movies ready, music, maybe plan to take a walk.

Once you take them be sure to enjoy the trip.
>>
>>18149046
Just don't do it in a spooky house. Things can get weird. It can take about 45 min. - 1 hour to kick in. You will likely see patterns moving first.
>>
>>18149046
Do NOT look in a mirror. If u have to pee just look down. If you start feeling too high and get panicky, just keep telling yourself you are fine and to ride the wave and enjoy the high. Drink water. Nature walks are amazing.
>>
>>18149046
Just be in an overall good mood and natural environment, like a big park.

Have sunglasses and hats ready incase yall have to get social and get anxiety. Psychedelics is very nice
>>
There are two important parts to a trip: (mind)Set and Setting. Set is how you prepare mentally for the trip, ie what goals you have for it. Depending on your goals for the trip, you might want to see good visuals, bond with your girlfriend, or learn about yourself. You and your gf should discuss your goals beforehand. Once you have the proper mindset, it is important to choose a good setting where you both can feel safe. Make sure you are able to set aside your responsibilities for the rest of the day. Ideally the setting should compliment your mindset, but this is not required. You will have a good time.
>>
>>18149059
>Also, have a plan. Have some movies ready, music, maybe plan to take a walk.
People always say this shit. I disagree.

To me, shrooms are a very, very introspective drug. I can't focus on anything outside my head and immediate surroundings when I'm on them. Can't focus on a movie, can't stand to have music playing.

Very possibly I'm in the minority, but if OP's anything like me, then the most important thing will be to talk it over with his girlfriend beforehand and make sure she won't get hurt or panicky if he just wants to go off into another room by himself, at least until the trip peaks.
>>
Get some weed
Weed will help calm you down if it gets too crazy and will also extend the trip if you blaze 4-5 hours into the trip.
Whiteboi
>>
Do you have anxiety problems?

If you do be careful, i have strong anxiety problems and had some of the painful experiences, i learned a lot tho i dont feel regret.
>>
>>18149349
Do NOT get weed unless you are very used to it and it has a very relaxing effect on you.
Weed can calm some people down, but for others it will cause anxiety and take the trip for a worse turn.
>>
>>18149046
I guess all has been covered by previous replies. From what I remember it's best to take them with a bunch of people together. Also be in a good mood first and actually WANT to experience the trip. Don't fight it when it kicks in, invite the flow. Put on like an ambient or chill house mix before hand so it's all nice and relaxing. If one of you goes bad, try to comfort them as much as possible to get them tripping happy again.

The weirdest thing I experienced was, is that you can really feel connected with the other person doing shrooms, and everyone else seems to just melt away but you can look at your buddies and go, did you see that?! and they will go. Fuck yeah! Even though they might actually see something totally different.

Lasts between 4 to 7 hrs
Enjoy!
>>
Also it's important to order a pizza just before you start tripping. It's fucking hilarious!
https://youtu.be/Of0vaF2FngE
>>
>>18149089
Why not look in a mirror on shrooms?
>>
>>18149571
I've never thought of looking in a mirror on shrooms. It's fun to look before you start tripping though because you can see your pupils become huge round 10 mins before the trip starts.

My guess is, that you may not like what you see? haha. Or you might not really fully understand what it is you are seeing. Shrooms give that very bendy melty vision effect sometimes. Like you are dreaming. Would you want to see how you look like?
>>
>>18149571
it's a trip to see how other people see you

Some (most) people have low self esteem and it can easily cause a negative loop

Obviously this is not always the case, I looked in the mirror and I just saw Gaston
>>
File: conspiracy-keanu.jpg (11KB, 480x251px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy-keanu.jpg
11KB, 480x251px
>>18149602
>>18149606
The pupil dilation is cool. I guess looking into a mirror might be a bad idea, but it sounds almost too funny. What if you watch yourself from a webcam that is behind you? Shiiiet. mfw
>>
>>18149616
Just lurking the thread, I've dropped acid but never done shrooms. I would absolutely not recommend looking in a mirror. Drugs make you see things in a less ordinary way and there's a good chance you will perceive your reflection as an (evil) doppelganger or imposter. It doesn't take much (especially in bad light) to feel like your reflection made a movement you did not, or looked at your eyes while you were looking at a part of your body.

And if you have a frightful association, good luck not getting nervous because you feel like the trip is about to go bad. Just stay away from it to be sure.
>>
I loooooooove staring into a mirror on acid I can't wait to try it on shrooms but they are so hard to find

Last trip i went to the gold coast I spent a good portion walking around naked in my hotel with strong feelings of acceptance, self respect and love. I valued who I was as a person and finally understood the concept of self esteem the introspective properties of psychedelics are second to none. Most people are at such a level of misunderstanding they boil LSD and shrooms down to huuurrr colors durr. Staring into the mirror and seeing the real me gazing was one of the most significant profound experiences of my life. If you are frightened to meet yourself just remember fear does not exist it's an illusion go far beyond it and enter your inner kingdom

You are a lucky lucky man OP
>>
>>18149649
I did a very mild amount of lsa and never looked into the mirror when the trip was at its peak. At some point "after" the trip I felt someone watching me, but only once and Im grateful. Also I was very respectful towards the drug and made sure Im in a good state and had time to plan. This might be pseudoscienceblabber but the trip changed me so much that Im now exercising daily. I know Ill sound like a weedbro, but natural drugs should be legal, regulated, taught at schools, and encouraged. Maybe next time if Im doing a strong dose I should cover all reflecting material thoughs. Im afraid of my doppelganger, fuck...
>>
>>18149649
And if it did move who gives a shit you stare that motherfucker directly in the eye and transcend your petty feelings of fear, literally NOTHING absolutely NOTHING will happen

Ive gazed into the mirror seen my head morph and melt and looked like a burn victim and Aztec warrior a lion a tribal markings head a you name it, I control what I am afraid of and I'm not afraid of myself
>>
>>18149659
Haha no kidding. I have smoked weed from time to time for years, and my worst ever experience was getting "lost" staring at my mirror image and eventually feeling like I was staring at someone who was smirking at me and ready to take my place. I don't ever get paranoid on weed usually. When I did acid I had a friend accompany me to the bathroom specifically to make sure I did not look into the mirror. Heard much worse stories from psychedelic trips, especially if they took enough/powerful enough shrooms for actual hallucinations.

I am in favor of legalizing everything just because it seems to work best practically. But I have to say that as someone who knows relatively many people who did a lot of drugs, stories of people who fucked themselves up a bit along the way are very common. A friend of mine had a spontaneous psychosis from LSD that for three+ months pretty much took her out of the equation. It's been fifteen months now and she's only just starting to feel like her normal self more or less. Drugs can absolutely change people for the better of for the worse. I also feel like many people carry baggage they are not ready to (ever?) face. Especially the high strung people who just push everything down.
>>
>>18149665
does ur mirror doppelganger brag more or less tho
>>
>>18149671
Stay scared chicken man
>>
>>18149665
That's cool, but not everyone is capable of having that mindset and if the choice is between finding out what you're made of with best case scenario a great soul-searching experience and worst case scenario being traumatized or terrified beyond belief, I'd say it's not worth trying it -especially- during the very first trip you go on.

It's not about anything "happening" it's about what it does to your mind. You don't need any external force to drive you figuratively or literally insane.
>>
>>18149670
Yep, a lot of counseling would be required so we can see if a person is ready and how they should have their trips. There might be educated professionals in that world, and they would help a person who has baggage, but wants to do drugs. Some people are stupid though, but we shouldnt go by the stupid.

What do you mean by the high strung people though? I didnt get that part. Im not a native speaker
>>
>>18149679
Basically people who are perfectionist and already have a hard time accepting that some stuff is beyond their control. You know the type: easily stressed, nervous, always push themselves, take precautions to keep themselves safe or make sure they make the right choice etc. What they call "type A personality". High strung is kind of (I guess, not a native speaker either) like they are under a lot of (internal) pressure, like a guitar with strings that are too tight.
>>
>>18149683
Oh, I see. Uptight is a term too, maybe.

There's a lot hidden within our minds and this timeline where drugs are illegal and basically censored in school systems is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>18149698
I associate uptight more with being prudish or very conservative in morality. But as I said it's not my first language either so it can be pretty wonky figuring out whether your associations are correct or you jumped to the wrong conclusions somewhere along the way.

I understand why drugs are illegal (though I disagree), what mostly blows my mind is why alcohol of all things is legal. It's superaddictive, makes people angry and violent compared to many other drugs, is much harder on the body than many alternatives, has a worse "come down" than, say, weed...
>>
>>18149571
I do shrooms annually and I've never had a bad trip, and I look in the mirror all the time when I do, makes me laugh my ass off.
My favorite spot was actually in my "dad's bathroom" back at my parents place, cause it had this wallpaper of a rocky mountain forest, and it had two mirrors opposing eachother so you could look down a mirror tunnel and see like 20 reflections of yourself. Good shit.

Anyway, I can see how the no mirror advice is good cause sure it could cause a bad trip.
To see a demonic evil version of yourself trapped in the mirror, or to watch your eyeball slowly melt its way down your cheek like some kind of extreme stroke victim is a freaky thing to see.
But as long as you maintain your sense of rational thought then such things can't cause you any harm.
As long as you know you're on drugs and tripping then you won't perceive these things as real, you'll see them for what they are, a trip. And then you can just laugh at them
>>
>>18149707
About that alcohol bit. Isnt alcohol much easier to make on your own, if it was made illegal? For drugs you need to grow the stuff and it takes time, but alcohol (moonshine?) you can make in a day.
>>
>>18149742
Oh yeah, of course, I understand practically that this is the easiest to get your hands on (and that causes it to be most normalized).

I just think a lot of people don't realize this and have a very simplistic idea (I know I had) of everything other than alcohol being worse in every way. While actually alcohol isn't just technically a drug, but not even a particularly harmless or mild one.
I'll never forget how mindfucked I was the first time I did cocaine and felt so... normal and sober. (Which I actually don't like, I don't do drugs to feel clear in my head but whatever.)
>>
>>18149749
I also realized how exotic most drugs are thought of as in 1st world countries, compared to alcohol. There's a lot of mystery in them and the 80s propaganda has done its job for the older majority of population. Alcohol has been a part of wine culture in Europe for the longest time too. If alcohol was banned, what would happen to the big wineyards of Europe and that culture as a whole. Basically, alcohol moved in first, so it gets to stay. There is instances of alcohol banning in history though, but Im too lazy to look it up. In short, the bans resulted in homemade alcohol.
>>
>>18149737
To continue my post.
Definitely get some weed to go with it.
I once described mixing the 2 to a buddy while I was tripping and this is what he told me I said;
Tripping on shrooms is like getting in a canoe and drifting down a river, you aren't in control of where the river takes you and your task is simply to perceive. Perceive the water flowing, perceive the forest at the banks, perceive the sky above.
Smoking weed while on shrooms changes the river, it makes it gentler and longer. But the canoe is still the same.

Also my advice is to be outside, out in nature. Go for a hike, go camping or fishing or something.
You'll never feel so in tune with this world as you do while tripping balls in the woods.

Also I've been told you shouldnt go swimming while tripping, but I've had no issue with it
>>
>>18149756
There's native drugs, they are just currently less popular or well-known because there's better alternatives. For example, you can smoke the skin of fly amanita, which is commonly found all across at least European forests.
>>
It's just a disgrace that because of drug bans a lot of history isnt always fully covered. Many precursor cultures used drugs as a spiritual conduit. I want off this timeline.
>>
Don't do what my boyfriend did- he got tired like an hour into the trip and went to bed leaving me alone. I couldn't stop thinking about killing myself and felt insane all night. I suffered from depersonalization for months afterwards and still sometimes do. Just be careful and don't take too much (1.5g of shrooms is more than enough and made me see patterns and shit). If either of you suffer from mental illness/anxiety/depression/anything like that you should just not do them. If I could turn back time I never would have done those stupid shrooms, they fucked up my mind for months
>>
>>18149788
You should try them again honestly, It might reverse what your previous trip did and give you better insight.
>>
>>18149809
Err. The fact that she had a bad trip is already a discouraging sign for how she deals with drugs, and the fact that it's going to trigger such bad memories makes it even more likely still that she'll have a bad time again.
>>
>>18149821
True but she obviously has shit she needs to face and deal with, If she can't well thats a shame. Theres no such thing as a bad trip, Only difficult ones.
>>
>>18149781
Lol it's not like we erased the records of drug use. Except in the case of the Maya where the Spanish burned their heathen books.

We know about Indian Soma, that the Scythians ate certain seeds for recreation, tons of references to opium across Eurasia (the sumerian's name for it literally translates to 'joy plant'), the oldest evidence appearing in neolithic times. Tobacco, Marijuana, ayahuasca, ergot, coca, psilocybin.... read a fucking book, just because it wasn't in your school textbook doesn't mean it's not covered, it's just irrelevant to macro history, which is the goal of school history classes.
>>
>>18149809
whew lad. stop giving advice
>>
>>18149046

I'd recommend fasting before-hand. I usually just skip breakfast and have shrooms in the morning. I keep some fresh fruit around in case I get hungry during the trip (I usually don't though) because any unidentifiable food or meat just gives me weird vibes.

As far as dosage goes, for your first time, I'd recommend a lower dose. I love doing a lowish dose (1.5-2g or so) with my GF, because it makes us both feel like kids and it's sort of like we get to experience playing together as children, even though we didn't grow up together. It gives us a sort of childlike perspective on ourselves and each-other that is a really nice bonding experience.

FYI - the comeup can feel pretty weird, like I always feel like I'm crying and sweating and my nose is running all at once, but actually none of that is true. But after the comeup, shrooms actually have a VERY PLEASANT body high. Like the body high from shrooms is even better than the high from opiates IMO.

>>18149224

I agree with this anon. Shrooms are very introspective for me in higher doses, and even in lower doses they're pretty heady. I generally just leave my options open and do whatever I feel like when I'm on shrooms. If you live in a relatively rural area, going for a nature walk can be a good option. Petting a cat can be amazing.

For a higher dose (3.5g and above), my best ever experience was laying on the floor, in the sun, with my eyes closed, listening to Leonard Cohen's Old Ideas album. Damn religious experience.

>>18149524

What this guy said, weed can fuck with your anxiety levels.

tl;dr do it in a good mood, don't each before-hand but maybe have some fruit on hand, try not to schedule your trip and just let it go where it wants, it is nice to do with good company, don't overstimulate yourself, don't fight it
>>
>>18149842
No need to be rude its just I heard that trying again and having a goal is the best thing to do. :(
>>
>>18149893
It's not good advice at all. I'm sick of people acting like shrooms can conquer all of your mental problems when they can actually do a lot of harm. If someone says that they regret doing them and has suffered from them, "do it again" is pretty bad advice.
>>
>>18149923

The idea that shrooms rek people seems pretty strange to me. I think in general if you can't handle a shroom trip, you probably have some very severe problems and should really focus on those for a while.

Personally, shrooms "fixed" me after I experienced months of depersonalization and intermittent psychosis following a different bad trip, wherein I consumed:

1. Several tabs of unknown RC claiming to be LSD
2. Half a gram of 15x salvia
3. Lots of cannabis
4. 7g Amanita Muscaria

And overdosed to the degree that I legit almost died and sat afterwards, thinking I was a ghost, writing a will in the parking lot of Walmart. Compared to that experience, shrooms were like a walk in the park. In fact, I didn't feel normal again after that trip until I did shrooms.
>>
Write this shit down on your hand

- you are on magic mushrooms
- they will wear off shortly

I say this because sometimes things can get a little scary on mushrooms. During this time you may become disoriented or confused as to why you're feeling this way. Writing this momento on your hand will help ground you in those moments.

Just know that you'll most likely have a great time and come to see life differently after the trip. But also keep in mind that things could maybe go sour for a bit and that's normal too. You'll be fine ultimately. Couple other tips:

- do
them somewhere with ample access to the outdoors.
-Do them during the day
- don't drive
- don't do them if you happen to be having a shitty day/week
-drink plenty of water
- take atleast 1 gram but no more than 2.5 for your first trip, empty stomach washed down with OJ.
- if either of you begin to feel scared, a change of scenery can quickly fix this
- you may feel slight stomach pains in the come up, this is normal. Walking helps take your mind of it until it passes.
- and finally put your phones on air plane mode so you won't have jarring notifications or phone calls that might interrupt your trip

have a great time !
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.