[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lying about depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1428554914676.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1428554914676.gif
1MB, 500x281px
I was on medical leave from college for a year because of a deep depression/anxiety.
I'm starting to get back into dating and have been talking to girls a bunch. Problem is I don't know how to explain my medical leave. I want to make some bullshit reason as to why I took a year off but can't think of anything that could be serious enough to be on medical leave for a year.
If things get serious between me and someone else I will tell them it was for depression when I'm comfortable, but telling women right off the bat that I had a bad depression would steer 99.9% of them away. I've been going to therapy the last year and I've really got my depression under control, so they really wouldn't notice it.

>tl;dr whats a believable excuse to take a one year medical leave
>>
>>18148839

why do you have to bring this up right away? why say it was medical leave, say you took a gap year
>>
Say that you took medical leave because a family emergency, like having to take care of a sick family member. Or, find some illness online to lie about that can go away with treatment so you can just say you had then and now its all better.
>>
Just say you took a year out because of a medical issue. Most people won't push for an explanation and you can just tell them the full details when you're ready
>>
>>18148852
no not right away I'm saying if it comes up

>>18148864
>Most people won't push for an explanation
that's reassuring. I'm worried if I said medical leave/family emergency she would ask why and wouldn't be able to think of something on the spot
>>
>>18148875

G A P Y E A R
A
P

Y
E
A
R
>>
>>18148877
I guess I can roll with that. Could say I took a gap year before my internship starts.
I don't know how weird that is, I've never known anyone who has taken a gap year
>>
>>18148887

if they press further say 'oh my parents really needed me at home, things are a lot better now though'
>>
>>18148887
I think if mention a gap year then they will be asking you what you did etc. You'll have to make all that up
>>
>>18148911
fuck I think you're right, now I'm leaning more family emergency
>>
>>18148839
i dont think it really matters whether or not you hold off on telling them why you took a year off from college, everyone is almost completely different ages in your classes. and yeah, if you tell someone you have depression they just think they dont want to deal with that, so best to not tell them. most people are attracted to people who know what they want and how to get it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.