[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boxing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Waluigi.png (448KB, 569x325px) Image search: [Google]
Waluigi.png
448KB, 569x325px
I want to learn boxing in the summer, problem is its a good chunk of money that I would only want to use it if I really wanted it. I feel close enough to look more into it, but I was wondering if anyone has ever doing a boxing gym before and can give a run down or something.
>>
Dude just ask for an experimental class. Pretty much all the gyms are cool with that, then you can know if you really like the sport and their methods
>>
Get at home training dvds and if you lile that then go to the next step of taking courses. Get in shape before you do it. Also learn the 52 blocks i suggest lyte burly and sensei mo dvds, alot of good black boxers that kick ass know 52 blocks.
>>
Also teach your self as much as possible. You need to be able to watch boxing matches and identify each move so you can properly do combos. If you watch boxers do some fancy shit its going to be a challange to emulate the moves by just watching but of you study every little move they should come natural and your technique should become more fluid
>>
File: 1448063322255.gif (11KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1448063322255.gif
11KB, 250x242px
>>18148542
It's a great sport. It'll kick your ass and whip you into shape if you do if regularly, and you will learn some practical skills from it as well. That said, it takes a long time of dedicated training and conditioning to be good enough for a fight.

>>18148603
This guy doesnt know anything.
>at home training dvds
>52 blocks

What the actual fuck, senpai.
>>
>>18148585
I might try and see if they do that, thats a good idea

>>18148603
I did find some online youtube videos for it and tried some stuff out

>>18148622
I learn by doing more than I do by seeing so doing it in person would be alot better for me to understand it.
>>
>>18148631
im not expecting to fight or anything, I just wanna learn the forms, and the basics for it, maybe MAYBE spar on day but I dont see myself doing that
>>
Check this guy out. He was westly snipes body gaurd and a well known martial artist. They do the moves slow on this video so you can breal it down but in a real fight these moves are very fast and confuses the fuck put of the oppenet.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PnU6aPk6kg0
>>
Here is another video of judah vs mayweather. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4j8xf70IE4o
Alot of racist talk shit about the 52 blocks but you have to be able to identify it if your in the ring with someone who knows how to use it, if your in the ring and you see some guy moving his hands all crazy your not going to knpwnhow to react. Alot of fighters do crazy shit to time your reaction and then they get you! Learn as much as you can bro, im not saying the 52 is a superior style but to have the proprer info on it definetly puts you one step ahead of someone who dose not. The 52 is a very defensive style thats ment to hit while blocking at the same time.
>>
>>18148631
At home training videos are good way to study before enrolling in a program. For someone that knows nothing the videos will provide basic breakdowns of how to block and punch and you will learn at tour own pace. Id rather start boxing lessons and during the sessions have a "Hey ive scene this and tried this" mentality were a instructor can sharpen your skill vs going in not knowing shit and the instructor has to teach you step by step and help you develope minimal knowlage on the technique
>>
>read about nigga's "martial arts"
>whatch youtube videos
>learn from books
>go take a class
>takes an ass whooping from another beginner
>"bu-but muh 52 block"
>team gets a new clown and punch bag, 2 for 1

Look up kimbo slice, niggest of the niggers, youtube celebrity and streetfighter, retired with a cartel of 1-2, being his second loss to a football player
>>
you're not going to learn boxing over a fucking summer
lmao fucking scrub
>>
>>18148542
ive seen a boxing gym in this big building, its a huge class size and you have to do a lot of pauses in between punches which is really annoying. i recommend 1 on 1 boxing with a coach, its more rewarding and fun, a bit more expensive.
>>
>>18148804
Perfect example of what i said. Your going to have racist insecure ppl hate on 52 because its a black fighting technique. It is good to know the 52 blocks because when your opponet is doing crazy shit with his hands you will be able to decypher the technique. What people like this retard do not know is when your opponet starts doing the fancy shit with his hands he is timing and analyzing your reaction, and when he finds a hole in your technique it will be exploited and he will go for his strike when you least expect it. Who ever wrote this post tell me why do you hate on it and insult it? I understand someone that hates bummy hood niggas but be racist over a martial arts technique. Mike tyson one of the greatest of all time incorporated the 52 in his style along with other boxers. People that have to automaticly jump in a conversation that has nothing to do about race and say somthing like this guy said its an obvious sign of insecurity, inferiority, and poor emotional management. 52 blocks will do nothing but increase your hand game and put you a step ahead of those who dont know the art.
>>
Here is a white guy from the UK calling him self dink the professor. This guy gas good 52 demos online and his own school in the uk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUhawoOrEa0
>>
File: IMG_0524.png (683KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0524.png
683KB, 1136x640px
Last link im goin to post but just watch how the guy in the black shirt defends him self in the corner. 52 can be incorporated into any style
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmu6yvecgmY
>>
File: 1489977601391.jpg (20KB, 412x352px) Image search: [Google]
1489977601391.jpg
20KB, 412x352px
>>18148648
>african martial arts
>>
>>18148692
No. That is a way to develop bad habits that will take lots of hard work to break and will hamper your development. Work with an instructor from day one, or at lest a class with an instructor supervising.

Maybe later get some drills and combos from online, but let someone who actually knows what he's doing teach you proper technique first.
>>
>>18148692
And don't mix unorthodox shit into your training until you REALLY have the basics down, which will take a long time. Like, long enough to be able to competently spar, amount of time. This clown talking about 52 blocks is a dumbass who really doesn't know anything about boxing.
>>
>>18148542
You can definitely go for a few sessions to try it out, they won't charge you. After that start if you like it.

All in all I think the money is definitely worth it on learning some type of combat sport, it will be useful forever and you'll learn to man up.
>>
>>18149337
52 blocks\jailhouse\comstock was a system created to block your face from getting cut with razors while striking at the same time in new york prison system, im not saying dedicate your thirst for boxing to the 52, but be aware that it is out their and people whom never see it get caught up in what their opents doing they get distracted thinking what the fuck is this guy doing, giving the openet the oppurtunity to fuck you up. Im no way saying the 52 is a superior fighting system,its not even completed, the system is a little differant in each major ghetto but it is used and its good to know about the moves so you can use a superior strike to deflect the exotic , distracting handplay of the 52.
>>
Take boxing lessons on craigslist
>>
>>18149039
Isnt using your elbow to block a scummy thing to do?
>>
>>18149039
You ARE aware that this shit will hardly work with anyone who can throw a punch bellow your tits height or use a leg right? Or that any real life or MMA fight is going to end with the "52er" being grappled and possibly taken down???

Dude just go watch a bruce lee movie instead, it'll be much more instructive than this garbage
>>
>>18149348
JUST STOP.

I'm embarrassed for you just reading your posts.
>>
>>18149011
It could be a russian "fighting technic" for all I care. I don't hate it, until you mentioned it I didn't even know some bullshit like that was a thing. Just take that to any martial arts mat and see your guy leave with his ribs bruised or passed out against any muay thai or BJJ fighter from a minimally worthy gym.

>its good to know about the moves so you can use a superior strike to deflect the exotic , distracting handplay of the 52.

No shit sherlock, that's basically saying "when you see someone playing bozo with his hands, kick his silly ass"
>>
>>18150116
No rules in the street
>>
Fight tip:
You are not learning how to fight if you are not emulating a fight with another living being, preferably one who is better at fighting than you are. Training videos are shit.

Get ready to get your ass beat. Better in a gym with a coach than in an alley with a bunch of drunken thugs.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.