[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomorrow I have to make a huge decision on whether to go active

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0439.jpg (80KB, 750x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0439.jpg
80KB, 750x546px
Tomorrow I have to make a huge decision on whether to go active or reserve in the Army. Could any former soldiers please give their input. Anything they didn't tell you or what have done differently.
>>
Go reserve. People who go active generally KNOW they wanna go AD
>>
>>18148356

not sure how they KNOW active is for them when they haven't experienced it yet
>>
Have you ever watched a wounded warrior commercial
>>
>>18148380

Same way little kids grow up their whole life knowing they will be a Marine one day. It's just what you know you want.

BTW, being a smart ass won't get you far in the service
>>
>>18148384
>wounded warrior commercial

that's sad to see
and I can't imagine having to go through something like that

but I'm looking for advice on which choice would be a better fit me
scaring me off won't work
thanks for you input though
>>
>>18148482

if I'm coming off that way it wasn't intended

but there is a flaw in the logic of your statement

that's like me going to a dealer and saying should I buy a Ferrari fully loaded or stock

then the sales guy say's
well people usually just know before they come in

do you see what I'm getting at?

anyway I'm not here to argue, that's silly
but I appreciate your input
>>
joining active duty means youre going to be on the battlefield. if you know what youre getting into here and understand the risk that you may or may not be killed, or end up psychologically damaging yourself (PTSD), its up to you
>>
if u dont wish to risk your life and be a hero, just go reserve. or better yet, the air force
>>
>>18148271
Join the Air National Guard, bruh
>>
>>18148495

Alright, good luck in the service kid. You're going to be real fuckin popular.
>>
>>18148834

thanks man!
>>
>>18148512
This is 100% wrong and retarded
>>18148520
Wrong

95% of jobs are support jobs and will
Never fire a weapon aside from basic. You shouldn't post if you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
>>18148271
Active 100%
You'll regret half adding it and going reserves. Far more important is your job selection though. Choose a good mos and you'll be alright.
>>
>>18149321
Hit the nail on the head.

Those other two guys are retarded assholes. No idea why they said shit like they knew it was a fact. I strongly recomme d you don't sign anything until you know for a fact what job you want, and what job you will GET. They can't make you sign. Get a guarentee job first, then sign. If you're smart, you'll get something that translates well to the civilian sector, like contracting, finance, or some kind of analysis...
>>
>>18149321

>Active 100%

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to choose that route.

>Choose a good mos and you'll be alright.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks bro
>>
>>18149345

> If you're smart, you'll get something that translates well to the civilian sector

I was thinking the same thing, as cool as it sounds to launch artillery shells, I doubt that skill set will be in demand back in civilian life.

Thanks for the advice man
>>
>>18149345
Yep thx
>>18149353
That that guy said is true but even if you don't it isn't the end of the world thx to the gi bill. Using it as we speak and it's a god send.
>>
What do you want to get out of the service?
Do you have kids? Maybe a gf or wife?
If no to all, go active.

The reserves seems easy, and in a way it is. The thing is that you are still one phone call away from being deployed.

When you're active you're already to go. As long you're not a fuck up. You get told about it and you're pretty much ready to hop in that plane and do overseas shit.

Reserves, not as much. You only go in like one a month. It's up to you to keep up with the maintenance of your body. Then, when you get that fucking call, you have to drop everything. Like a fat kid getting his lunch knocked down by the school bully. You get sent over and when you come back you have to pick up the mess yourself.

I was a nasty girl when I got deployed, regret not being active. Might have made shit easier. Shame I didn't get that second tour like I wanted. Not in cards I guess.
>>
You're asking the wrong board.

>>>/k/33376826
>>
>>18148271
Well do you have anything better to do?
>>
Former Infantry here. Wanted to go Special Forces but my legs got all jacked up after jump school. Discharged back in November, and while I'm enjoying being a NEET for a little while it's getting pretty fucking frustrating to get rejected for all sorts of easy jobs. Just got the boilerplate thank you for a "library assistant" position that required a whooping 1 year of general customer service experience. So what I'm saying is, if you want to do cool guy jobs go for the 20 and the pension because otherwise you have no useful skills.
>>
Go active, holy shit. Active and join a combat arms MOS, because where else on earth will you ever be able to do what they do? So many people told me to join something sensible like the Air Force as an engineer, but I went army infantry and got to do some insane shit. Afterwards I just got my CDL A and I work as an electrical line worker (which is pretty easy to do with vet status).

The army will give exactly as much as you put into it. Don't join it just as a job, join it to do crazy shit.

The only downside is that peacetime infantry life sucks dick. But with out current president I doubt we'll be in a peacetime environment for long. Go out there and get your fucking tip wet, dude. Join the active infantry and once you finish osut and get to your unit start working towards applying for every school you can- jump school, ranger school, air assault, etc etc. always look for opportunities to learn
>>
>goes on 4chan asking for opinions from soldiers
>>
>>18148356
First post best post.

>>18148271
If you're not sure, then reserve. WWIII is like a moneyshot that the dude is trying to hold onto for as long as possible before he releases; when the release finally comes it will be extra high pressure.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.