[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are soulmates real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1928.jpg (39KB, 460x637px)
IMG_1928.jpg
39KB, 460x637px
Or is that just horny teenagers being dramatic?
>>
>>18147045
Not in the "there's just one person in the world that completes you and is right for you in every way" sense, but there are definitely some people who connect with you on a higher, more meaningful, deeper level.
>>
>>18147045

Pretty much horny teenagers being dramatic. But it's fun to go along with if you want you want to be a romantic.
>>
Pretty much what the first anon said. The part where you're made for each other, not at all. It would be terribly unlikely to run into a singular person like that during a lifetime if you just look at it pragmatically.

But feeling like soulmates, yes, absolutely. And that's not just love goggles. Some people you have a better connection with than others. If you are a really good fit and especially if you also intensively got to know each other, you can have that deep, wordless understanding and feeling of belonging that runs much deeper than even just another romantic relationship.
>>
>>18147045
Yes but not in the way you think. There are a ton of people I'm sure you wpuld "click" with but all relationships are work. You make your soulmate and she makes you because ypur soulmate is the person willingly to work through everything with and for you.
>>
>>18147045

think about this for a minute.

if you're not a religious man why would you have a 'soul' and what force would dictate that it has a 'mate'?

if you are a religious man, does your religious texts say anything about a soul mate? most religions don't believe in romantic love, look at how their marriages are arranged, they were not romantic in any way, they were simply a man taking a wife.

and if you're a historian, look at history, or hell, the people around you. even people who stand by each other don't do so with this never ending bliss of emotional happiness. its a rocky fucking road.

its not different than raising a kid really, its 90% of pain and suffering and only 10% of happiness that you survived so far.
>>
>is santa real?
>or is it just kids believing in magic?

think about it for a second. why would soul mates be real? what belief system to you ascribe to that would say its real?
>>
>>18147045
7billion people on this planet.

You really believe only ONE of them can understand you at suh a deep level? Apply yourself...
>>
File: IMG_2056.jpg (57KB, 640x717px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2056.jpg
57KB, 640x717px
>>18147222
Hopeless romanticism
>>
>>18147234

no reason to ascribe to that, it has no historical backing.
>>
>>18147232

>kill* yourself...

fix'd.
>>
File: IMG_2028.png (18KB, 300x250px)
IMG_2028.png
18KB, 300x250px
>>18147045
I just want to believe someday I'll meet someone who's capable of being my soulmate.
Ya I guess there's a few million people that could be on this globe, but I want to believe I'll meet her.
>>
Do you think souls are real anon? Do you believe we are created a certain way with a purpose or destiny?

I always thought of soulmates as sort of a religious thing rather than a teenager thing. How does someone believes in them without thinking about the above questions?

I'm not entirely sure on my beliefs. But before asking if it's real, you need to figure out what definition people are using when they say "soulmate". One answer I found is some people believe you get many soulmates. And soulmate just means someone you connect with on a deep level who teaches you things about yourself or life. Doesn't mean a relationship or staying together necessarily. Different from what I thought at first, and I understand that use more.
>>
>>18147287

most religions don't preach about romantic love, as most religions didn't give people, especially women, much of a choice in who they married. marriage was like adoption, a man brings in a woman he an fuck and give orders too, and in many cases, like an adoption, the bride was not what we consider a reasonable age.

the first well known instance of something like a 'soul mate' being discussed is in a story written by plato around 350BC (if wikipedia is to be believed) wherein he creates his own myth about why love exists. keep in mind that this myth is not treated the way any of the greek myths were treated.

it related to zues in the way that santa clause relates to christianity.
>>
>>18147045
I believe so. I don't know whether souls exist or any of that metaphysical crap but legitimate monogamous relationships still exist. I'm married and we've been together for 10 years, living together around 6 of those. No relationship is perfect and there are still things we disagree on, but it's not nearly as much as the things we do agree on. We complete each other in a lot of important ways. I think it's just a matter of believing in your relationship and both people making it work. Most importantly the person you're in a relationship with has to be your best friend too, and there has to be a lot of trust.
>>
>>18147052

This,
but I'll tell you something kinda weird.

Met someone with my exact tastes
Born on a day and year that makes both our traditional zodiac and chinese horoscope "ideal matches"
(B-but those are bs right?)
And by chance he found a post i made on an art piece of a couple, years before i met him saying how beautiful it is. I made that post on his birthday.
Rare for me to comment at all.
It's just gotten better in time.
It kinda scares me how perfect we are together.
We're not teenagers and i really had become quite cynnical until i met him. First time I've ever genuinely wanted to marry someone
>>
>>18147045
I think people are taking this "soulmate" concept too literal.

I've definitely met and been in love with women who made me feel like they complimented my personality perfectly.

But guess what, I've lost contact with them, broke up with them (exes), or got friendzones by them, as perfect as I regarded them.
That alone should tell you something.

Human relationships are meant to last. Yes, it's possible to find a special someone you are hyper compatible with. But don't equate love with magic.
>>
>>18147300
Maybe I should rephrase it... Not "religious" but it seems like it would be part of a belief system. Like to believe in soulmates, you'd belief in souls or fate. Some bigger forces at work or something. Something that created the souls that would come together eventually.

That's what I was trying to say anyway. I didn't mean there was a specific religion or multiple religions I thought soulmates came from. The idea, in nature, seems religious to me. Does that make sense?
>>
>>18147326
Fuck my post is a mess.
Human are relationships AREN'T* meant to last. Well, sometimes they do, but they are fragile in nature.

Also, friendzoned*
>>
>>18147330

nah, i totally get it, i didn't mean to dismiss that idea, just to further invalidate the concept as a whole, not against you, but rather for OPs sake.
>>
>>18147045
No,but you might find a worthy partner for a long/sort time
>>
Love's only real the first time, m8.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.