[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I know when a girl is interested in more than just my body?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (26KB, 219x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 219x300px
Im quite an attractive guy and I get a lot of compliments for it. Ive been trying to find someone for a long term relationship but everyone i end up hooking up with is too shallow to appreciate my interests. Since I have a large pool to choose from my problem is now that i want to find someone whos interested in me on more than just a visual basis. I met a girl last night and laid her, i found her really interesting but i have no idea if shes intellectually interested in me, as all she wanted to talk about is how pretty i am. Shes my academic superior too, shes a paid researcher from oxford and im just an undergraduate, so i can never match her intellectually, especially in the areas shes an expert in.

So what do you think i should look out for?
>>
>>18146726
you can start by not responding to the girls that come on to you or spend most of their time inflating your huge ego.
>>
>>18146726
Just get them pregnant on purpose
>>
>>18146736
My ego is justified, and im not trying to not date girls who arent attracted to me, im trying to find out when theyre bored of my personality but just hiding it because they dont want to risk passing up on a really attractive guy.
>>
OP is a RPing virgin.
>>
There might be something you can change about the way you dress and behave. If the picture you used is any indication, there is for sure. Make sure you dress like you want to be perceived, same with the haircut. Also avoid flashy text prints on your shirts. Same with behavior; act spontaneous but not ditzy, amd if this is a reoccuring problem throw in some "difficult words" to see how someone responds, and with more intelligent people, steer the conversation in a somewhat more intelligent direction.
>>
Not easily at all.
Have fun with showing off your well sculpted 12 pack!...oh wait, do you even have a 6 pack that ISN'T sody pop?
>>
>>18146743
>My ego is justified
Christ...
>>
>>18146754
I did modelling, i know for a fact i am attractive
>>
>>18146765
On the Internet all anons are french models.
>>
>>18146748
I dress preppy, and talking more academic doesnt really work when the things youre interested are pretty niche (im doing linguistics, which the general population knows very little about other than its about language).
>>
File: madeline-stuart.jpg (25KB, 360x451px) Image search: [Google]
madeline-stuart.jpg
25KB, 360x451px
>>18146765
Being attractive means fuck all. Look at what it's gotten you! A bunch of vapid bitches that only want you for your body, and that sounds nice for a while, point proven that you're already sick of it.

Lose the fucking ego, no one likes a big headed stereotype. Try being humble.

>implying all models are attractive...
>>
>>18146783
The problem isnt people liking me its connecting with them on an intellectual level. Im looking for the signs that a subject im interested in is seen as more profound than just conversation fluff.
>>
>>18146770

Smarts obviously go beyond academics man... But yeah, judging by how the thread is going, I truly wonder if you're smart enough to simply give your life the little twist it needs.

Good luck, anyway
>>
File: df.png (244KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
df.png
244KB, 650x487px
>>18146787
Precisely, so why the obnoxious ego? You're having just as difficult of a time finding what makes you happy as the basement dwelling neckbeard that has a personality that facilitates deep conversations but still can't find what makes him happy either.

What's so hard about saying: "/adv/ I can't seem to find someone I connect with on a deeper level than how I look and I'm tired of it. How do I go about getting women getting women to see past my exterior and get interested in what I want them to be interested in me, the part of me I actually identify with, my personality, my passions, and my hobbies"

Rather than:

"I can stop laying hot bitches that only want me for my model body. I mean I have such a huge pool to choose from but they only seem to be interested in my Chad like appearance, it's really annoying. Like this last chick, I met her last night, laid her, and I cant fucking believe she didn't connect with my brain in the short amount of time!

Fuck you I don't have a big head, if you knew what I look like you'd understand that my head is the appropriate size!

I was a model btw...."
>>
>>18146807
As i said, my ego is justified but thanks for rephrasing my question however, as that is the crux of what im trying to ask. Regardless of my ego i would like to know how to not be seen as just a dumb blonde. This question is asked all the time by girls but when a guy asks it he has a huge ego and its impossible and hes way over his head. I find that im not even seen as having a brain im just a sexual object and id like to break out of that paradigm.
>>
>>18146746
N-no?
>>
>>18146768
This
>>
>>18146832
You are fucked, no women like your kind because your taste or emotions, you are a chunk of meat to them, you either accept to live like that, or grow a fucking belly.
>>
File: Fat_a27137_68060.jpg (50KB, 385x573px) Image search: [Google]
Fat_a27137_68060.jpg
50KB, 385x573px
>>18146832
>Regardless of my ego i would like to know how to not be seen as just a dumb blonde.

Again, being humble is a start. You're getting answers to your question, problem is you don't like the answers given or you're not understanding them as answers. Try this:

"OMG Anon, you're Adonis body makes me so moist."

"Well thank you, that's very kind. I was curious if you had any input on how free will can co-exist with divine preordination, or why it's illegal to take money from my neighbor to build a library, but when the government does it it's called compassion?"

It's not that fucking hard.

> I find that im not even seen as having a brain...

Again, it's not that hard. If you had one it would come out in conversation eventually and naturally, but it seems as of yet it has failed to do so. Intellectual women are attracted to muscles too, you've spoken to them, and probably laid them, but it didn't show on your end, so they decided not to let it show in theirs.
>>
>my ego is justified
>people don't care about my personnality

From what we know it looks like your personnality is shit so no one is interested in
>>
>>18146726
I run into a similar problem, it's definetly pretty annoying, because I look like this super suàve player/skater pothead, but in reality I'm a /m/ browsing, history loving, super nerd.

I find what helps is just being yourself as simple as it sounds. You will probably repel a lot of people, but I kind of find it better than having to be someone I am not. It's still a WIP so I don't have complete advice rn
>>
>>18146726

when she sticks around.

looks are just the basis to consider dating someone, but if they actually get into a dating pattern its because they actually like you.
>>
>>18146743
>my ego is justified

Fookin kys
>>
>>18146726
Sex is half a relationship. And papers in a frame don't really mean that much. Simmer down.

What matters in a relationship is how you're treated, how she makes you feel, and how good the sex is.
>>
Why do you care? Physical attraction is just another of the plenty of things that people csn be attracted to. How is ppl being attracted to, idk, your sense of humour, your creativity, you charisma etc etc any better?
>>
>>18146726
>long term relationship
Easy. You both have to stick with each other long enough. Meanwhile you talk with them, ask them questions and see how they behave.

Some girls do this by denying sex for guys long enough to see if they are there for more than sex. You can try the same (but maybe it will look like you are gay to the girls).

>>18147598 and this.
>>
>>18147620
Read Descartes.

The conscious mind can be considered distinct as an entity from the body and should be as appreciated as the physical.

Unless you believe that huge girl Kant and embodied cognition theory.
>>
>>18146726
If you are looking for a serious long term relationship with someone you connect with intellectually the first step is to stop looking for that girl through one night stands. Go on actual dates and meet women in class or through friends. If a woman was on here asking why she can't find a husband and says that she fucks a different guy every weekend that she meets at the bar what would you tell her? You sound like you are doing the same thing.
>>
>>18146726
Not OP but I have a similar problem.

Women have always remarked on my appearance but never anything else. My personality always comes across the wrong way, or I just have a shit personality.

So what makes a "good" personality? Obviously people mean something specific when they refer to this, so I'd like to know what it is.
>>
>>18147707
A kind heart and a sharp wit
>>
>>18146726
Jesus, why are you getting so much hate?

Just find a girl who is willing to talk to you about things you are interested in. If they just seem shallow or only interested in your looks, dump them and move on to the next one.

I'm in the unique position of having been ugly and beautiful.
>>
>>18146726
you think its hard to tell now? just wait til you have money, too. thats when the real snakes come out
>>
>>18147716
Too much penis.
>>
>>18146726
Start with not getting physical as soon as you meet. It's the most overdone thing in teen movies, how'd you miss that lesson?! Take it slow, go for coffee, have talks and laughs. No matter how hot you are, people who are just in for a good looking bang aren't going to stick around for a couple weeks of simple outings and talks. Become friends, then fuck.
>>
>>18146743
>My ego is justified
fucking kek
>>
File: 1478054964667.jpg (58KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478054964667.jpg
58KB, 720x720px
>>18146743
>My ego is justified
>>
File: 1485210152688.jpg (43KB, 556x616px) Image search: [Google]
1485210152688.jpg
43KB, 556x616px
>>18146743
>My ego is justified
Haha. Ha. Ha...
>>
>>18146726

OP, just make more male friends, these women will never get past your looks, sorry. It's plenty of guys who have common interest as you do. Make sure the guy you hang out with is funny and knows how to get girls, no matter if he's fat, skinny, short, ugly, or tall, he'd love to have you as a bud. Most importantly though make sure you have same interest.
>>
File: 1486470112082.jpg (10KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
1486470112082.jpg
10KB, 250x245px
>>18146743
>My ego is justified
>>
Jeez op just wear a sweater and dress modestly. Get some glasses or something. As an attractive man you can literally date whoever you want and control the whole thing. Dress like the people you want to meet.

Same shit applies for attractive women that are looking for a guy who doesn't just want them for sex. You idiots realize you literally have control over your appearance right? It's way easier to go from attractive to unattractive than it is unattractive to attractive.
>>
Hey OP, have you tried not fucking bitches right after you meet them? Like going on a date that doesn't end with your dick getting wet?

Maybe you should be a little more forward about your intentions with these girls you're banging all the time.
>>
>>18146726
Stop having sex so quickly and dress down. Change venues to meet women closer to your interests. Recognize that you are only a guy in college and that you probably won't meet real people until after you are done with school.
>>
>>18146726
Have you ever conceived the idea of dating a blind woman?
/thread
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.