[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lacking purpose.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: Paragliding.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Paragliding.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
My life has been plagued by failures, I barely passed high-school, I dropped out of university due to burnout and I worked a manual labor job that pays poorly, but I scrape by.

I decided to do what I wanted and travel for a few months and get my flying license, paying my way through the years, aspiring for a job as an aviator

I decided to go back to university at 26 to improve my education, I find I'm not as sharp as I was back then,
I am the least educated in my family, I drive an old car, I've never had a girlfriend, I can't afford a home. No airline would look at me due to a lack of education and I'm probably too old to train. I lack direction and don't see a bright future ahead of me, but I do have a variety of skills and fulfilling experiences that I am very proud of and made many amazing friends through my travels.

I think I've had a good run. I've decided that I will not live past 30. I submitted my will to become an organ donor, I bought a van for me to live comfortably in for the next 4 or so years so I can get some distance.

I don't feel depressed or sad, I just feel that my best years are behind me and I have no optimism for what lies ahead.

You've been so reliable to me for all these years /adv/
What guidance can you give me? what places can I visit? what other pursuits can I take? Where can I find purpose?

Thank you in advance.
>>
You can always get a welding degree and move to an industrial town over seas. Everyone needs a welder, my man. Conversely, you can get in on the ground floor of crypto and start currency trading. Additionally, visit lainchan for an entire board about mobile life in a van. You can make things pretty comfy.

The biggest question is this, tho: what do you desire? What is it that you want to do? Don't think about what your family or society wants. What do you want?
>>
Also, an idea: small prop plane mechanic. Technical school, focused, pays well, and you can work your way up being a small plane pilot. You can deliver shit in Alaska to remote towns, if you like.
>>
>My life has been plagued by failures

good
that means you have been trying things
continue failing till you eventually find something interesting enough for you to put your best effort into it, and succeed

you dont have an issue, your future is actually bright, you are full of experiences
you never know what were your best years till your last

stop with this stupid everyone must be millionaire by 30 with a dumb bimbo living in a mansion
just stop

make sure you dont become homeless and continue your journey through life
>>
File: rebreather videography.jpg (27KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
rebreather videography.jpg
27KB, 500x281px
>>18146603
>Conversely, you can get in on the ground floor of crypto and start currency trading

I'm very curious about this, keen to make additional cash on the side. do you have any links or books you can recommend?

I was just having a quick browse through Lainchan, thanks for the link i'll suss it out.

>>18146603
>The biggest question is this, tho: what do you desire?

I've discovered in my early/mid-20's that I'm very much motivated by adventure. In retrospect I think it was something I've kept suppressed as a child and teenager in favor of the pressures of academic success then climbing the career ladder and making money like what my family told me all those years ago. Then hoping you find happiness in the little spare time you have.

Speaking of which.
>18146608
>a small plane pilot. You can deliver shit in Alaska to remote towns, if you like.

This was actually my original "retirement" plan, was to do this in BC and Yukon live in a small place and deliver mail/supplies by bush-plane, I already have the hours and maybe 1-2 ratings. I'll see if I can network with someone.
>>
File: rEVO.jpg (23KB, 479x480px) Image search: [Google]
rEVO.jpg
23KB, 479x480px
>>18146609

I wish I can agree, in fact I find that most of my experiences are more wide and varied than my family + cousins. They typically bitch about corporate shit during gatherings.

My nephews and nieces see me as an 'adventurous' uncle, always gathering around for stories when Christmas comes along, often they bring me a token of a place they'd visit, like in camp or something to show that they're out somewhere new "just like you".

Especially my eldest nephew who wants to learn to be a mountaineer (bless his soul, he's been saving up his allowance to pay for climbing lessons and to get his scuba certificate)

He wants to go with me to the Himalayas once he turns 17. I put him in rock climbing lessons last Christmas in exchange that he gets good grades. I sometimes feel as if I conned him into it, much like how I was motivated to excel in something I didn't like, to be able to do something I'd like. Because your parents knew best.
Ultimately, Year 9 maths wont make you a good climber. but it pleases his mother, I guess.

I wish they don't look up to me, sometimes I wonder if they knew that I'm the litmus test of failure in the family.

> Oh anon still works at that factory/driving trucks/digging holes/operating machinery.
/Change topic
> Oh, anonette travels from country to country as a chartered accountant, she recently got a promotion.
> When is anon settling down?
> Anon is almost 30 and doesn't have a career yet? why?

I'm always compared either to younger talent or older success.

I appreciate your encouragement anon, but I am just too out of place.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.