[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting better after kind of destroying your life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: nihlism.jpg (52KB, 656x494px) Image search: [Google]
nihlism.jpg
52KB, 656x494px
How do you achieve having willpower through ideals ?
If you are a person who is very active and never let something be undone, how would you describe your mindset / ideals ?
Can you go from being a giant anxiety machine to someone who confronts things and go out ?

I ended up fucking my life and I thing I'm at the end of my purge cycle, after being conviced that I wouldn't survive one more month and planning to kill myself I had some really bad family news and realised all this hate inside could shape my intentions and make me wanna fight. So I ended up slowly building the will to get out this fucking hole and fight instead of flight. I'm reprogramming myself.
I still have horrible feelings sometimes, and I can't get them out.
>>
>>18145784

I suppose yeah, what do you want to do? be more specific.
>>
>>18145793
>>18145793
To make it short I want to want to have the necessary mindset to stop being shut down by anxiety in my daily life.
I mean I stopped doing everything.
I had extroardinary opportunities for music, work, studies, and I could have been so fuckin great right now if that wasn't for these feelings in my head keeping me in bed.
Just writing that makes me feel extremely guilty as some opportunities were really big but I had not enought love for life to pursue them.
I might have had some traumatic events that got me into this mindset.
>>
I wrote down some instructions to endlessly repeat:
Drive a hot barge.
If you feel bad, act, if you're afraid, act.
Confront your mediocrity, rejection can only push you higher.
Transform this self destruction into willpower.
>>
>>18145806

Have you gone through the help of a professional? Perhaps a psychologist, psychiatrist?
>>
>>18145879
No, and I'm dead broke as of right now, but i'm fund of reading and psychology is my favourite subject, I try to be my own psychiatrist, I have a lot of friends who went to a pro and ended up wasting their money.
My father took a lot of medication for his depression and he never really felt better.
I know the power of having a molecule making you feel life again by acting on the dopamine receptors, in fact I already took a lot of drugs that act the same way as these medications (according to my friend who's doing research in the medical field). But I found out I can feel the same with things like meditation and mindfullness so I try my way for the moment.
I think I can have some good results by myself, but I'm still open to see a professional in case I keep going down, but I think I'm at the beginning of a good dynamic, I already built some solid motivation.
>>
>>18145784
>Can you go from being a giant anxiety machine to someone who confronts things and go out ?
meditate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLjelIPg3ys
>>
>>18145905
Wew.
Like I said here: >>18145896
>I found out I can feel the same with things like meditation and mindfullness so I try my way for the moment.
It's funny how many people got out of a bad mindset with meditation.
I still can't realise why I felt so good after only 15min of meditation. For a brief moment, it made me really excited about small things like closing a window and look at my cosy room. I even found back my will to eat good things.
>>
>>18145925

I have no experience with any of the things you mention and I doubt anybody does (since nobody is in any way or form the same as you and, even though somebody could be on a similar situation, its just not enough), so asking for advice here of all places is kind of bad.

People here are quick to give advice, some others love it (met 2 or 3 people that had no experience whatsoever on any of the things they said and did it here and in chats for like 10 hours a day). This is a huge problem. They are giving you regurgitated questionable ideas and they will sell them to you using weird (perhaps aggressive, perhaps feel good, perhaps neutral) rhetoric.

I guess you should pick one thing and stick with it, journaling, meditation, whatever. Seek friends, family, God? I don't think none of the things you say will be fixed (or get close to being fix) by talking about them with people on the internet.

It never did for me at least. Perhaps it will do it for you?
>>
File: pepe_comfy.png (2MB, 802x802px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_comfy.png
2MB, 802x802px
>>18145980
Op here
Thank you for your comment, it's usefull.
Nothing is absolute when it comes to a brain imo. So whatever you're talking to yourself, your cat, someone on the internet, your friends, it's just about repeating good ideas and letting thoughts be made to start new dynamics.
Not believing an idea is a thing, not acknowledging tendencies is another.
I hope it's one more step on the way to recovery and I really feel I get better each time I force myself to be positive.
Protip: How to be positive when you feel like shit ? Aknowledge the fact that you're a poor shit like Pepe and accept that whatever might happen you can't go down if you're already at the bottom and made it your confort zone.
Works like a charm in public places like clubs. In fact the second I told myself that and started smiling some qt started hitting on me like never, and then another told me I was looking extremely relaxed and said that was a compliment.
What a fucked up world.
>>
>>18146016
PS: Of course I spilled my spaghettis on both grills and ran away (I had to run away like 3 times because one would always find me and come to me).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.