[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i just lost 300$ while gambling. I was at a worse point a year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: money3.jpg (220KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
money3.jpg
220KB, 1200x798px
i just lost 300$ while gambling. I was at a worse point a year ago, where i lost 2000 in 5 months, but after I realized that and had almost no money at all I felt disgusted about the thought of putting in any more.

As you can see i started again a month ago. I have the same feeling of being horrified about the speed in which i gamble away the money, but now i know that this feeling is gonna go away eventually like last time.

How do i keep myself from doing it again?
>>
Ask whatever establishment you gamble at to ban you from entering
>>
>>18145377
its online though. I think I would rather just not want it, thinks like this can be bypassed, I know myself that well
>>
someone else?
>>
>>18145353

Do you want your money back or to stop gambling?
>>
Gambling is an addiction and like with all addictions it has a support group. You could join Gamblers anonymous.
>>
Git gud
>>
>>18146480
of course i would like to have it back, but I think everything I earn back would be money on top of the 300$ if i earned it without gambling before. If you know what i mean by that

>>18146486
I can't pay for stuff like that right now, and I think I feel too embarrassed
>>
>>18147374
download and install Gamblock. get a grip on this now before you end up like me and spend at least £2000 a year gambling online.
>>
>>18146622
You don't git gud, the house always wins.
>>
>>18147432
have you given up alltogether?
>>
>>18147374
You don't have to pay for gamblers anonymous. Its just a bunch of people who have a gambling problem helping each other quit.
>>
testes
>>
just call your ISP and have them block the URL
>>
>>18147374
>of course i would like to have it back, but I think everything I earn back would be money on top of the 300$ if i earned it without gambling before. If you know what i mean by that

I know what you're saying, it's gamblers falacy, just look at the martingale bet on roulette and then look at your credit card limit and you'll quickly understand how fucking stupid it is every time you sit down at the table, every time the shoe's shuffled. And with poker it's equal sum... if you can play perfectly, or at least as well as the other players... except for the rake. Which at 5% make's it much worse than roulette for losing players. Particularly people who sit down at the table having not read at least a few books on the game, they will lose 100% of the time.

I'd say learn poker, but that's awful advice to someone with a gambling addiction.

Freeroll your first $2 in freeroll tourneys and turn that into $10 through 10c tourneys to make $10 and turn that into $100 and you'll see what your up against. Beating the rake is hard enough.

But if you learn how to beat 2NL in a year from NOTHING that would be an actual achievement. I have read about gamblers anonymous and places where many don't understand poker just because it's not for them. Realistically from nothing It could take you a year to get there and win $50 and you'd be doing better than MOST PLAYERS.

Only then you'll see how much of a fucking mug those people who pour there benefits and wages into roulette machines are. They've got their heads wired backwards.

Worst thing that can happen is play poker bankrolled correctly from freerolls and refuse to ever deposit. That sort of discipline will allow you to 'gamble' for free for the rest of your life. Not every poker player is a 21 year old whiz kid. There's the 50 year old men at the local bars who can't play for shit but win regularly because they choose only to sit down against complete drunken mugs.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.