[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is objectively better? Blue collar work or white collar work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: blue-vs-white-collar.jpg (72KB, 788x502px) Image search: [Google]
blue-vs-white-collar.jpg
72KB, 788x502px
What is objectively better? Blue collar work or white collar work?
>>
depends on what you're interested in.
>>
As a blue collar worker I advocate not doing this shit. It takes years off your life, drains you physically and doesn't challenge you mentally. You're also a wages lave, although with a decent wage.
>>
>>18145257
Uh... white collar, obviously? You make a lot more money, it won't physically cripple you, and people will give you more respect.

And yeah I get it, "white collar you sit at a desk all day", but you're not exactly trekking the Annapurna Circuit or skipping through the meadows with blue collar work. It's more likely to be outdoors but it'll still be dull and uncomfortable.

Not shit talking anyone who has a blue collar job, it's just my dad had one and told me to bust my ass to avoid that grunt work.
>>
>>18145257
Study and take part time job on hoolidays so you can try both.

When i was caschier at shop, i would come home physically tired, the job was super boring at start until i learned few psychological tricks so the time flew faster, but once it was over my head was super clear (like meditation meme) so i charged into videogames / talking / reading whatsoever.

As a software engineer the time is: go in, hmm, oh it is dinner already? Hmm, boring meating, go home. But once you are home your head is super heavy and you need to take a break. So i discovered that i had to walk home by foot (1 hour) so it got better.

Study now, you can do manual work anytime. Also the wage is usually better.
>>
>>18145272
What do you do?

>>18145290
What if the white collar job is something where you don't get any respect? In my case, web developer. Literally bottom of the pile and everybody shits on you.

Glad to hear your thoughts though since you say your dad did blue collar stuff, what did he do?
>>
>>18145295
>When i was caschier at shop, i would come home physically tired, the job was super boring at start until i learned few psychological tricks so the time flew faster, but once it was over my head was super clear (like meditation meme) so i charged into videogames / talking / reading whatsoever.
>As a software engineer the time is: go in, hmm, oh it is dinner already? Hmm, boring meating, go home. But once you are home your head is super heavy and you need to take a break. So i discovered that i had to walk home by foot (1 hour) so it got better.

I also used to work in a shop, and I worked as a web developer. I had a much better experience of the shop. But to be honest there were particular things about this web developer job that pissed me off (people there that I didn't get on with), so maybe I am letting that colour my whole opinion of desk jobs, and maybe I should just go back and get another desk job, and trust myself that white collar stuff is better.

I dunno though, I love doing physical stuff. Working in an office is like a fucking prison.
>>
>>18145272
This is true, but having worked in both environments, I'd prefer working hard and being exhausted to sitting at a desk doing mind-numbing shit while getting fat and soft.

I miss my HVAC days, working in a crawl space all day, getting home sweaty and itchy from all the fiberglass, taking a shower and getting a couple drinks at the bar to relax afterwards.

My current job is sitting at my desk doing BS, lurking whenever I can get away with it, drinking multiple cups of unnecessary coffee every day, and feeling just as exhausted afterwards, but mentally instead of physically.
>>
>>18145272
This. Only do it if you're desperate or stupid.
>>
>>18145320
>i love doing physical stuff
There your answer. Both options have advantages, only know what is better for you.
>>
>>18145257
Not being a nigger.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.