[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with sadness and pain in short term?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (257KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
257KB, 640x635px
Feeling like shit right now, I'm not going to get into detail but long story short I tend to obsess over girls easily and I just got basically rejected by my 'oneitis', who I believed to be attracted to me as well. I am aware rejection is part of life and it is inevitable that I will have to face it many times sooner or later, and I'm aware that time heals all wounds and that soon I'll be be back to normal, living a peaceful, decent life, fucking around with friends and indulging in my hobbies. It doesn't make this any less painful to deal with, right now in the present time though. My mind comprehends that all of this is insignificant in the grand scheme of things and that there's no reason to feel the way I do because of one absolutely average girl among millions of others. But I'm a very emotional person, and my heart isn't as smart as my mind. How do I make the pain more bearable short term? Worth noting I will have a very busy week so I can't really spend a day or two locked in my room watching anime and jacking off to distract myself from my feelings.
>>
Do a dramatic reading of what you just wrote and play it back to yourself.
>>
>>18144808

kek
>>
>>18144808
Fucking this this this lol
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 497x497px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 497x497px
>>18144808
>>18144823
>>18144852

kek fuck off, I started venting and got a bit carried away, dont bully
>>
File: 1451947404751.gif (983KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1451947404751.gif
983KB, 500x364px
>>18144808
>>
File: 1489432563111.jpg (23KB, 349x356px) Image search: [Google]
1489432563111.jpg
23KB, 349x356px
>>18144808
Someone needs to make a song out of OP's post
>>
>>18144663
Memes aside I'm exactly like you with feelings. I deal with disappointment and sadness really poorly.

Isn't your busy week a good way to distract yourself? I feel like when I'm alone with my thoughts at home, the sadder I get when I think about what could've been.

Try to listen to music for example and try to avoid thinking about her, there isn't a simple magic trick to make the sadness go away. I've been there more times that I can count, sometimes I have even cried by myself because that relieves the pain for me.
>>
>>18145005
Thanks for offering actual advice lmao

Busy week in the sense that I have exams to study for, so I can't really waste my time on useless things. I want to avoid music because music reminds me of her. You're right though, there isn't any shortcut I just need to knuckle up and brute force my way through this shit. I wish I could cry, for some reason I never cried even as a kid, must feel pretty liberating I guess.
>>
>>18144663
Be honest in your head when you think about her. Distract yourself, you need to give your heart time to heal on it's own. Talking about everything with someone you know or anonymously can help.

If you like music, listen to music.
If you like games, play some games.
If you like walking in the forest and poking snails, do that.
You can not skip the amount of time that is needed.
>>
File: download.png (6KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6KB, 234x216px
I know this feel lad. Guided meditation and countryside walks always numbs my heartache. Stay strong lad, it gets better.
>>
>>18145022
>Be honest in your head when you think about her
I'll try, this seems like great advice thanks anon

>>18145027
Thanks for the kind words anon, much appreciated
>>
>>18145067

No worries man. I too got rejected by oneitis about 4 years ago, even after she confessed to liking me, I simply took too long and came across as timid and unassertive. I can honestly say in retrospect, ignoring the pain and gnawing regret, that it was a good thing it happened because it forced me to take a look at myself and work on my faults.
>>
>>18145124
That sucks. It's even worse than my situation because you only have yourself to blame for not getting the girl, the regret must have been horrible to deal with. I can't even begin to imagine

I found out indirectly. Basically she told a mutual friend, with whom I'm very close, something along the lines of "there was someone who showed all signs of being in love with her, but that she didn't want anything to happen between herself and that person". When this mutual friend asked her if that person was me she went all "No not at all, why do you think it's him?". It's more than clear that she was referring to me, though. And lately I've been noticing she's been kind of avoiding me and giving me the cold shoulder, which lends even more credibility to this. I've kind of given up on her but I still have a tiny, millimetric bit of hope that she may be attracted to me, or will be in the future.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.