[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I often just read these posts and try to relate to myself. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: kermit.jpg (6KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
6KB, 267x200px
I often just read these posts and try to relate to myself. I see people who are feeling suicidal but don't because they have things that keep them tied to the living

I just realized I don't. I have no friends and was never close to my family. I have nothing going on in my life and it wont change.

The only thing that seems to be keeping me here is that I don't want to end it all by myself. A dilemma of sorts.

What am I supposed to do, don't give me that "improve yourself, stop being lazy, the world is your oyster" crap. I just
>>
i just too anon. i just too.
>>
>>18144347
Pay someone to kill you.
>>
>>18144347
How do you know these things? Based on what? Your feelings?

Go sit by a river for two hours and watch it go by you.
>>
>>18144347
There is no help here. We just go round and round in circles here.
>>
>>18144431
I just lost all hope. I had tons of, it was sort of my thing, but it's just gone

I went for a 2 hour walk in the middle of nowhere till it got dark, all it did was make me relaxed and push me towards the fact that there's nothing for me
>>
just play video games like the rest of us.
>>
>>18144456
Video games are not an escape for me, just a distraction from all the bad thoughts which are waiting for you while you play
>>
>>18144448
Why do you think there is something for you? There is no disappointment without expectation. Don't accept the first understanding you have when you feel something, keep investigating it. Where does it come from? Why does it seem painful instead of liberating? Meditation helped me with these questions. Not to find a purpose, or to be happy, or anything, but to understand.
>>
>>18144347

>gimme advice
>but not the advice you're supposed to give, invent some new advice just for me

no
>>
>>18144468
If there's no purpose, then why keep going on?

What's the point of being an empty living shell

>>18144470
>but not the advice you're supposed to give, invent some new advice just for me
Well, obviously, if the advice you're supposed to give doesn't work or fit at all

That advice makes sense only if you still have high hopes, an advice you'd give to someone who is just bored and has no gf
>>
>>18144486

>doesn't work

the advice is comomn because it does work. the problem isn'tt he advice or the people giving it, its you, and if you want more indepth advice you need to give more indepth details. we cant pick apart your life and build it back up without knowing anything about you.

>any advice you'd give to someoen who is just bored and has no gf

go have fun and stop acting like a gf will change your life. their people not appliances.
>>
>>18144486
the point is to resolve these questions. if you don't know why, but still feel like you should, maybe your question is wrong, or your answer. how do you decide you are an empty shell? compared to what? you're trying to justify something to yourself here without actually having a good reason.
>>
>>18144347
education job status
hobbies
and reason why you have no friends

and i will tell you how much crybaby you are :-D
>>
>>18144613
Do me first:

27/m
2.2 maths degree/stacking shelves
Does vidya count?
Nobody in my social strata of introverted geeks.
>>
>>18144613
>gimme your personal info so I can shitpost at you more effectively

If OP is dumb enough to fall for it he's not worth saving.

PROTIP: 4/adv/ is the worst possible board for advice on any *chan. It's filled with scheming /b/tards who try to steal your personal info or give you bad advice intentionally because the mental thought of your failure is worth the price of admission.
>>
>>18144647
This is the first time I have been accused of being /b/tard. Yes i have been there few times, but it is not for me.

>>18144645
Do i get it right you are stacking goods in supermarket with uni degree in math? Are you even trying?

>introverted geeks
So you are in uni, going to classes with the best material for life long friends and you havent bothered to get to know them? What?

And what exactly is your problem?
>>
>>18144670
Finished uni in 2011

Been stacking shelves for 3 years now.
>>
>>18144670
So with that extra tidbit of info, what have you got for me?
>>
>>18144500
>how do you decide you are an empty shell? compared to what? you're trying to justify something to yourself here without actually having a good reason.

This.
>>
i'm in the same boat, op. haven't had any friends in years, never had any "real" friends, my coworkers dislike me and my family resents me.

there's nothing keeping me here aside from the fact that when i do kill myself i know that no one's really going to be that sad. they may even feel relieved.

so my conclusion is to live a bitter, selfish life that caters only to me and shit on everyone else whenever i get the chance. use your life to stab into the lives of others.
>>
I have a similar problem, but it's complicated a little more by the fact I'm agoraphobic - to the point where leaving the house (I live with my mother currently, sometimes I visit my father) gives me major anxiety, sometimes to the point of feeling sick or getting pains in my head/stomach. Recently I managed to see a doctor but I wasn't able to properly talk about it - he offered to give me antidepressants to help with the depression and anxiety problems, but I declined as I've known those to make others in my family worse; he also gave me the number of a therapy/counselling group for those suffering with anxiety and depression, yet rather ironically you can only book with them over the phone (something that makes me incredibly anxious).

Also, I don't have any friends, and haven't had any in around 5 years. I'm a shut-in NEET loser who fucked up badly in highschool (I'm 20 currently) and don't have anyone to turn to or even simply talk to - an old friend from highschool messaged me friday, said they'd message me back sunday (since they were busy with work) to make arrangements to meet me...but they never did.

Tl;DR
>no friends agoraphobic NEET, how do I sort myself out and (re)gain some friends?
>>
Bop
>>
>>18146640
Delete this thread please. No amount of wisdom can salvage this!
>>
>>18146643
>wisdom

Pfft.

/adv/ is basically Wizard from Taxi Driver, they have no real useable advice aside from that vague broad advice that Wizard gives when Travis tries to reach out for help one last time before he goes on a shooting spree.
>>
>>18144444
nice quad-quints
>>
>>18146694
They are quints of ultimate truth.

The only advisable course of action that minimises the distress caused by being socially isolated/retarded is to get a menial job that isn't too taxing, then start a collecting hobby that will occupy a decent amount of time. I myself have started a gaming collection of a certain system of which I am edging closer and closer to completion but probably never will, in the same way Achilles will never beat the tortoise. It's an ultimately fruitless endeavour even if you do complete it but it's really for speeding up the passage of time and to avoid thinking about your current situation. Also when you go about collecting occasionally you'll run into normies, usually fucking hipsters, who for some reason are impressed by your dedication and/or collection. Savour that crumb of acceptance but DON'T get addicted to it. Acknowlegde their interest but don't give them much satisfaction.

If all goes well, you'll die a busy man. Not happy mind you, just someone who was too busy to acknowledge his depression.

A tip I learnt from Dr Steve Brule:
>Go to bed early you doofus. Cos when you're sleeping there's no lonely times, just dreams.

I guarentee no one here will give better advice than this.
>>
>>18144347
You were birthed onto a tiny rock in a vast space. Look at the night sky and imagine how big it is. Appreciate life, ya bum. Once you die, that's it. Stars will die and the universe will collapse or whatever the fuck, another universe will be birthed but you will never return into this circle. Ya got this and nothing else. If you want to do an inventory check, you'll realize that you have joy in this life (though perhaps hard to acquire, you have it), and you have nought in whatever was before you were born.

I don't know how much you've thought this through, but if you really took to thinking about what existence is, you'd be pretty scared away from it. It takes a blind person to willingly walk off a cliff, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>18147224
>fucker who is scared of death

Death is a blessing for both athiests and theists.
>>
File: badass.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
badass.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>18147249
Kill yourself; your blessing will come sooner.
>>
>>18147224
That's stupid, you can't compare existing to not existing. It's also pretty debatable whether living like there's no tomorrow is a good idea or not.
>>
>>18147293
I didn't say "live like there's no tomorrow". I said "fear death and do what you want with the time you got". Shortening that time seems like an idea that isn't very well thought-through to me. In the end, it's your life. And yeah, I know I can't compare existing to not existing but they are, traditionally, contrasts.

I sort of see death a bit like sleeping. You don't know that you're asleep when you're sleeping (inb4 moody teen wants to oppose me on every point). Just imagine sleeping and never waking up. The time that you don't experience is how I view death. And the lack of complete awareness for eternity scares the living hell out of me. I know it's just a thought, but it sure as hell holds more ground, to me, than "heaven" or any other bs I've heard.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.