[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to know you're the apple of his eye?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1489483855540.jpg (47KB, 640x775px) Image search: [Google]
1489483855540.jpg
47KB, 640x775px
So my bf and I have been dating for about 3 years now and I'm worried we'll never end up together long term(marriage). He was engaged once before so I assume he must've really loved that girl he was going to marry. I've heard that men only fall in love once and the rest of the woman he goes with are just toys.
So my question for anons is how do you know the man you love wants to marry you, be with you for the rest of his life?
>>
That fact he was engaged before IS a red flag, however your superstition about men only being able to love one person is retarded and simply untrue.

If he's had his heart broken before its likely he won't put himself in a position for it to be broken again.
You may have to take initiative and propose.
>>
I'm 28, and i fell in love with a girl at 23. For various reasons we went separate ways when I was 27. I never want to be together with her again, but there's still some lingering, small feeling. I met a new girl at around the point i turned 28. I love her. You can never replace someone, but you can love someone else and want to be with them.

So you are not his first love. You just have to accept that. That doesn't mean he sees you as a toy though.
>>
>>18144175
Okay, I didn't believe it 110% but thanks for clearing up the paranoia. I've thought about proposing myself but I'd prefer it the other way around.

>>18144180
I don't want to be his very first love, I just want to know it's genuine.

I meant what flags can I look for to see that he wants me in his life forever.
>>
>>18144161

>I've heard that men only fall in love once and the rest of the woman he goes with are just toys.
Where the hell are you getting this from? Men are people too, not some entirely different species. They love, they have loss, and they can find love again. My guy was previously engaged to a friend of mine, but she shat all over his feelings by doing some downright awful things. They split, time passed, and then I dove in. I've been with him for many years now and he tells me how happy he is to be with me, saying he had no idea what he was thinking with the ex.

>So my question for anons is how do you know the man you love wants to marry you
Have you talked to him about marriage?

>be with you for the rest of his life?
Have you talked to him about long-term partnership?
>>
>>18144190
>I meant what flags can I look for to see that he wants me in his life forever.
Does he go out of his way to do things for you, big or small? Does he respect you? Does he make time for you?
>>
>>18144204
We've talked a little bit about it..more so about kids and how we don't want them.

>>18144207
Yes, he does a lot for me.
In terms of respect, I'll have to ask a question with some background info.
>be us two nights ago, drinking some hard liquor
>he tends to drink too much, so i warn him(not aggressively mind you) to be careful because it's a strong drink
>he gets defensive and says he's just sipping
>feel bad because i should trust him, decide to trust him
>i go to sleep cause work, he has off so he stays
>wake up at 2 am, gotta move him to the side of the bed cause no room
>feel wet blankets, wet sheets, his pants are wet, my pants are a little wet
>nigga wet the bed wtf.jpeg

this isn't the first time he's done this,and I always have to change the sheets and blankets because he's too messed up to do...well anything. So I don't know if he respects me enough to listen to me when I tell him something like the above.

He does make time for me but we also live together so we see each other all the time.
>>
>>18144218
pissing the bed is a red flag
>>
>>18144218
That may be less about lack of respect and more about a bigger problem. Does this happen often? Are there any alcoholics in his family? How did he react when you told him about it? He may have thought it was okay since he had the day off and was going to be alone anyway. But if this is a regular occurrence, I'd be wary.
>>
>>18144338
Thanks for the response. His father was an alcoholic, and his reaction was mostly shame, I can tell he was embarrassed. It's happened more than a couple of times.
Someone please give me some advice on this.
>>
>>18144345
All you can do is try to encourage him to get help. From there, he either will or he won't. If he refuses to address the problem, then you'll have to question whether or not this is the relationship for you.
>>
Have you ever had the anal sex? That would explain his lack of commitment
>>
>>18144360
I was just thinking it over in my head on how I would tell him. My first step is to stop drinking too,I also smoke weed so I plan on giving that up to in case he tries to drag that into this. He doesn't get plastered every single time we drink but when he's feeling down he'll drink to cope. I'm not judging him because I do the same thing with weed at times. But he's putting himself in danger and I'm really worried about him. I don't wanna leave him because I love him and I feel like that would only make his drinking worse..
>>
>>18144417
Yeah, sometimes people have to quit cold turkey and find a healthier way to cope. You supporting him in that way sounds fantastic though.
>>
>>18144420
Thank you so much for your advice. I hope karma brings your life great things.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.