[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Little brother is in 10th grade >Still not trying in school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1489944737625.png (41KB, 840x838px) Image search: [Google]
1489944737625.png
41KB, 840x838px
>Little brother is in 10th grade
>Still not trying in school
He's on the fast track to winding up at a community college.

I'm 18 in 12th grade and I never did as poorly as he is right now. We have a terrible relationship to say the least. I recognize are all these things are my fault on some level.

Is there anything I should do?
Is there anything I CAN do?

He's beyond the age of listening to me but I don't wanna deal with some deadbeat brother 10 years from now.
>>
Fuck you. Community College= deadbeat? You're in for a big fucking slap in the face in the real world, the school or education level you get will have little to do with your quality of life in 10 years, especially if you're drowning in debt. How about this - you mind your business and he'll mind his. My brother never even graduated high school, he's 22 now and owns his own condo, 2 cars and a business.
>>
File: 716900.jpg (72KB, 1500x732px) Image search: [Google]
716900.jpg
72KB, 1500x732px
>>18144137
>Community College= deadbeat?
I'm from the kind of family where you go to college
>Especially if you're drowning in debt.
I'm from the kind of family that can pay for college

You don't get it man. This kid has been given EVERYTHING. We both have. He's got two great parents who show him way too much patience even as they vent to me about him. And he's pissing it away and indicating he has no plans to change. That's deadbeat behavior if i've ever seen it
>>
>>18144449
Sometimes you need to actually experience consequences in order to grow up and change.
>>
>>18144449
>I'm from the kind of family where you go to college

Sounds awful. Instead of making your own life choices, you have to validate yourself by going to 4 MORE years of school.

Ever consider he could end up being more successful than you, anon? Education doesn't mean shit anymore, it's about who you know.
>>
File: 1421892724008.jpg (6KB, 125x110px) Image search: [Google]
1421892724008.jpg
6KB, 125x110px
>>18144137
LOL so what if he goes to CC?
Dude as long as he does well and transfers into a good 4 year school, everything will be fine.

Do you really think it will look bad on his resume? No one gives a shit where you took your basic classes. My friends and I all went to CC and now we are all doing very well in life.
>>
>>18144482
Sorry I forgot this board was full of neet brainlet dropouts lol
>>
>>18144137
cc would actually be fine. what makes you think he'll even get that far, though, lmao
>>
>>18144514
Gauging success by education is beyond pathetic. Then again I'm sure you've been convinced you need college to succeed, seeing as you live in a fairy tale.

Just remember, the guy that knows the boss and has barely experience is going to get the job over the college boy with a degree.
>>
>>18144137
As an older brother myself I can relate. What does your brother enjoy doing? Hes got to find true motivation to change. People telling him his life will come to shit wont help at all.
>>
>>18144501
>Dude as long as he does well
That is the problem, he's quit everything that proved remotely difficult in his life

>>18144472
is a really good answer, largely because it dosen't require me to do anything

Thanks adv also eat shit
>>
File: 1489858207042.png (12KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1489858207042.png
12KB, 420x420px
>>18144534
How is a potmunching failure supposed to "know the boss"? How does he have a better chance of "knowing the boss" than someone who spent 4 years at a respectable institution?
>>
>>18144542
Stay humble dude, I'm sure people will want to hire you when you have a degree AND you're an arrogant asshole.

jk they won't lol
>>
>>18144542
CC is very easy though.
Is he that much of a fuck up?

Also a lot of CC offer certificates, so even if doesn't want to get an actual degree he can just get a cert. I know it's not much, but it might open up some doors for him.
>>
>>18144137
Owen, is that you?
>>
>>18144553
Yes
>>
>>18144547
Hope your connections land you the best workstation in the factory, and one whole day off a week
>>
>>18144557
Are you memeing or serious?
>>
>>18144566
I am owen
>>
>>18144566
I am serious. My name is Owen. The only question is who are you?
>>
>>18144570
If you're serious, then hi. It's Bill
>>
>>18144573
Wait, but i'm Bill
>>
>>18144546
It's called networking, going to places, meeting people, meeting people above them.

It's quite simple, goy. What you do is find the industry or whatever you want to be in, you then network and talk to the people in said industry. Emails, walking in, even a simple phone call. If you can get a conversation with someone with actual power, just listen to what they say, ask them how they got to where they are, show you really care, and sweet talk them. Get on their good side, charm them.

If you can't do that, move on to the next company, and just keep doing this until you can get in good with the boss. I've done it MANY times, and so can you! I'll give you a secret of the pros as well, when you have a degree, a lot of these companies don't want to hire you because they know you will want more money!

When you network and talk to these people, you're not trying to get a job, you're trying to learn how ACTUAL success is made, not what some faggot professor preaches about, even though he's never done jack shit in his life that relates to what he teaches. I'll tell you this, I talked to a professor who specifically liked to go in to about building businesses, and he had never done it himself. He just learned about it, then became a teacher, and now teaches shit he doesn't know. I then went to the business owner that now has a chain and is making millions after 5 years, and he told me how that shit actually works.

But keep listening to your professors, goy, they know best!
>>18144563
I'm making 600 for 4 hours of work a day at 21 (not labor either), didn't go to school what so ever. What's my secret? Going out and meeting people in the profession I know I can succeed in.
>>
>>18144574
Oshit.
>>
>>18144575
How old are you and what do you for work?
>>
>>18144585
21, Real estate notary.

I go and talk to people for an hour and get paid 150-200 dollars.

I can turn around and invest the money and by 25 retire with 300k in the bank. Oh wait I'm sorry, I'm just a filthy pleb because I didn't go to college, right?
>>
>>18144575
600 in 4 hours? That's alot of dicks to suck! You're like a machine, anon!
>>
>>18144590
Even if that was true, you're still an uneducated retard living in shitsville who missed the best years and opportunities of his life for money

Good thing you racked up that real-life high score, though :^)
>>
>>18144591
Not him, but just by reading your post I can tell that you never learned how to socialize. Lol it must suck being an aspie fuck.
>>
>>18144603
>Not him
Sure mate
>>
>>18144602
Yeah living in a condo in Denver at 21, working 20 hours a week, making bank is totally awful, all those missed opportunities, right?

Stay jelly I'm successful and you've made nothing of your life. You'll be 40 by the time you are at the status I'm at, enjoy wasting your life working for mr goldberg.
>>
>>18144606
This is why every board needs IDs
>>
>>18144608
Well that's you Mr. Biz. The topic of this thread is my brother, who's a pothead that got arrested for stealing an xbox, and who I don't want to bail out of jail in my lifetime.
Tell me, what should HE do?
>>
Totally understand what you are feeling. I guess we are from similar families. I don't think you should be responsible for what your brother does, your parents should. Any chances that they are not educating him properly? In my opinion as long as your brother knows what's right and wrong and learns important skills that will benefit him for the rest of his life, grades just don't matter. If he is in a loving family and has good parents, he will figure out someday.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.