[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am tired of living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: ..jpg (63KB, 582x720px) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
63KB, 582x720px
What if I am not extremely depressed, have no extreme psychological issues or anything but I am just tired of living?

The only issue I have is social anxiety. I never really had any friends, never had sex (I am 20), I live alone and don't do anything all day long. I am not interested in anything. Taking walks is boring, I hate the city because it's too crowded, video games are shit, books are tiring, people scare me. I am not interested in any career path whatsoever, I am just TIRED. I am bored by everything and I don't hate life but I have no genuine interest in it. I am interested in death. I want to know what it is like, what happens when you get to it. The only reason I don't do it is my family. I don't want to hurt them. As macabre as it sounds, all I plan for my future is to commit suicide when my family (all of them are older than me) has died so that I don't hurt them.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just lame. What are the reasons for living?
>>
>>18143855
You have unlimited potential as long as you are alive, don't waste it.

It might seem impossible, but through hard work or pure luck you can accomplish anything!

If you are asking for the meaning of life, it's self-defining. You define what the meaning of your own life is.

If you don't want to live that's too bad because life is all you got, try to make something out of it atleast.

And don't ever make permanent decisions because of temporary feelings, I know it might seem like you will always live like you do right now but anything can change at any point.

Feel free to let it all out, I'm all ears.
>>
>>18143855
>have no extreme psychological issues
>Im tired of living. I am interested in death
ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR

Anyways, your family would want what's best for you unless they are selfish. If you have a strong urge to no longer live then they will accept your departure. Just make it crystal clear that you absolutely looked forward to and wanted death. If they do not approve then fuck them for being selfish. They would rather you life in apathetic agony than to achieve true peace because they are selfieh and they dont want to not have you around.

If life has become a miserable boring drag then Do what's best for you. Im positive your family, along with the the rest of the world, will continue trucking on and moving forward without you.
>>
>>18143855
If you have no reason left to enjoy life for yourself, do the logcal thing and put your life towards something logically good for the world. Spend your time volunteering in soup kitchens, work for charities, clean your local streets.
>>
how do you learn to enjoy life without romantic relationships? I'm so adjusted to living for other people I don't know how to live for myself.
>>
>>18143961
Meditate and the answer will come. The answer to every question we already know, it's having the patience and focus to find it within ourselves.
>>
You think you don't have psychological issues, but what you're describing is a textbook case of a major depressive episode induced by a direction in life.
You listed all your problems, and will ignore the advice here, anyway. So just do whatever, really.

>>18143986
Oh come on, is your advice to everything "just meditate"?
>>
>>18143855
If the only thing keeping you from suicide is your family and a desire not to hurt them and you otherwise have no interest in life I have a suggestion. Devote yourself to improving the lives of your family members. Get a job and help them monetarily. Learn to cook some meals that they will enjoy. Be present to lend an ear when they need someone to listen. Clean their home. Take active steps to show that you care about them. If you cannot find anything else in life then why not devote yourself to your family, truly devote yourself to them. At least try for a month. And really do it. Through service to others you may find meaning. Try it. What is there to lose?
>>
Tbh I'm in a similar place rn op. I'm 22, I've been accepted into a decent medical school, and have plans to go into medical research. But lately, I've been constantly feeling this sense of nothingness. I'm so fucking bored. The only time I feel alive is when I masturbate and then feel like shit afterwards. The only reason I keep holding on is the hope that eventually if I live long enough, I'll find what was worth living for.
>>
Well, you know that the social anxiety is a big issue, so start there. You're certainly capable of overcoming it as long as you don't take the suicide route. Things will probably feel a lot less boring once you calm your fear of people a bit.
>>
File: life.png (91KB, 222x245px) Image search: [Google]
life.png
91KB, 222x245px
>>18143872
>>
Im pretty much exactly the same as you OP, except Im 22 KHV.

Ive been depressed for most part of my life but I kept trucking on for my parents. However, I just got rejected by a qt who gave so many signs she was in to me and now everything feels that much worse. Like a constant dull ache now feels like a stab wound if you know what I mean.

Basically, Im going to kill myself very soon, I cant hold on any longer. The only thing I will regret is ruining my parents life.
>>
>>18144469
>will ignore the advice here, anyway
OP here, I am reading silently.
I just feel lost, sorry for not responding. I don't know what to do.

>>18144703
It all sounds so easy, but I don't know where to start.

>>18144757
>I've been accepted into a decent medical school
Same.
I left. I think I am a moron.

>>18145264
>social anxiety is a big issue, so start there. You're certainly capable of overcoming it
No... I tried it. I don't want to anymore.

>>18145297
>Im going to kill myself very soon
Hm, I don't like reading this.
Just keep on living the present day. Even if it's shit. It's shittier to ruin your parents. We're in this together it seems, so what the heck.

----------------

I know I sound like an annoyance to everyone.
I don't want to get on anyone's nerves to be honest.
>>
>>18145297
Don't live or die for your parents. Depression is a hard thing to overcome and survive. We've all been there, those same situations and exact same feelings. But we're still here, most have overcome it, some still suffer with it. But still we survive. We've got bad chemicals in our brains, bad habits that ruin us, our souls are under stress constantly...

Only You can do this, ask for help if you can't do it alone, but you Can do this.
Good luck friend, all of humanity is on your side.
>>
>>18146498
We know how you feel, we've been there and some still are.
Is there anything you'd like to try before being dead, try it.

You don't need to be dead in order to have understanding of it, fucking meditate and reach some higher level of consciousness. Read testimony of people who have had experiences with death.

I don't care if you don't want to try again, you will and you must. You're not stupid. You will keep trying until you succeed, like the rest of us. You will do this for yourself.

You're not an annoyance. The psychological problems you have(anxiety/depression) make you interpret situations that are not there, you invent the worst.
You're not annoying anyone unless you reject help.
Relax yourself, quiet your mind/thoughts. Right now you are your worst enemy. Realize this, accept it as the truth it is.
When I was in your place, I did not care for walking at all, it was beyond boring. But nature has a singular gift of taking bad human energy and transforming it into good.
Go for a walk in nature, with trees or water around you.
>>
>>18146498
>No...I tried it. I don't want to anymore.
The reason why you don't want to is because of the anxiety.
>>
>>18143855
Kill yourself already then
Its better to end it now,don't worry, being dead is like sleeping forever
>>
>>18143855
>what is death like
It's like what you experienced before you were born

>I'm not depressed I'm just tired and can't derive pleasure from anything
You just described clinical depression. Depression isn't necessarily sadness.
>>
You say you aren't extremely depressed but everything you describe sounds like extreme depression.

Go to a doctor mang
>>
>>18146498
>it all sounds so easy. I just don't know where to start.
Start with the dishes. Put any clean ones away and wash the dirty ones. Clean the kitchen counters, then empty the trash. Love is demonstrated by action. Clean the kitchen OP.
>>
>>18143961
Then live for other people, there are countless ways to do that. Help the homeless, help drug addicts, plant trees or some shit. It's very fulfilling to give of yourself with no expectations of repayment.

A relationship isn't living for 'people', it's living for one person. And it is the opposite of giving freely of yourself -- it's an exchange, and it's filled with expectations and demands.
>>
think about what country is the opposite of the one you live in, and move there. keep in touch with people you want to, but not out of obligation.
if you still want to kill yourself after a year or two, revisit the idea.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.