[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

self improvement and resources general?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I see it all the time. People here are miserable or have lacking experiences in various subjects.
I also have a problem.
Sometimes I wonder if I became stale, waiting for something to happen only to be scared of committing the change that might make my life better or even less stale than I am currently.
I dunno. I just want to talk with you guys and gals.
Let's try to help each other, without regressing into memes.
Or maybe direct me somewhere, where I can start exploring my fears, find questions to my answers, or even find the answers to my questions.

Please don't mind the image.
>>
>>18143826
The way you describe yourself sounds exactly like me, i onky ever get out of that state when i am working on something i love or when i am really pressured to the point where it's like a challenge to succeed and that is usually what actually keeps me going, the challenge to do the impossible in the last minute i guess.

My subconcious is a dick
>>
>>18143843
The question is, if it is a learned behaviour, most likely it is, and how I can unlearn it.
Maybe even start with as much of a blank state as it is possible without harming me too much.
>>
>>18143846
Pretty sure you can do a 180° turn wherever you stand, it just takes a lot of discipline to abandon the old way of doing things. I think i lack exactly that and maybe you do too.

I think the main issue for me is that i always tend to do comfortable things like play vidya or draw while i usually would have to learn math as a college student.
>>
>>18143826
Henry James wrote a short story about a man who was convinced he was fated to be special in some unique way, and so he did nothing that might get in the way of his fate. And when he died he was special and unique as the man who had never done anything.
>>
>>18144059
Sounds interesting, i tried to search which one it was in particular but could not find it yet.
Do you remember the name?
>>
I'm not totally clear on what you mean, but I will share my attempts to make sense of things:

Basically, I view the world through two lenses: one to illuminate my personal subjective experience of things and the other to illuminate the world "out there". For the first, I look to meditation practices, psychology, religion, etc. Meditation has been a huge help. For the second, I look to economic analyses, sociology, anthropology, etc. This has been helpful in that I see how my environment has developed, how it will change, and how it is likely to be influencing me.

accesstoinsight.org for the first, critical theory/theory of lit/just philosophy in general for the second.

Basically, read more, and don't be scared to make a mistake.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.