[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being a shitty student? I have an essay due in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1489995941742.jpg (29KB, 527x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489995941742.jpg
29KB, 527x720px
How do I stop being a shitty student? I have an essay due in 9 hours that I haven't started (thankfully only 4 pages, but the procrastination is a problem), a quiz around then as well, and still have to finish up a book. What's the secret to killing a bad procrastination habit?
I do try to lock myself in the library, but even then it's difficult for me to get things done.
>>
>>18143541
>Organisation
Study 5 or 6 days a week (Mon-Fri or Sun-Fri or whatever works for you).
Make sure you review your class on the same day you have it.
Decide to do a certain amount of work every day.
For example, if you have to write an essay in 4 weeks, decide you have to be done with your research in 10 days, done with the draft in 20 and have it reviewed and ready in 25.
If you have to study 150 pages for a test in 20 days, study 10 pages a day and then take 5 days to review.
Give yourself time to review. Remember you get days off. Remember that shit happens.

>Study well
[(25 minutes of studying + 5 minutes of break) x 3 + 30 minutes of break]
During the short breaks, go to the bathroom, eat and drink. During the 30 minutes break, go out for a walk.

>Allow yourself small distractions

>Rewards
Every day you stick to the schedule, get yourself something nice - a night out with your friends, a food you really love, spend some money on yourself, whatever.
>>
There are no secret. You have to force yourself to do what you need to do.

But it is easier said than done. What I do is I divide my work in tiny parts and try to complete them.

I also use Pomodoro Method:
1. set timer for 25 minute.
2. force myself to work for 25 minutes.
3. take 5 minutes break.
4. repeat.

now stop wasting time and start working on your essay.

Listen some brown-noise (search it on youtube) to concentrate.
>>
>>18143552
Good advice, I'll try this.

>>18143556
>brown noise
Thanks friendo
>>
>>18143541
Nine hours is plenty of time PROVIDING you commit to it ASAP. Keep the idea of the reward of free time in mind.
>>
>>18143556
I personally find Pomodoro to be somewhat masochistic: I had similar struggles OP, and Pomodoro was just too much work and too little a break. It has to be a satisfying break above all else. My therapist recommended literally 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off, slowly cranking it up. I know it's a 50/50 work/fuck-around ratio, which sounds terrible, and you're probably rearing to go, but 50/50 is better than 0/100.
>>
>>18143999
It's worked wonders for me, anyway.
>>
>>18143541
You need to have some higher reason to help keep you in focus. Something that'll give you the drive to keep going forward. For a short term fix, just hire someone to watch over you 24/7 and that'll really keep you productive (you might hate the person afterwards...)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.