[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey yall, have been having psychosis troubles for about 6 or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1487168551610.jpg (175KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487168551610.jpg
175KB, 960x720px
Hey yall, have been having psychosis troubles for about 6 or so years, was recently in a mental instutution and are now home again.

The docters aren't sure if im showing early signs of "Schizofrenia" or if I might have "Dissociative identity disorder".

That being said what mostly happned during my time in the institution was that I was given alot of pills, a pat on the back, and let me go.

But I'm not sure what to do with this information about my state of mind. I feel like I should do something to stop my decline into obscurety.

Have you guys any suggestions? Like life choices, or important things to think about?
>>
>>18142580
>psychosis
>schizophrenia
>happened
>a lot
>obscurity

Find a good psychiatrist, find a good therapist with experience doing long-term psychodynamic work, and finish fucking school.
>>
>>18142580
Don't take antipsychs.
>>
>>18142614
Normally thats not bad advice, but if OP is actively psychotic over a significant period of time...well...schizophrenia is degenerative.
>>
>>18142612
oh yea sorry for my english
also thanks i guess
>>
If you can go live with family, do so. I know I read studies that families are supportive.

Many people would say I have had psychotic features. Although i was in a very stressful and unhappy situation on my own with no friends and support system in a stressful urban area i hated. Ill grant I was psychotic for 2-3 days and I voluntarily signed myself in a mental institution, but they would have forced me in anyways.

Day 1 in hospital psychotic symptoms are gone. Doctor more or less accuses me of lying saying there is no way I can be fine now what is going on chemically could not have been changed. The whole hospital was a nightmare, people worse off than me. My roommate was clearly having conversations with non existent people and accusing me of planning to kill me in my sleep. He once kicked me in my sleep and i woke up screaming and the whole incident was a nightmare.

The pills they gave me day 2 i was asleep the whole day. Just head face down in the common room. They woke me up for food, i ate, then literally collapsed. I was told i had to take the pills, they wouldnt let me even read any of the side effects. The doctor told my parents it was my choice to take the pills. He refused to meet with us together. He was some old russian guy.

Im known as the good, normal patient. Nurses act like im going home soon. The doctor said I should be there 3 weeks minimum, as any psychotic symptoms warrant that. On the 8hlth day i signed a voluntary leave, id leave in 3 days. The doc wanted to oppose it but had nothing on me. No one had seen anything remotely abnormal.

Meanwhile im doing my best to stay calm. Im an introvert, living in s closed hospital wing, every 15 minutes people check on you no joke. You are not allowe to go unobserved for more than 30 minutes. Take a long shower they come in. Off the walls crazy people, people throwing tantrums, people crying about wanting to go home. A couple people were receiving electro shock therapy. A total nightmare.
>>
Me again from long post.

I move home. Parents dont see anything wrong. Im obviously normal. I keep taking pills. Every doc says 6 months minimum even if you have no symptoms. First 2 weeks in mega tited, but normal. I sleep 12 hours. Then i kept sleeping and needing naps and generally alive for 4 hours, foggy thinking. I lower dose, slightly better, but my mental clarity is gone. I get a 2nd doctor who gives me a low dose of abilify, a weaker med. 3 months of that i go off it.

Ive been off that a few weeks. I started taking anti deprressents. I have extreme anhedinia, i get pleasure from nothing. I cant get erections from anything. I dont enjoy anything. I think slower, i forget things. I was once a high acheicing individual. I was in a top rated graduate program, i was known to be creative. The last paper i was working on my advisor said was publishable. My life is unbearable, i feel nothing, i cant even get angry.

Dont take anti psychotics. Read the horror stories. Doctors dont care. I wish i was warned. Now you might really need them, but im confident i had a panic attack misdiagnosed as psychosis.

Move home, avoid stress. There is a clear link between stress and psychosis. Focus on living a calm, peaceful life so you dont fall into the hands of psychiatrists. All antipsychotics break up your dopamaine system, which is your reward and pleasure system. Im like a broken person now waiting to feel and be motivated again.

Avoid risperidone and seroquel. If offered drugs demand to try abilify, its the lightest anti psychotic.

Let rationality live your life. If you think something is communicating to you, demand it to email you. If it cant, its not real. Let reason rule your life. Be skeptical. Demand evidence. Avoid all things occult and paranormal too. If you really are experencing psychosis, embrace a quiet, simple life around reason, and evidence. Even if it means you wont be as clear.

Google about risperidone and antipsychotics and anhedonia.
>>
Maybe family will suggest doctors, listen to them, but know your playing with fire. They may help you, you may have no side effects, but in my case they may take your joy, perhaps a long time, i hope not permenantly.

Be healthy, take vitamins. Get a physical and see if you have any vitamin deficiencies. Get a trusted psychologist to talk to as well.

Good luck.
>>
>>18142823
>>18142816
>>18142789
OP here.
Very similar to my experience. Thanks man
>>
>>18142841
If you dont mind me asking, im the one with the long posts, what symptoms did you have. Any uncontrolled bodily motions? For months my body was moving on its own, and I started to freak out that i was possessed. My symptoms have declined and i credit therapy, drugs did nothing. I also noticed an incrase of symptoms during stress. At night i would feel something on top of me, shaking me, and my back and legs would be moved around, and my right arm. My thinking was fine, but id feel something pressing on me and attacking me. I do have a problem, but the idea that nuking the dopamaine system of a person is the only solution is obviously not always true.
>>
>>18142618
But antipsychs cause the deneration, the worst ones anyway. Take what you need of course the goal is to recover from the schizo with as little brain tissue loss as possible, and too much antipsychs will fuck you up even after the schizo lets up.
>>
Anyone else have psychosis stories or advice?
>>
>>18142872
OP here.
Yea my problems are basicly that i sometimes feel like my body is fake and it belongs to someone else. I keep getting the sensation when im alone that people keep pushing me and whisper in my ear that "They're waiting for you, hurry".

Sometimes i hear loud screams during sleep and freak me the fuck out. The walls sometimes bubble and i keep thinking people are out to get me, like kill me. And i keep thinking friends are all faking everything and i get paranoid to the point of me looking in my toilet for cameras and microphones....

I keep self hurting myself to remind myself that this IS my body.... that's about it i think
>>
>>18144330
>I keep getting the sensatio when I'm alone that people keep pushing me and whisper in my ear that "They're waiting for yoy, hurry"
That might just be McDonalds ad on your TV in the background advertising some limited special.
[spoiler]Hurry up, anon. Get it. Mmmmh
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 228x221px
>>18144428
OP here, that made me laugh, thanks man
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.