[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the biggest disadvantages to joining the military?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1489394205321.png (218KB, 300x366px) Image search: [Google]
1489394205321.png
218KB, 300x366px
What are the biggest disadvantages to joining the military?
>>
>>18142544

potential death... its hard to maintain a romantic relationship, but if you're not a disney-tard like most of the people on this board are you'll do fine.
>>
>>18142572
I can't die, I'm the main character.
>>
>>18142631

its 2013, main characters tend to die, and tragically young i might add.
>>
>>18142572
not OP but what do you mean by "disney-tard"??
>>
>>18142668

most people wont admit it, but they're obsessed with fairy tale ideas of romance, particularly on this board, and those who aren't obsessed with it in a romantic fashion still obsess with romantic or at least sexual relationships to the point where they are the top priority in their lives.

if they're not getting laid, then they're figuring out how to get laid, and finding someone to lay them.
>>
>>18142544
Getting Killed
Getting shipped out to a shity muslim country, your not going to be doing drugs n bangin whores like in nam
Living with idiots, betas that have somthing to prove, alphas being jerks
Anything that would qualify you to be in a wounded warrior commercial.
>>
>>18142544
Being treated like a fucking child is one of the biggest disadvantages. If you can't just take it and let dumb people above you make mistakes then you'll be in for a bad time.

Another one that is up there is not having control of your life e.g We're denying your crosstraining and sending you to korea. If you didn't marry your gf she can't come with you when you base hop every two years. Alternatively we can stick you in the middle of no where for your six years.

You really need the right temperament to benefit from being in the military. If you are unlucky, unmotivated, don't plan your career, or simple are dumb... then you'll have a bad time.
>>
>>18142695
obviously getting blown up and physically broken is at the top if it happens but I feel like this thread is going to be filled with people who haven't served.
>>
>>18142705

i havent served myself, but my father was navy my entire life and my older brother was marine, and as you can imagine because of that I also know tons of people who were in the military as well.

if you're afraid this thread wont give good advice, then dont ask for advice, go ask miltiary people instead.
>>
File: 1489638230957.jpg (87KB, 502x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489638230957.jpg
87KB, 502x960px
There are no disadvantages. You have a roof over your head, 3 (admittedly shitty DFAC) meals a day, and job training that will transfer over to your civilian life.

Don't pick combat arms(pic related), you will waste your time. Do something that will offer you a future. Use up tuition assistance WHILE you're in. Do a 2 year enlistment (open to select MOS for a limited time) if you're unsure of selling 6 years of your life away.

Good luck.
>>
>>18142544
You will be sent to exotic places to meet exotic peoples who will try very hard to kill you.
>>
>>18142675
It's quite clear who's not getting laid.
>>
>>18143489
Not to mention when you come back, there will be liberals (mostly women) who will insult you and protect those who wanted to kill you.
>>
You'll be a pawn for your country.
>>
>>18143532
Never been insulted, but im not one to parade around shouting im a vet either. Usually when people do find out they just say oh thats cool or did you go to afghanistan. Get the occasinal thank you which isent really satisfying just feels awkward.
>>18142544
This
>>18142695
Is pretty good start. Ive been out 3 years now so ive pretty much forgoten most of the shitty stuff and just remeber the good times now so cant be too much help there.
>>
Also dont let this
>>18142775
Keep you from doing a combat job if thats what you want. Everyone was muh dont do combat! do something usefull you can do after the military. I was a f18 mechanic and after 4 years of fixing jets in the military i wanted nothing to do with it anymore. Now that im on the gi bill in hindsight i wish i would of done infantry and actually got to do what i signed up for originally and probably had some more intresting life experinces over just standing on the hot ass flight line 12 on 12 off 7 days a week for months at a time.
>>
You might get shot at or blown up, even if you go Navy or Air Force, air fields and ships can be targeted.

You may end up fighting in a war, and doing things that may affect you negatively later on.

Lonliness.
>>
Militaryfag here

Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, there are more advantages than there are disadvantages. But some of them include homesickness, it's pretty hard to adapt to the lifestyle for some, constant bullshit that other people put on you and then they say "You signed the contract"

But all in all it makes you a tougher person physically and mentally, I can tell you you you probably won't see combat. All these people saying "You'll die" don't know there have been like under 100 coalition casualties in the past year, all of which have been super-grunt operator special forces status.
>>
>>18142544
Getting shot at for a country that won't remember you
>>
>>18142544
Apart from the obvious risk ? If American I'd say the CINC
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.