[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My grandfather died, one day i was talking to him, pretending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: cemetery.jpg (437KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
cemetery.jpg
437KB, 1366x768px
My grandfather died, one day i was talking to him, pretending to laugh at his old jokes and a few days later i saw him again, this time inside a coffin with his lifeless body hard and cold.

I loved him very much and i miss him a lot, and ever since he died i couldn't stop thinking about death. My family is religious and they all talk about him being in heaven or whatever now, but i'm not religious, i don't believe that crap about paradise or hell, i don't believe in afterlife, i think this life is the only one we have and the moment our brain activity completely stops, we cease to exist forever.
I just don't know how to deal with the fact that i'll die too one day, with the fact that no matter what i do in life, how long i live, what i accomplish or what i leave behind, i too will cease to exist one day and this body that now writes this post will become a cold carcass that will then be buried six feet under for maggots to eat until it becomes a pile of bones.
And the bittersweet part is not being able to know WHEN or HOW your life will end.

What do you guys think about this? How do you feel about your death?
>>
File: 1489071417883.png (159KB, 500x589px) Image search: [Google]
1489071417883.png
159KB, 500x589px
>>18142436
Pol was right
>>
>>18142436
Death is just going back to the way you were in 1700.
>>
>>18142436
It'll get better once you turn 18.
>>
I haven't experienced a great loss like this yet Op, but, I do often think about how my loved ones will die and so will I one day.
I think it's safe to say that everyone has these thoughts. And they shouldn't shy away from it. It's normal. It shouldn't be seen as abnormal, because this is a part of life.

Op, you should watch AskAMortician's videos on YouTube. The channel is produced by a mortician who also happens to be the head of The Good Death. She answers people's questions about her practices, talks about death in other cultures and talks about coming to terms with facing our own death.

Her jokes can be a bit cheesy at times but I really like her attitude and how she explains how to confront these thoughts. I hope this helped.

http://www.orderofthegooddeath.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrderoftheGoodDeath
>>
>>18142436
Eh, freedom from all pain, fear, sadness, and all sensation.

It sounds pretty nice to me, like the place depressed people go when they try to sleep all day.
>>
Oh! and to add onto >>18142583
here is a perfect video about what Op is concerned with. Again, I really hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IBsAiDeS4M
>>
>>18142596
Is she a tranny?
>>
>>18142792
um, not to my knowledge..
>>
>>18142834
Oh. Well thanks Anyways.
>>
File: 1488152924718.jpg (31KB, 370x368px) Image search: [Google]
1488152924718.jpg
31KB, 370x368px
I don't know, I don't see a point in thinking about it. At the very least, I have a few seconds left to live. At most, a few decades. That's a wide margin of time and I won't be assed to worry about my death when I've got too much in life to worry about.

You're gonna die someday, yeah. Everything you did, everyone you loved -- gone. It sucks, I guess, but it is what it is. Might as well enjoy all these things while you can.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.