[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr Fiance and I got into a huge argument about pre-nups and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 8

File: o-PRENUP-facebook.jpg (212KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-PRENUP-facebook.jpg
212KB, 2000x1000px
tl;dr Fiance and I got into a huge argument about pre-nups and she's refusing to talk to me now

>Come from a very rich family, parents died when I was young
>Grew up with uncle and aunt, pushed me to study and get a job rather than live off wealth
>went to uni, met this girl and we hit it off
>never mention my wealth to anyone, not even her or close friends
>date for 7 years, both have good jobs but she's really bad with her money
>spends it on clothes and shoes that she wears once and then doesn't touch for months
>despite that she's perfect and I proposed a few months ago
>planning the wedding and mention that I'd want a pre-nup
>get the usual "So you're betting on the marriage not lasting"
>Reply that I'm not but I want to be prepared just in case
>comes out that I have money
>turns into a screaming match where she claims I'm hiding things from her
>she ends up leaving, apparently is spending the time at her close (guy) friend's house

She's been ignoring my texts and calls now for a week, haven't heard anything from her and her friends are ignoring me. What do I do?
>>
>>18141825
It feels like you don't really trust her. You didn't tell her about the money and you don't want to get married without a prenup. It seems like you're convinced she'd screw you over.
It might be a bit insulting for her.

It seems like she doesn't want anything to do with you.
Either go to her work/her friend's house and try to talk to her, or just move on with your life.

In my opinion, you fucked up.
>>
>i just dodged a bullet
>what do?

Celebrate, my man.
>>
>>18141825
#whitepplproblems
>>
You did the right thing, in this day and age getting married with out a pre-nup is insanity, not that a woman would ever try to understand.

Just move on with your life, saved you aggro.
>>
>>18141847
seconded
>>
So you lied to her for 7 years, you even got engaged without her knowing. Sounds like a great foundation for a marriage!
>>
File: Prenup.gif (478KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
Prenup.gif
478KB, 500x200px
>>
>>18141825
>lie about something major
>question your girlfriend's trustworthiness asking her to sign a prenup

Ah, men. You never change.
>>
>>18141880
He didn't lie. It's just something he didn't bring up, and nor did he feel the need to bring it up. But now she's staying at some guy's place alone, probably sleeping with him, and OP is suppose to feel bad? lol
>>
>>18141880
Not signing prenup is madness for a man, he will get fucked in the ass in case of a divorce 9/10 times.
>>
>>18141880
What exactly is wrong with a prenup? This is a world where all sorts of shit has happened. My dad married a woman who cheated on him while he was deployed, took his money. I know of so many people who've had their trust shit on, including myself. Why is it so bad to want to secure yourself in a marriage?
>>
>>18141880
And please, don't try to imply women are any better.
>>
>>18141825
Dodged a bullet there my man.

I think it's still worth to try with this girl but don't back down on the pre-nup.
You can try to make her see the logic or just say something like
>I trust the marriage will last but if you have a problem with pre-nup I don't think you do
or some bullcrap like that.

Just let her cool off for a while, but then again she probably rage cheated on you already as soon as the money was out of the way.

Just wait a couple of days and then just start searching a new woman. Don't be sad about losing something you never had, be happy of the days you had together and aim for even better next time.
>>
>>18141886
So in 7 years together it NEVER happened that they talked about money and he never felt any need to mention he actually was extremely rich?
He deceived her, he hid something extremely relevant and major from the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.
He's kinda shitty.

>>18141891
Then don't get married.
What's the point of getting married if you don't trust your partner enough to believe they won't screw you over, or your relationship enough to know you won't divorce?

>>18141894
Because it is against the very premise of marriage. You shouldn't get married if you cannot trust your partner.
Everyone got cheated on, everyone got fucked over, but if you cannot trust someone why do you want to marry them? What does it mean to you?

>>18141897
I am not, but OP is ridiculous.
>>
>>18141906
They may be trustworthy today, but time and circumstances can change people, specially in a divorce where there's usually bad blood and cheating involved.
>>
>>18141906
There are divorce firms that are notorious for driving men to suicide, you can even spend life in prison in that country for getting a divorce.

Sure, pre-nup are the problem though.

Getting married with out a prenup is insanity, why are you even against it? Worried you can't cash out? If marriage is important to you it won't even affect you.
>>
>>18141912
Pre-nups get thrown out all the time unfortunately.

OP goofed, probably should have been mentioned this but her reaction was over the top and she's spending time with a close guy friend after a week of no contact. I wouldn't put up with that shit. It's one thing to be upset but that's kid shit.

Yea OP don't marry this girl for both of your sakes.
>>
File: 1486653111534.gif (896KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1486653111534.gif
896KB, 500x326px
>>18141825
OP, these people who are questioning why you hide your wealth are absolutely, stunningly fucking stupid. You and I know it. My wife and I have a good friend who is also a trust fund baby and you can bet your ass that his money complicates his relationships. He finds more success when he communicates that he doesn't like to talk about it.

>>18141880
This kind of shit blows my mind. OP, you and I both know that the conditions of a pre-nup go beyond, "protect every cent of my money." I'm sure you'd be fair about giving up a reasonable sum in the event of a divorce. FURTHERMORE, she is obviously being inconsiderate about how YOU feel, and why you chose not to bring up your wealth. If she likes you enough to stick with you for this long, then she knows your a reasonable person. If a reasonable person feels tension and anxiety about his/her hidden wealth, then there's probably a rational reason worth discussing.

But, instead she's in a screaming match with you. Good on her. She's fucking some dude to boot. She sure stood by her principals.

Fuck her, and fuck you for not seeing into this shit sooner. There were signs, but you didn't notice them. Now you might have to deal with common law bullshit.
>>
>>18141908
If you don't believe in your union or you don't trust them to be a decent person in the long term, just don't get married.

>>18141912
> you can even spend life in prison in that country for getting a divorce.
What?

>why are you even against it?
Because it doesn't make sense. You cannot promise me you'll love me, trust me and stay with me till death do us part but, on the other hand, ask me to sign a paper that basically says you don't really think we'll stay together for real and in any case you don't trust me with your money and you don't think I'm a decent person.
Marriage doesn't mean shit to you, it's just a practical thing and has no deeper meaning.
I don't want to get married with someone who sees marriage just as a practical thing, a relationship upgrade.

Anyway, my boyfriend makes much less than me and doesn't own shit, if we divorced the only thing I'd get is his crippling debt.
>>
>>18141924
I won't, trust me. And there's a reason for many men coping out of marriage and women these days.
>>
>>18141825

Dump her.
She is a gold digger, and mad you didn't give her money.

With 50% of marriages failing and divorce being initiated in 70% of the cases by the woman it is suicide to marry without a prenup as a male.

That being said: Because of your experience you should ALWAYS be upfront from the start of a relationship on wards that you want a prenup if you ever get married. Worked fine for me so far.

>>18141842
So he should commit economic suicide to a bitch that by now fucks her male friend anyhow because he wants a prenup.

>>18141891
>>18141905
>>18141856
>>18141847
THAT.

>>18141906
Because in 50% of the cases they do.

>>18141917
>Pre-nups get thrown out all the time unfortunately.
Depends on the country. In Germany for example they don't, as long as you do not try to rule out child support.
>>
>>18141924
That's exactly what it is, though. Marriage is great but it isn't some magical Disney princess dream come true nonsense. Your problem is that you're in some fantasy where nothing goes wrong. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
>>
>>18141920

Heh... OP and everybody here doesnt even realize that he is already screwed.

7yrs is common law marriage by default in most states meaning OP is going to lose half his trust fund anyway.

kek.
>>
She was 100% planning to divorce you, take your money and run away with the male 'friend'. You should pray thank God that she was dumb enough to make this obvious.
>>
>>18141935
>Because in 50% of the cases they do.
It's actually not even true. It was true for those people who got married in the 70s/80s (our parents generation) but not for those which started in the 90s/00s.
>>
>>18141825
>What do I do?
you disregard her completely. get any of her belongings that you may have and drop them off at her place or somewhere you know she will be able to get them, and then initiate no contact procedure. she is definitely fucking the guy shes staying with, and obviously butthurt because shes not going to get her hands on any of your shekels (probably extra butthurt because she now knows she could have been extracting shekels from you all along). id say you dodged a huge bullet here, anon.
>>
>>18141948
No, marriage isn't a relationship upgrade.
Marriage has a higher meaning and it brings mutual responsibilities that you're obviously not willing to take if you cannot even trust your partner enough to let them know you have money.
>>
>>18141924
> you can even spend life in prison in that country for getting a divorce.
>What?

Precisely what I typed, they give you a set amount of time to pay a fee during the divorce (before alimony is set etc) and if you don't they send you to prison for a month, at the end of that month they pull you out and ask you for the money, if you don't have it they send you back to prison, repeat forever. The country is Canada.
>>
>>18141924
Why not get a pre-nup unless you are planning on divorcing
>>
>>18141984
Because I wouldn't get married with a man who thinks that low of me.
>>
>>18141986
Pre-nup protects both parties, refusing to sign just shows you have no respect of marriage or your partner
>>
>A vapid gold digger threw a tantrum when I foiled her plans

Enjoy life in an 80's movie
>>
>>18141991
Or concept of the sad reality that life has the great potential to inflict upon an individual. Rational forsight is something everyone ought to have.
>>
File: a37.jpg (35KB, 980x415px) Image search: [Google]
a37.jpg
35KB, 980x415px
>>18141992
90s, actually.
>>
File: 1486408848842.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1486408848842.png
9KB, 401x367px
>>18141825
>What do I do?

She's angry because you are ruining her masterplan. Notice how she has run to the arms of another man...a taste of things to come if you marry her.

Tbh you dodged a bullet, she's not wife material or money wouldn't come into the equation. If she's really in it for love she should prove it and sign the pre-nup.
>>
>>18141986
You are very spoiled aren't you? The exact kinda of women that would screw you over. The world doesn't revolve around your feeling honey.
>>
>>18141986
Well if that's how you feel that's how you feel. I think two rational adults can have the best of intentions but still realize that life isn't a Disney movie and that things don't always work out so a pre-nup should be in the interest of both parties.

Don't take this so personal sheesh.
>>
>>18141906
>What's the point of getting married if you don't trust your partner enough to believe they won't screw you over, or your relationship enough to know you won't divorce?

Because you could be marrying a sociopath or a psychopath who has disguised it very well from you.

But more importantly.

Because divorce exists and that can entitle someone legally to what you own legally.

If you don't love someone enough to sign a prenup you're equally planning on the marriage failing.
>>
>>18141906
>You shouldn't get married if you cannot trust your partner
and you shouldn't get married for money..

>>18141966
>Marriage has a higher meaning
You've been reading too many romance novels. Marriage is a contract.
>>
>>18141991
Prenup doesn't protect people, prenup protects goods.
If we're about to get married, and we want to spend the rest of our lives together, and the only thing you worry about is your money and your stuff, I don't think we should get married at all.
I have more respect for a man who tells me "Let's not get married because I'm too scared of divorce and I don't really believe in the institution of marriage". The idea of getting married with a prenup is just overall insulting for me and the institution of marriage itself.

>>18142011
I kinda have the right to decide who I marry and who I don't want to marry. I don't see how it makes me spoiled.

>>18142012
Two adults have the right to do whatever they want with their life.
I do think it is against the very premise of marriage and wouldn't marry someone with a prenup, but I wouldn't even marry another woman, or a 70 year old dude. I still don't think less of people who do, or want to stop them from doing it.
>>
>>18142035
if the only thing you aren't worrying is how much money you can get from divorce then just sign the pre-nup
>>
>>18142035
>very premise of marriage

What is the premise of marriage?
>>
>>18142035
You are spoiled because you demand something unreasonable and unrealistic considering the social climate. No man would do that, unless he's immature, adults are pragmatic.
>>
>>18141825

this is the final test you give to a woman to see if shes worth marrying.

you never see men getting upset about prenups.
>>
>>18142045
Plus you only care how YOU feel about prenups and completely disregard your hypothetical fiance.
>>
>>18142035
prenup protects people from losing their goods
it's very important to have one specially if the couple has such a huge difference in wealth like OP's relationship

>>18141825
this is also likely a bait thread
OP posted an hour ago and doesn't seem to have replied once
>>
Jesus roasties are getting riled up
>>
>>18142030
t. Feminists
It's because people like you that modern society has lost all of its morale. That is marriage doesn't even matter anymore since more than 60% of the couples get divorced because there's no love. People only marry for fucking interests.
>marriage is a contract lmao
Only if you're giving a fuck for your partener and you only stay with him so you can have a good live. Kill yourself bitch.
>>
>>18142048
This. 100%
>>
>>18142057
Don't mess with their money kek.
>>
>>18142028
How am I planning on it?

>>18142030
> Marriage is a contract.
It is not just a contract.
Marriage is promising a person you're going to love them, take care of them and look after their needs for the rest of your life. It is a celebration of love, a declaration of love. It has a cultural, emotional meaning that is not just "we're going to provide for each other financially and get tax discounts till we decide to stop doing so or one of us dies".

>>18142038
Why should I get married with a man who doesn't think I can be trusted?

>>18142044
Staying together, loving and trusting each other through all the ups and downs of life, till one of you dies.

>>18142045
>>18142049
I am not spoiled for refusing to sign a contract.
He can refuse to marry me and I would have absolutely zero issues with it, I wouldn't marry someone who wants me to sign a prenup.
>>
>>18142067
Why should any man marry you when you are already planning to divorce?
>>
>>18142069

because if he wnats sex he needs to grow up and get married.
>>
>>18142069
Again, he is the one who wants an exit plan and wants to plan his divorce. Not really me.
>>
>>18142059
>60% of the couples get divorced
Actually, around 30-35% of couples get divorced. Marriages that started in the 90s/00s are very stable compared to those that started in the 70s/80s, comparable to those that started in the 50s/60s.
>>
>>18142076
You know divorce means nothing in terms of monetary gain for a man right? The man can only lose, that's the why of the protection
>>
>>18142076
No it's definitely you
>>
>>18142064
Absolutely right. Men who marry rich chicks are the ones asking for a prenup.
>>
>>18142067
>>18141825
Marriage is a contract whats the big deal about signing another one. And prenups can go both ways.

Also over 70% of prenups get thrown out in court so if you think that would matter you're retarded and im sure more don get thrown out because the wife is amicable and decides not to have it thrown out.

Op you're obviously retarded on some level you're lucky its not going to work out and nor should you let it.
>>
>>18142067

>marriage is promising a person you're goign to love them, take care of them, and look after their needs for the rest of your life.

no, marriage is a promise that the MAN will take care of the woman the rest of her life. because after the divorce the woman is not expected to take care of the man at all.

get it straight.
>>
They should make it a mandatory educational process in society to teach people about healthy communication skills in relationships.
Do you know what would have happened if you had that education?

>comes out that I have money
>We comfortably talk about the issues this is causing for her and try our best to work together on this.
>We come up with a mature considerate solution to the issue and continue along with our relationship with no damage to it whatsoever

It's really sad that the best way she thought she could handle that situation was just lose her shit. She's not fucking 8 years old but here she is acting like one.

>>
>>18142076
No, you are, lying bitch. A prenup is there to prevent YOU from divorcing him, you asshole, what in 70% the woman does, not the man. The prenup takes away the incentive, divorce hungry sexist bitch.

>>18142067
>Marriage is promising a person you're going to love them, take care of them and look after their needs for the rest of your life.
Bullshit. You can have all of that without legal marriage. Marriage is a contract.

>>18142035
>Prenup doesn't protect people, prenup protects goods.

-_-
Lying asshole bitch .

>Take all a man's goods away and potentially lock him up if he can't pay.
>"Look, I didn't do shit to you - only your goods".

You are evil to the core.
>>
>>18142088

>implying 'education' would fix someones emotional reaction

you're wrong.
>>
>>18142078
Not true under certain circumstances. Usually it is the case because women tend to choose partners that make more.
>>
>>18142059
>It's because people like you that modern society has lost all of its morale

Society has never had morals, and whatever morals it has had changes depending on the generation.

Marriage and Divorce only benefit women. Prenup is all a man has left to protect himself from both.
>>
>>18142078
Why should I marry a man who feels like he needs to be protected from me? He clearly doesn't trust me enough. It's not a huge deal. I'd rather not get married at all if that's how he felt.
>>
>>18142077

Yeah because millenials by and large cant afford to get divorced.
>>
>>18142088
Her getting greedy and jumping on a different cock after money was out of the picture can't be educated out my man
>>
>>18142093
Usually? I think it's more often than that.
>>
>>18142077
Where did you get those statistics? Look at Europe. Every Western Europe and the USA country has a 60+% marriage failure. You must live in an based Eastern Europe country.
>>
>>18142095
That's emotional manipulation 101.

>men feels in a way that cross his girl in the slightest
>she has no respect for how he feels at all because she's a spoiled cunt
>scream at him that he's 'possessive', 'jealous' or 'insecure'
>profit
>>
>>18142096
No. We marry less, and we divorce at a much lower rate.
Marriage isn't considered to be as necessary as it was, it isn't a thing that most people take lightly, and people usually get married later in life.
We also witnessed our parents generation being fucked up by marriage so we're more attentive before getting married.
>>
>>18142095

were agreed then, you should not be allowed to marry.
>>
>>18142095
If you aren't planning to betray your man why not simply get a pre-nup
>>
>>18142095
I don't understand why you have to make it so personal. There's nothing wrong in preparing for the worst. That doesn't make someone a bad person.

I've spent my career investing a significant amount of my money with the goal of retiring early. I'd like to obviously have a partner to retire with but if all my investments were taken in a divorce I'd probably kill myself. I'd like to think that money I've worked hard for while single is mine. It's nothing personal.
>>
>>18141825
You did everything right. If you have money, don't let the woman know, otherwise you'll never really know if she is in the relationship for you or your money.

Move on, if you have any of her shit at your house just put it in a box and drop it off at her lover's house. Then don't talk to her again.
>>
>>18142101
There are something like 15 countries in the world that have a 50+% divorce rate, including Baltic countries and Russia. Just 6 countries have a 60+% divorce rate.
Most southern Europe countries have a < 30% divorce rate - Italy is at around 25%, same for Greece. Eastern Europe are more around 40%.

It's on wikipedia.
>>
>>18142067
>Why should I get married with a man who doesn't think I can be trusted?

Because you can't. You'll have kids to seal the deal then divorce him one day and pick up the paycheck. You get the kids, house, most of his money and he gets nothing except regret for not signing that pre-nup.

50% of marriages in the US end this way and most are initiated by women who have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
>>
>>18142067

its not that you can't be trusted, rather that we shouldn't have to have that amount of trust.

want to prove your worthy of it? sign a prenup. why is it so important you get money if you decide to divorce him?
>>
>>18142067
>love

If you truely loved someone you wouldn't care about what they have or dont have. The reason you are getting so triggered about prenups is it exposes the truth about you as a person.

You would only marry someone who would financially better you but you are too ashamed to admit it.
>>
>>18141825
>make her sign a prenup
>she gets upset that you'd make her do such a thing
>money enters the situation
>she goes into a fury
So she got mad that she can't take all of your money a couple years down the line? Hmm. Sounds like you dodged a bullet, OP.
>>
>>18142059
in this day and age, yes, marriage is a contract, one that might make you lose a lot if you don't get a prenup
love is an interest my friend, one that might wane over time. please don't kid yourself into thinking that your relationship is special and you never ever might run into problems great enough to make you not want to be married anymore

>>18142067
it's not about him not trusting you enough that you won't backstab him at the first opportunity
it's about making sure that in the case a divorce is needed, neither will get screwed over

>>18142095
Because you too love him. we all have faults and part of being in a relationship is accepting them, you should be able to accept that one thing
>>
>>18142067

have you ever broken up with a guy before?
>>
>>18142133
>in this day and age
Marriage was always a contract. Either under the church or the civil government.
>>
>>18142113
I don't think that someone who proposes a prenup is a bad person.
I do think he doesn't actually believe in marriage, and feel no reason to get married if it has no meaning for him.

>>18142119
Then, again, don't marry me. If you think I can't be trusted don't promise me you'll trust me and love me and shit. It's an empty promise. You don't even believe your fucking vows.

>>18142123
My boyfriend doesn't own anything. I own the house we live in, the car he drives, and make twice as much as him.
And, still, if we got married tomorrow I wouldn't have any desire to sign a prenup because I trust him and I know he wouldn't try to fuck me over if things went south.

>>18142129
>You would only marry someone who would financially better you but you are too ashamed to admit it.
It's, ironically, the opposite.

>>18142133
>it's about making sure that in the case a divorce is needed, neither will get screwed over
You don't trust me enough to know I won't screw you over tho.

>we all have faults and part of being in a relationship is accepting them
Lacking in respect for your partner is not a personal flaw. It's not something I'd put up with.
>>
>>18142154

thats cuz hes a dude and would provide for himself.

so whats the harm in signing one then?
>>
>>18142154
Can you stop attention whoring so hard, please? You made this thread all about yourself, spoiled cunt.
>>
>>18142160
OP isn't even in the thread, who cares
>>
>>18142165

everyone else, apparently.
>>
>>18142168
the premise of marriage has been perverted and bent over to favor women, the prenup is an attempt to fix it and give a balance.
>>
OP is fucking dumb for hiding his wealth and/or his desire to get a pre-nup.

Dumb cheating skank who is now fucking her friend is fucking dumb for getting this upset that she basically just hit the lottery and going off to fuck a friend to have revenge sex.

Seriously, the only person who didn't see the relationship lasting was her. If the relationship lasts, then why would she give a shit about the pre-nup? It would just be a worthless piece of paper and would help make sure that the husband would have peace of mind knowing that she may try to take his money if she got mad enough.
>>
File: FCJ-158fig16.jpg (47KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
FCJ-158fig16.jpg
47KB, 325x325px
>>18141825

You fuckers are so gullible.

0/10. Seen this same thread word for word with the same photo probably 50 times.
>>
I don't get why no one has come up with a way to flip negative reaction to prenups around

something like

>I want our marriage to be built on a solid foundation before the eyes of the law. Otherwise, what is the point of marriage?
>>
>>18141825
If you really had a good relationship it would have survived this; don't worry about it.
>>
>>18141847
WEW

:^D
>>
Op, as a fellow women hearing this...

You absolutely dodged a fucking bullet. If you guys went seven years together and her communication is still this bad, then she isn't learning and is pissed over relatively insignificant shit.

If her reaction was "So you're betting on the marriage not lasting" instead of something like "why? Are you worried about something?" Or even just, "you don't truat me?" (Which could have opened the conversation up to more clear communication and you being able to get your concerns out), then ahe wasn't the right one.

Being angry that you kept secrets is understandable. But keeping wealth a secret is also understandable and FOR GOOD FUCKING REASON.

She should have been understanding of this, or at the very least not have gotten as angry as she did.

She is acting like a child right now and trying to make you jealous, and not like a responsible adult who is willing to talk to you and hash your concerns and fears out WITH you.

She is not being a good partner, and therfore will not be a good wife.

Unless something changes drastically, I would call that wedding off.
>>
>>18142472
This. I've read the entire thread. Haven't seen op post once. Boy everyone got russled.

Also on the off chance its real, you guys missed the point entirely:
>NEVER EVER REVEAL HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE TO FAMILY OR CLOSE FRIENDS
why? Because shit like this happens. They'll want to mooch off you, then possibly throw temper tantrums (and make it sound like it's your fault) when they learn they can't easily mooch off you.

Sorry op you had to discover that about your now ex later rather than sooner. You weren't in the wrong about not bringing up your wealth.
>>
>>18141880
>that she's perfect and I proposed a few months ago
>>planning the wedding and mention that I'd want a pre-nup
>>get the usual "So you're betting on the marriage not lasting"

>fight to create an incredible biased meatgrinder of a divorce courts system in the name of "equality".
>This literally gives you all the power in a relationship while leaving the other party feeling like there is a loaded gun to their head.
>Make sure this system is so exploitative that it's literally drove men to suicide, again, in the name of "equality".
>Get pissed of when men try to take steps to ensure this metaphorical loaded gun doesn't go off in their face and have them in and out of debtors prisons or turned into a clone of the current version of Brendan Fraiser.
>Say it's about "trust" despite the fact that as a gender you've collectively worked and supported this modern day slave trade and watering down any meaning marriage might have once had.
>Claim that as a gender, you actually deserve trust when it comes to this shit.

Ah, women. You never change.
Well, until my generations women finds itself on the other side of the meatgrinder, you gals outearn us. That'll be fun - and we'll react like you did, won't take your complaints about it seriously.

We watched as you laughed taking peoples dads away, spending our "child support" on shoes and driving men into a lifetime of debt.
We'll do the same to your daughters.
>>
>>18141870

7 years without you telling her there's money in your life would be a big surprise. Possibly more hurtful than the pre-nup request.

The time to bring up money would be after you're sure she's a nice person and not a gold digger.

This could be 6 months to a year after going out but before telling her you raise the subject obliquely, by referring to celebrity bust ups and pre-nups. Then you gauge her reaction.

Pre-nups are often worthless anyway because the common property aspects of the marriage eat away at the protection over time. To really protect yourself establish a discretionary trust - then she may be able to claim part of the stipends but can't touch the capital.
>>
>>18142688

You seem lost.

>>>/r9k/

I think thats the board you're looking for.
>>
>>18142706
>The time to bring up money would be after you're sure she's a nice person and not a gold digger.

I never plan on getting married to a woman unless she earns more than me, I'm mostly MGTOW and am very cautious about relationships in general, however...

I also believe in "NAWALT" - not all women are like that.

However, there is a flaw in saying that, that I've learned from hearing too many stories from older men and divorce men.

It always starts the same way - "I thought she was different".
Not all women are like that, but they all have the potential to be, and can change.

The amount of stories I've heard that boil down to;
>Something changed in her life.
>Lead her to read magazines/talk to bitter old dykes/went to learn gender studies.
>Suddenly she hates me and every time we've both had sex - a mutually beneficial activity essentially - is now something I apparently owe her for rather than something we did together.

Unless we can get a "re-boot to last known stable version" button on women, then damn well she better out-earn me or we're not getting married.

People change.
You find a great woman, there's not alot of room for her to move any higher... but she can always go lower.

That's why it's so risky.

Also, "make sure she's a nice person"?
I'd be willing to bet at least 90% of men who get married thought that their wife was nice.
Look how it ended up for 50% of them.

Who the fuck is going "She's not really a nice person. She's judgemental, spends all my money, talks shit about me and flirts with my friends... I better propose, keep this bitch locked down"?

Also another problem with the Nawalt argument is simply; it's impossible to tell.
If a girl has something to gain, she'll act like she's "not like that" even if she is actually "like that".
>>
>>18141825
Protect your family's wealth, and maintain their or your legacy. You uncle and aunt meant well anon, they didn't want you to just live off your parents wealth so that you could become something of your own accord.

I'm sorry to say but your gf/fiancé sounds like a major cunt. Stop communications and do your own thing.
>>
Fucking bait. No one is as dumb as OP pretends to be.
>Wanna marry? Btw I want a prenup. Never discussed about this for seven years. Btw I never told you anything about my financial situation either lol. What, you think I'm hiding other things? Women amirite guys? lmao
Fuck prenups anyway. Our plan is to sign our divorce contract alongside our marriage contract, so if anything happens it'll already be settled when we were both capable of reason.
>>
>>18141825
Quite honestly, your problem was not telling her about your money after getting to know her. If someone told me after 7 years they are rich, the first thing I would think is that they have other darker secrets. Maybe it is drug money, maybe their relatives were gangsters or had some other kind of shady business, maybe the evil twin arrives and wants to have a threesome, maybe the money is haunted, maybe the guy has serious trust issues and other problems he doesn't talk about.
>>
>>18142741
Everybody should have a prenup or not marry at all. Most people earn the same amount nowadays and the taxes take care of that evne if it is a little bit different.

However, if you want a traditional wife, she has to protect her future even if she is not a golddigger. For instance, if she stays home and gives up career, she needs to know she is safe even if you break up or you die. She needs to have money for raising children and also for the time she could have developed herself and her career. This is why I don't really understand MGTOWs and MRAs, if they want a childless family or take car eof the child the same amount, it is all fine. But most of them want stay at home housewives who need that financial safety. Not the money you made before but what you make while you stay married. It is just very illogical to want a traditional housewife but not fulfill your traditional part.
>>
>>18142831
>For instance, if she stays home and gives up career, she needs to know she is safe even if you break up or you die. She needs to have money for raising children and also for the time she could have developed herself and her career. This is why I don't really understand MGTOWs and MRAs, if they want a childless family or take car eof the child the same amount, it is all fine. But most of them want stay at home housewives who need that financial safety. Not the money you made before but what you make while you stay married. It is just very illogical to want a traditional housewife but not fulfill your traditional part.

I get this.
But then again, with the way things are these days, "stay at home" seems more like a fantasy for guys who want to pretend its the 50's or women who'd rather deal with a husband than a boss.

Personally, I'd rather find a woman who works and raise the kid together. It's just more feasible economically speaking.

But yeah, if two people agree that one stays at home the other must be willing to provide. But again, it has to be an agreement - otherwise you'd see women choosing not to work and men forced to earn more despite the fact that she made the choice without him. If she chooses that without him - it's her choice and thus her responsibility.
Likewise is genders are reversed.

But if both work, then alimony shouldn't even be a thing, they should revert back to a pre-relationship state where they only get what they themselves have earned.

As for child support, I think receipts and evidence should be shown to prove that the it was actually for the child's benefit, not the recipient - and then the other would reimburse.
>>
>>18141825
Honestly rich guys get the pussy up front, but they ALWAYS get cucked the hardest in the end. Like if a woman finds out you have money, not only does she feel entitled to that, she feels entitled to everything else in the world as well.
>>
File: ancap-meme-generator.png (66KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
ancap-meme-generator.png
66KB, 547x402px
>The idea of getting married with a prenup is just overall insulting for me and the institution of marriage itself.
>prenup is insulting to marriage
>no mention of alimony
>no mention of child support
>no mention of oh, gee, i dont know, DIVORCE

R O A S T I E S
O
A
S
T
I
E
S
>>
>>18141825
OP here people here are getting crazy for bashing you about you hiding your wealth from her.
I don't see any reasons why he would tell her. It's his money and his money is nothing to do with her loving him or not. If there is any reason that a woman gets mad with a man for this is only because she knows she can't get any bucks from his money. Really. If reserved, the girl were wealthy would she tell him she were? Mostly nope.
But again, there are two things about OP that I want to make it clear,
Firstly: it's possibly that OP didn't trust her that much he whole time.
Secondly: OP is a stingy as fuck. I bet almost throughout 7 years of this relationship OP never bought her anything fancy.

Honestly there's nothing wrong with what you did with your money, it's your money, even a prenup. If a girl unwillingly sign up for it it also means she thought of the man's money, in this way or another way. If my bf wants me to sign for a prenup I'm okay with it, as long as he's responsible and take care of me.
>>
>>18142714
I thought his post was informative. What was he wrong about? Otherwise you should stop it with the name-calling, please.
>>
>>18141825
>ask someone to marry you and THEN dump a ton of shit on them after they said yes

Dick move and you fucked up.
>>
>>18141842
Oh fuck you. OP didn't do anything wrong you dickhead, his fiancee is fucking crazy....signing a prenup for her doesn't have any negative effect on her unless she was planning on taking half his shit.
>>
>>18141848
Fuck off to tumblr
>>
>>18142076
Do you understand what a prenup is or are you just shitposting
>>
>>18141825

Listen my friend.

You are a man, and you cannot live by the rules of fairy tales. That shit is for women and children, not men.

Men have to go out into the dark, have to protect against unseen dangers, have to plan and prepare. You are going to be head of the household and leader for your family. You will be responsible for the livelihood of the family and the upbringing and rearing of children into adults. Whether it is fair or not, true or not, good or not doesn't matter.

That is what is expected of you and that is what you have to work with. We like to teach and preach about fairness, justice, equality, etc. The truth of the matter is, that is what we like things to be but not the way things actually are, and you, as a man, have to protect against reality and not treat well with fantasy.

If she doesn't like or appreciate that then she can fuck right off. Pre-nups are a necessary and important part of that.
>>
>>18141825
>money becoming a issue before getting married
Yeah red flag. Especially since she's punishing you by going off woth another dude.
>>
PSA:
If a girls says no to the prenup, ask her if she's planning on divorcing you for money. She will obviously say no. When she does, tell her "therefore, you should have no problem signing this prenup"
>>
>>18141825
Not sure what you should to, but her reaction is a HUGE red flag. You are not at fault. Get the prenup done.
>>
>>18142035
If you truly believe this, you are nothing but vapid
>>
>>18142048
>you never see men getting upset about prenups
I'm probably going to use that line at some point desu. Well put, anon
>>
>>18143133
This. Don't listen to the lone vapid whore in this thread, listen to this.
>>
>>18143133
Every man thinking about marriage should read this post.
>>
>>18141825
I did not read the thread.

Op never ever marry any woman with out her signing a prenup. Period. Do not entertain any other route.

Also, close guy friend means shes fucking him. Go whoop his ass in front of her. Dump her if she hasnt already dumped you. Do not under any circumstances let her know you miss her or are hurt. Use your money to lianda good fun life and subtley throw it in her face. Do not call or text her. When she calls texts you act normal but busy and end the conversation quickly with a "ill call you back" or something like that. But dont follow up on it at all. She will end up blowing your phone up. Just sit back and enjoy the show. Fuck that cheating money hungry bitch.
>>
>>18141825
>date for 7 years
>it never comes out that you have money
I love threads about things that never happened
>>
I wouldn't marry anyone who acted like that.

The people in this thread who can't sympathize with her are manchildren though. When propose she probably took it as "I'm so confident in my love for you that I believe we will be together for the rest of our lives". But asking for a prenup is like saying "uh who knows what might happen :)"
>>
>>18141825
>bitch doesn't understand that a pre-nup is to protect BOTH parties assets
>she has a conniption fit over you hiding your wealth
>now she's spending time at her close guy friend's house

break off the engagement and dump this bitch
walk away and
don't
fucking
look
back
>>
>>18141842
Don't listen to this garbage. There's no such thing as being betrayed by someone you don't trust.

Prenups aren't there because you don't trust people. They are there in case someone tries to fuck the other over. If the marriage goes according to plan, the prenup becomes a worthless piece of trash.

You didn't fuck up. Women always overreact because they are emotional. DO NOT GET MARRIED WITHOUT A PRENUP.
>>
sorry logic is not allowed in love
>>
>>18141825
I understand you love her but if she's refusing to talk about it then I'd say the whole basis of communication in the relationship is gone.

I guess she has a right to be annoyed you never told her about the money but running off to her guy friend instead of taking about it whenever you are engaged is pretty extreme.

Yeah just because she's with her guy friend doesn't mean she's gonna be fucking him but if he's a scumbag I'm sure he's trying to take advantage of her emotional state.

I'd say if she's willing to come back and talk about the prenup and can honestly tell you she didn't fuck him then I'd give her a chance.
>>
She's doing this to emotionally attack you so you don't do the prenup. Do not concede to it.

also, break up since she went with some guy and is ignoring you for a week. you have the power here, don't give it to her.
>>
File: disregard-females.jpg (94KB, 525x690px) Image search: [Google]
disregard-females.jpg
94KB, 525x690px
>>18141825
Forget her.
Any woman that refuses prenup is not worth getting married to, because such a woman is deliberately refusing to migate the already extremely risky position getting married is for a man.
>>
Wipe your sorrow's with those Benjamin's
>>
>>18142154
I dont even want to argue any of your points because youre retarded, but man I hate you and people like you so, so, so much
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.