[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people get treated badly by strangers regularly, or is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (3KB, 105x118px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 105x118px
Do people get treated badly by strangers regularly, or is it just me?

I am a 25 year old woman, and I have noticed that, more often than not, I am treated badly by strangers within my age range. Usually other females.

I recently attended a conference, and I was really excited to meet people my age because I mostly work with older adults.

Almost every young adult I met was incredibly rude. I sat next to a woman my age and put all my stuff down for over 10 mins, until she demanded that I moved so all her friends could sit near her. This wasn't a "Hey, I really wanted to be near my friends, is it possible for you to scoot over a little?" She looked at me and said, "I need all these seats, so you'll have to move." then threw her book in front of me. I was debating on whether or not to take that from her, but since the seminar involved working in groups with each other, I didn't want to be next to this woman, so I just got up and left.

At another seminar, we had to get in groups, I looked around and saw a few other women my age, and I asked to join them. They hesitantly said yes. Then, someone else said they didn't have a group, so then I said I would go with her. As I walked away, one of the women in that group said, "Yea, hunny... buh bye" and all the other women laughed.

These were just a couple examples from when I went out this week. But these things frequently happen to me. At college. At work (when I first began working there).

It weighs down on me so heavily because I have never witnessed this happen to anyone else (as an adult, aside from like, childhood bullies).

IDK. I don't look weird, I don't dress weird or out of the norm. I am really mild mannered and make efforts to be polite especially in work/school settings. And I am just dying inside because something is causing me to be socially isolated, and I have no clue what it is.

It has happened enough times to where it can't be that just "Oh people are assholes"

Pls help.
>>
>>18141280
>I am a 25 year old woman
stopped reading there

post tits
>>
They might be jealous of you or maybe you come off as a bitch.

I'm a dude, but no stranger has ever been rude or mean to me
>>
>>18141304
What makes one "come off as a bitch"?

I know I do not talk like one. My voice has always been sweet. I talk politely and sincerely. And not in that over-the-top "customer service" acting way. Just genuinely calm and polite.
>>
Turn around shocked, give them a standing ovation, and say their "Mean Girls" impression is amazing.
>>
>>18141311
Maybe you are just ugly, people are more rude to ugly people
>>
>>18141280
I don't mean to pry too much OP, but may I ask what race you are? I know a bunch of people are about to grill me, but that honestly could be the answer, especially depending where you live.
>>
>>18141311
>What makes one "come off as a bitch"?

no idea, I haven't ever spoken to you. From what I know about girls they are mean to other girls they are jelly of. Post your face and we will know what's up.
>>
Do you live in a rich area with a predominant racial and social group that you are not a part of in some way?

The rich are stratified deeply in subtle ways, sounds like you're dealing with rich society bullshit stuff to me.
>>
Happens to me often, thats why i dont fuck with people and keep to my own
>>
>>18141323
I am above average pretty. I didn't want to sound narcissistic. But I don't feel like it's a "oh everyone is just so jealous of me!" thing. I meet other pretty girls who just aren't treated like this.

>>18141327
I am mixed. European and pacific islander. I look more european because I have colored eyes, people don't really see the islander unless I say it and then they're like "Oh, I see it now" Because I live in southern california, most people think I am a light skinned hispanic.

>>18141369
Not really. I live in the suburbs of Los Angeles. Most are in middle class, be it lower or higher, but still middle class.
>>
>>18141369
Also, it's blended. Most are hispanic or asian. Not too many white people, but I've been treated strangely across the board of races.
>>
Did you experience this growing up? Are you new in town?

We need some more details.

>>18141426
>I live in the suburbs of Los Angeles
Can you be more specific? I'm from SoCal and LA suburbs range from "you'll be killed by gang members" to "weekly yacht parties".
>>
>>18141280
No, i am treated well everywhere.

T. tall white not fat boy who hides his power level. I am not her to give advice, just to trigger other anons.
>>
>>18141451
>Can you be more specific? I'm from SoCal and LA suburbs range from "you'll be killed by gang members" to "weekly yacht parties".

Somewhere in between. My hometown has low crime rate, half of it is nice, other half is poverty stricken, the next town over to the west is where the hispanic gangs and poverty are. Town over to the east is where Snoop Dogg and Brittany Spears have mansions, but it's mostly populated by rich asian people.

In elementary school, I was one of the few "white" people in a sea of Korean children. I've always been very isolated racially and as a result, I didn't look like anyone so I was kinda just out there. In high school, girls were always mean to me. Would generally just find something they didn't like about me, and bully or tease me about it. Like the one time my buttcrack accidentally showed and I was called a slut for like a year because it turned into "anon doesn't care who sees if her thong is showing". Idk, I thought this meanness wouldn't carry over to the adult world.
>>
File: 1359269588352.png (271KB, 384x733px)
1359269588352.png
271KB, 384x733px
>>18141456
Whatever it is you're trying to do, try harder. Even shitposting deserves more effort than that.
>>
>>18141471
All i want is sweet (you)s and i am too good person to abuse good anons and waste their time with quality baits.

Thank you :-D
>>
>>18141463
Also, I have been living in this area my entire life.
>>
>>18141426
>I live in the cancer shitpile that LA is
seems like you found the answer to your question
>>
>>18141499
I lived in the bay area (near Berkeley) for several months a few years ago and people were still pretty similar despite that being the progressibe hippie-dippie california love nest.

Do you really think it'd be nicer to move east? Because honestly, the arizona and nevada people seem really trashy too.
>>
>>18141512
I live in the Midwest and people are always looking to get to know you here, it's lovely. It's the complete opposite of New York or LA.
>>
>>18141280
You probably just look meek.
Also most people deal with more frustration in their life than what you can tell from looking, so when they see someone who they think is weak, they try to let off some steam. That is typical for women in your age range for various reasons, mostly just pent up frustration about their own life - but that's not the issue here.

What you have to do is fight back even just once and they will respect you. Fighting back in the sense of simply telling them how rude they are or something along the line. You don't have to be witty, just say what you feel. Basically, complain but don't be rude yourself.

Obviously you don't do that yet, because you think it's too stupid to get dragged down to their level and it will just cause more problems. But the thing, as soon as you go to some kind of meeting you basically already are on the level of all the other people there and not responding in any way will make them think they can do whatever they want.
>>
>>18141574
I was considering that. I am on the short side, and I don't even look over 21 yet. So I was wondering if women maybe thought I was younger than my age. I remember times where I have gone to bars and some rude drunk women asked if I should even be in here.

So maybe my appearance does give off some weird "lesser" vibe.

My fear is though, if this is about what age I look, standing up for myself will probably make me look even more childish?

I have stood up for myself on a slight few occasions (I calmly say that I don't want to take part in this or that I'm uncomfortable, etc. not matching aggression), but it has only caused people to be even more rude or belittling.

I wonder if the goal for the people that like to treat me like this is to appear socially dominant. And I just don't know how to get out of that situation other than walk away (and that doesn't even stop it).
>>
>>18141280
Something in you is making them feel insecure. You're probably more attractive than them, this is a good thing
>>
>>18141623
But honestly, in return, I am feeling very insecure. Not in my physical self, but in my personality and socio-emotional self...
>>
what was the conference about?

if it's mostly women doing it:

Women always want to surround themselves with copies of themselves.

The more women there are, the bitchier it gets, especially against women that are there alone or better looking or dressed differently
>>
>>18141632
It was a teacher's conference. So yea, mostly women, but mostly 35-60 year old women.

The one's my age were most rude. But I feel weird that no one was going there thinking, "Yay, I get to make more colleagues!" because I was thinking that, and now feel stupid for it, and I made no new work colleagues..
>>
Well as a man I never deal with this from other men. When I wasn't working from home though I heard women at work talk shit about each other all the time. They were never aggressive like they were being towards you though. In my experience the fat women were nicer to their colleagues. Maybe just try and make friends with the fat bitches?
>>
>>18141631
Get a boyfriend and a regular dicking then. Will do wonders for your self esteem
>>
>>18141311
Look menacing and nobody will fuck with you. I think maybe you have a doormat sort of face (no offence).
>>
>>18141664
I have a boyfriend already. I am referring to the level of self esteem in which you feel confident in yourself to make friends.

Boyfriends do a lot, but boyfriends can't make other girls like you. Sometimes they make other women hate you more.
>>
>>18141670
my friends hate me because of my boyfriend. You'll never win, just enjoy your own company and the fact that you have a companion in life.

A great friend will come along when you least expect it.
>>
>>18141674
>my friends hate me because of my boyfriend
Yea, I have experienced that too. Not only friends, sometimes it's just acquaintances with harsh judgement.
>>
>>18141618
Not really about your age. More your basic facial expression being timid. But don't bother trying to forcefully change your expression, because it will just look weird.

That being said, you won't have such troubles at all if you find a friend or two in those groups.
>>
>>18141674
You mean that they don't like your boyfriend or they hate that your have a boyfriend at all?
>>
>>18141285
You fucking bastard get out if you don't have any advice
>>
>>18141699
They think he is misogynist, he's not. They hate that I am with him still.
>>
>>18141690
Yes, don't waste time thinking about them. Keep on your goal. The right friends will come along.
>>
>>18141714
boy you sure showed that pig a thing or two, you go girl friend!
>>
>>18141734
Are you being sarcastic or real?

That was hilarious!
>>
>>18141721
Ah, you live in California, where if you're not a libtard SJW them you must be a bigot/misogynist/ fascist.
>>
>>18141695
>That being said, you won't have such troubles at all if you find a friend or two in those groups.

I've been in college for 6 years. Been at work for like 4 years. Haven't been able to make a friend because people are really catty. I wouldn't have come to /adv/ if I didn't feel like nothing I am trying is working.

I'll try to be more aware of maybe the way I walk or the way I smile or talk. I still don't even know if this is my problem or their problem. I've been assuming I've been really nice most of the time.
>>
>>18141745
then*
>>
>>18141721
OP here, my friends thought the same about my bf

r u me
>>
>>18141754
Omg no wot!

It makes me happy to know I'm not the only person out there with this this problem tho.
>>
>>18141779
For realll, my friend said some shit about us dating in the beginning, my bf got annoyed by it, so he called her out, then all of a sudden, because he talked shit back to her she got all triggered and called him a woman hater.

Like these sneaky female crimes need to stop.
>>
>>18141811
This sounds eerily similar! They're not used to men talking back to them and putting them in their place. Same thing happened and yes, screaming the misogynist card. Crazy!
>>
I don't need to read that fucking essay to tell you that people aren't nice.

People are mean. Very mean. People lie, cheat, steal, kill, rape, push, shove.

The further you go into life, the more you realize that everyone is terrible.
>>
>>18141779
>Omg no wot!
>tho
>typing like a faggot

I think we are starting to zero in on your problem here
>>
>>18141839

It was a joke you fag, chill.
>>
>>18141839
thats not op
>>
I have this problem too OP. I speak to 100s of people a day at my job (coffee shop) and I'm amazed by how rude some strangers can be. Sometimes they ask me things like "are you seeing anyone" and then shit all over it by suggesting he's cheating, or that I'm not worth keeping etc. Really mean things.

The only advice I can give is that you've got to have reasons why everything they say doesn't bother you. for ex I know he's not cheating on me because I trust him fully etc. Everytime they say something imagine it happening to someone else, someone who's confident: how would they react?
>>
girls are generally bitches to each other, far worse then men treat them. that's what ive learned from knowing many and having 6 SISTERS!

good luck

you will fin a nice group eventually
>>
>>18141872
I have 6 sisters too, sup!
>>
>>18141889
not OP by the way.
>>
>>18141836
Well, my issue is that it has happened to me so many times, pretty much whenever I go out to a place with peers, that I am beginning to wonder if I am the issue. That's why I was wondering if others experience this kind of "harassment" as frequently as me.
>>
>>18141889
awful wasn't it, a world of constant pms
>>
25 year old female here

The only time i notice that is in a work environment. Women in the workplace feel threatened by other women. Which is ridiculous because unless everyone is fucking the boss, there's no reason for it.

I have to admit I usually don't bother with most people unless I have a real conversation with them but I don't limit that to females.

The best advice I can give is to stop caring. Or make the effort and talk to them, change their mind. This sometimes backfires though
>>
>>18141512
OP i live in the midwest and have attended business conferences and things of the sorts where i have to get to know people. generally, unless the people are shy, (which some midwesterners are), the people are always typically nice but not fake cashier nice. i have to travel to LA a lot because i'm a fashion merchandiser and the people aren't nearly as nice. i think it might be all the competition or something making the air heavy who knows. all i know is that it's not you and definitely just the people around you
>>
>>18141280
None of those situations really seem rude. Of course they can be but normally people don't notice others around and are just straightforward, most groups don't want any newcomers at first, most people who have friends are not particularly friendly or open to random strangers. You are just waiting for the contact and want to meet new people, this is why you notice such things. Most people who are not looking for friends don't really pay attention nor think what kind of impression they give, how friendly they are.

Also, because you are an adult, you meet lots and lots of people that you have nothing in common with. Like, that second example can be rude or it can be just their personality that they are loud and obnoxious but don't think anything bad with it. The first example is very common for people who are straightforward and you noticed it only because you already had hoped to make friends. Introverted and nice people are just more ignored at first and if you expect to find friends, you see totally random encounters as rude.
>>
>>18141280

/robot poltard/ here.

Let me explain what you did wrong;
You randomly started talking to strangers.

>Almost every young adult I met was incredibly rude. I sat next to a woman my age and put all my stuff down for over 10 mins, until she demanded that I moved so all her friends could sit near her. This wasn't a "Hey, I really wanted to be near my friends, is it possible for you to scoot over a little?" She looked at me and said, "I need all these seats, so you'll have to move." then threw her book in front of me. I was debating on whether or not to take that from her, but since the seminar involved working in groups with each other, I didn't want to be next to this woman, so I just got up and left.

I need more details. Was she looking at you? Were there any empty seats you could have sat at instead?

Now, this being a conference, I'm sure most people were unfamiliar with their environment and most were just interested in learning some shit.
This means public transport rules apply, don't sit next to people if you can help it, don't chat to them. They're just here to get shit done and if they speak to anyone, it'll be with people they are more familiar with.

Now you're a girl, so you won't have experience in this, but in that situation, you were a creep.

>
At another seminar, we had to get in groups, I looked around and saw a few other women my age, and I asked to join them. They hesitantly said yes. Then, someone else said they didn't have a group, so then I said I would go with her. As I walked away, one of the women in that group said, "Yea, hunny... buh bye" and all the other women laughed.

No group likes the awkward outsider. They might have to watch what they say so the don't offend or have trouble with them.
Realistically, you should've bought your own friends.

>These were just a couple examples from when I went out this week. But these things frequently happen to me. At college. At work (when I first began working there).

1/2
>>
>>18141280

2/2
>These were just a couple examples from when I went out this week. But these things frequently happen to me. At college. At work (when I first began working there).

The majority of college educated people are snobby nosed assholes who'll mostly claim to be as tolerant as the sun is bright, all while sticking their noses down and generalising the entirety of the "uneducated" masses.

Man, fuck their opinions, this is coming from someone "uneducated" who understands the concepts of compounding debt.

Of course they are assholes. Virtue signalling secret assholes that pretend they are too good to shit.

>It weighs down on me so heavily because I have never witnessed this happen to anyone else (as an adult, aside from like, childhood bullies).

That's because everyone else that it happens to (/r9k/) becomes a shut in or learns to "hide their powerlevel".
Social manipulation/navigation is a game, you haven't even learned the rules

.>It has happened enough times to where it can't be that just "Oh people are assholes"
I'd argue that if it happens too much, either most people ARE assholes, or you're the asshole.
>>
>>18141280
What is your profession? I noticed these are your colleagues and not complete strangers.
>>
>>18141280
I get treated like shit most of the time too, no fucking idea why either. Like some people are either overly extra in wanting to help you or they're just really jaded from working

I lift, maintain a healthy lifestyle, have an attractive face, dress nicely, very outgoing and have superb social skills.

In college, women are either really friendly/touchy or intimidated by me I guess cause of my appearance/outgoing nature.

But in the real world all of that means jackshit, and u sometimes face to day to day encounters with assholes (especially the ones working retail)

A month ago, I was at Best Buy and this woman in her like 25-28 I had my eye on/kind of wanted to ask out/flirt with about her tattoo, was acting skeptical of a cable I returned and said she couldn't return it in a tone as if she thought she had all the power/for an ego trip. I'm naturally a stoic, so I don't really give a shit and said "that's fine"

Then I told her to wait "5 minutes" actually took 15 minutes then came back and gave her the one that made the stupid bitch change her mind. Then she was like "Sure we can return this"

I later slowly said "Like I don't get why you act skeptical" and she snapped with a "I'm not skeptical, I just know when an item has been used for more than what it's returned" in a harsher tone.

Then she would oddly come back to acting normal by saying "Do you want it returned on your card or instore"

I purposefully started acting aloof/delaying when I would respond to her to make her feel pathetic.

Then when she wanted to give me my receipt, I rose my palm and said in a soft tone "you can keep it" (in front of her manager/co-workers lol) and just walked.

That's when she realized how bitchy she was acting and said in a returned-to-state tone "give it 5 to 7 business days to receive the refund on your account"

Idk if it's the city where I live or if the people working at retail are just shitty in general, but some people are disgusting nowadays
>>
you're probably unattractive. it sucks but it's true. people are extremely superficial. i deal with this all the time, to be honest. even as adults, women still have that high school mentality of wanting to be friends with the popular/pretty/cool girl. dumb but true.
>>
>>18141280
You cant just invite yourself into an already established group. Unless you look and think like them. What you need to do is find the girl sitting by herself and make your own group. Otherwise you'll be known as the weird chick whp tried to sit with you
>>
i'm try my best not to be a redpill/fedora faggot, but here's a drop of wisdom
>women are cunts
>women around your age group are especially cunt-flavored cunts
as others have said, you also did a cold approach to strangers in your two examples. that's only going to amplify the cunt-level
>>
>>18141280
Are you really pretty or really ugly?
>>
>>18141574
Is it meekness really a target? I'm a girl and I act meek and polite, and people are always incredibly nice to me because of it.
>>
>>18142767
Can you read you faggot? She said she was sitting and minding her own business when a woman came up to her and made her move.
>>
>>18143190
She also said she walked up to a group and asked if she could sit with them
>>
>>18143195
I meant this part
>This means public transport rules apply, don't sit next to people if you can help it, don't chat to them.
As far as I can tell, in the situation specified above she did none of that.
>>
>>18143200
Yeah I agree on that part, wasn't the person who you were priginally speaking to but that sounds a bit extreme. I think buddy wanted to give her advice for all situationtions but don't agree with that part at all. Some of the best conversations Ive had were with strangers
>>
>>18143170
Honestly, only to bitches. Most people will be nice if you're nice, but some women will prey on the weak because it bolsters their self-esteem. I used to be like you when I was really young, and was mercilessly bullied. I learned to modify the vibe I give off, and now everyone stays the fuck away from me and leaves me alone - if that's what I want.

Bitch face - learn it. You can turn it on and off as you see fit. It's really great. I usually always have my bitch face on, until I want to interact with someone (cashiers, waiters, employees, peers, teachers, etc.) and then I let it fall away completely and am sweet as honey. People react extremely well to it, lol.

People will not fuck with you.
>>
>>18143109
I would add to this that social media had created a frenzy of wannabe celeb "I want to be the best, prettiest, and hottest. A society that lives and feeds off its own narcissistic vanity. They get these waist clinchers and lip kits to try feel a little better about themselves. They know in the end they're just another forgotten face in the crowd, who is just going to be a dried up old lady someday. Try get a hobby or play video games online, you'll make some friend's who will accept you
OP >>18141280
>>
File: 1488610456832.png (49KB, 160x196px) Image search: [Google]
1488610456832.png
49KB, 160x196px
>>18142849
> I'm naturally a stoic, so I don't really give a shit
>go on to describe in exacting detail what a comically indignant passive aggressive faggot you are over the most trivial shit in the world
>>
>>18141910
Yes! All the damn time.
>>
File: 1489934159269.jpg (101KB, 615x818px) Image search: [Google]
1489934159269.jpg
101KB, 615x818px
>>18141280
Tits or gtfo
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.