[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a friend who isn't good with women. He tends to become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 2441654.jpg (566KB, 3008x2000px)
2441654.jpg
566KB, 3008x2000px
I have a friend who isn't good with women. He tends to become way too invested way too early to the point that it has to be sending off red flags to these girls left and right.

For example, on his first date with the last girl he was with (this lasted a month, if that) he was taking pics with her on his Snapchat. On the second date, he was putting pictures of them together all over his instagram and snapchat. Is this not weird/inappropriate?

I told him he shouldn't be doing that kind of stuff so early on. I told him you should wait until you're in an actual relationship before putting stuff like that all over social media. I think this is playing a part in scaring these girls off. Am I wrong? And was I wrong for advising him to stop doing that?
>>
>>18141274
>I have a friend who isn't good with women
you are on anonymous board you dont have to lie its your friend who needs advice
>>
>>18141281
Did you even read my post? That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>18141284
Yea you just need advice if u gave him good advice, that sounds so true
>>
>>18141290
I'm asking if I was wrong in telling him to stop because he got mad at me.
>>
>>18141294
No you were right
>>
You are right. He probably won't see the light just because you point it out, but you've done your friendly duty by telling him anyway.

If he bitches about girls not responding or whatever, just tell him "you know what I think about that" and if he plays dumb tell him again that he should give things more time. If necessary, tell him it would scare you off if a random girl did that right away, too.
>>
File: 1360863113598.gif (789KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1360863113598.gif
789KB, 245x180px
>>18141274
You are right and you did a good thing. Hopefully your buddy will figure it out soon.
>>
>>18141332
One night over the summer he told me how he loved a girl he had been on just a few dates with.

I never said anything to him about that because I would have felt too bad.

But I definitely criticized him in particular for the social media pictures he took literally on the first two dates. I don't know. To me, that's really bizarre behavior
>>
>>18141348
It is bizarre behavior. It sounds like he is so desperate for a relationship that he cannot possibly conceive of going on a date with someone and not being instantly smitten. Let alone how he'd feel if he wasn't instantly smitten and she seemed to already be brimming with expectations and eagerness to show the world they belong together.

And apart from how intimidating and invasive it is to do that kind of stuff right away, if someone tells you they love you after a few dates then you can rest assured that they don't know the difference between infatuation and love. And don't realize that love isn't supposed to be about just finding someone hot and being charmed by them. Which in itself is extremely unattractive because it shows emotional immaturity and lack of understanding of how love actually works.

I can understand not wanting to rub painful stuff like that in his face, but I do think it's important to stick to your guns. It's not the best position to be in but it's part of being someone's friend trying to help them grow even if it's not the path of least resistance for you personally. Take consolation in that he will in hindsight realize you tried to help him if he gets offended. (And obviously there's no need either to spontaneously talk about this stuff. Just don't gloss it over when he fishes for your critique/input.)
>>
>>18141372
>Let alone how he'd feel if he wasn't instantly smitten and she seemed to already be brimming with expectations and eagerness to show the world they belong together.
You nailed it, but that's the whole problem. He'll fall in love with any girl who shows him even the slightest bit of attention. Even if they're not interested in dating him.

The social media thing is just more of a symptom than the actual problem. I don't think I made that clear enough to him.
>>
>>18141393
Maybe you need to use an analogy. Like how he'd feel if he got a job offer he didn't really know what to think of yet because it was a new field and he was still trying to grasp what it would actually entail and what his day to day responsibilities would look like, and then they kept reaching out to tell him that [if he said yes] they wanted him to be at a conference in a week, or if he'd be willing to give a statement as new employee to some source.

Maybe not the best analogy... maybe there's something more suited to his own life, as well.

Basically try to break it down to him that the reason why the snapchats aren't okay is because they are still just going on dates. The definition of dating is that you are looking to see -whether or not- you are suited for a relationship. Unless he has clear signs to convince him of the opposite, he should assume that she's on the fence and still testing the waters.
Posting pictures of the two of you together (or taking them to begin with) is a couple-y thing that seems to subtly move from going on dates to starting to date seriously territory. And if the girl is still on the fence (which she presumably is), that's intimidating and makes her more likely to nope out before he takes it further still.
>>
>>18141416
You're right, I've gotta find another way to get the point across. He got really defensive and told me what he does is none of my business which is wrong because 1. he's my friend and 2. he literally made it everyone's business by putting that shit all over social media.

I'm going to try to talk to him again about it when he calms down.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.