[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently ended relationship, already have a chance for a new one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1488475235872.jpg (790KB, 980x1308px) Image search: [Google]
1488475235872.jpg
790KB, 980x1308px
My ex asked for a break, I broke up with her. Plain and simple. I figure, our relationship had its share of issues, and yes, we could have worked on them, but to do that you kind of have to be together and not just go on 'breaks'. Personally, I think breaks are bullshit. You can give your partner time and space without going on a break just fine, but no, my ex wanted a break so I went for complete separation instead.

Naturally, she's freaking out, but that's not why I'm here now.

See, I know this girl who's had a thing for me since quite a while back, we actually met and befriended each other due to some shared hobbies, then she moved abroad and we kept in touch via Skype, IM and so on. After a while I realized I was starting to crush on her, and just after that happened she confessed her feelings to me. Given that I was in a relationship, I turned her down and minimized keeping in touch. I was also honest about this to my girlfriend, though she didn't like that I hadn't completely cut off the girl. Whatever.

Now I've been single barely a week and started talking with her again and she's brought up me visiting her or her coming back for a brief spell to our country. I know that she's not looking for a casual hookup and I'm not either, that's not what we're like.

But I never really went from one relationship to the next, and while I don't feel particularly torn up on the inside for this one ending I guess I still have some feelings left for the ex, and I'm not sure if it would be wise of me to just jump into a new thing with this other girl.

Or am I just overthinking here like crazy and I should give it a go?
>>
>>18140449
Is it a break, or did you guys break up?
>>
>>18140458

No, she wanted a break, I said that was bullshit and tried to talk with her about it, but she kept insisting on a break, so I basically said "Fuck it, you wanted a break, here's a break-up" and ended things between us.

Like I said in the OP, I can understand giving your partner some space away from you, and I offered that, but she kept insisting on a break, so I just cut through the bullshit and went for the end result of most breaks.
>>
>>18140449
Mind sharing more about your ex freaking out? I want to know how the whole "break" idea is working out for her.
>>
>>18140463

Bombarding me with calls and messages and emails and social media stuff. So far I had 5 different numbers blocked on my phone and about a dozen different email addresses.

She's only tried to talk with me once in person after I ended things, tried to block my way out of a room, but I just picked her up and moved her to the side.
>>
>>18140464
>tried to block my way out of a room, but I just picked her up and moved her to the side.
Nice

What does she try and say?
>>
>>18140466

Most of the time it's just "I didn't want us to break up", but given that she didn't want to try working on things and kept insisting on a break, I have no idea what she was trying to accomplish.
>>
>>18140472
She probably likes drama and games. I like how it backfired in her face and she realized she fucked up.

I think if you feel pretty much nothing (albeit still something) toward your ex then I don't see why you shouldn't go for this other girl.
>>
>>18140462
Oh, so she insisted on getting a chance to ride the cock carousel instead of being an adult and working through your problems together.

Fuck that hoe. She clearly is unable to have a meaningful relationship - because that would take effort on her part. Boo-fucking-hoo.
>>
>>18140473

I guess I just feel this weird kind of sadness. Really thought we were going to go the distance, we'd been together for more than 2 years and like I said we had our issues, but fuck it, you're supposed to work through those, not just distance yourself from them.

>>18140474

No idea if she wanted to bang someone on the side during the break, I haven't really noticed any sign of this, but then again, it's not like people were never fooled by their partners before, so it's not out of the question.

Granted, I don't think she's had the time to do so since the break-up given that 99% of her time, she's trying to reach out to me.
>>
>>18140479
>you're supposed to work through those, not just distance yourself from them.
Exactly. It sounds like she didn't have the maturity for a long term relationship anyway.
>>
>>18140479
Well, of course not. She fucked up. Her plan was to put you aside while she went and saw "what's out there" so she could be sure she was getting the best deal. She wanted to have you on standby - in case she wanted to come back - while simultaneously absolving herself of any guilt associated with cheating because, "WE WERE ON A BREAK! IT DOESN'T COUNT!!!"

Nope.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.