[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Generlized Anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1488140047897.png (403KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488140047897.png
403KB, 1920x1200px
Does anyone here have or have had generalized anxiety disorder?
I'm trying to figure out If I have an anxiety disorder but I am skeptical of self diagnoses.
>constantly worry about being attacked or having my stuff stolen
>have intrusive thoughts of being harmed or killed.
>when doing work I get really stressed out because I feel like I need to do things perfect and I feel down if I think Its not good enough.
>have death anxiety and worry about existence every night
>dont sleep well and engage in distracting activities all day and night
Is this GAD?
>>
>>18140099

>Does anyone here have or have had generalized anxiety disorder?

Yup. Go see a doctor. He/She will help you out.

>I'm trying to figure out If I have an anxiety disorder but I am skeptical of self diagnoses.

You should be skeptical because you have absolutely no medical training. Go see a doctor, you know, the people that have gone to school for years to learn how to diagnose people.
>>
>>18140104
I just wanted to be sure before investing time and money into it, I sometimes go to the doctor with something and its usually nothing. I get it in my head that I might have something bad and go just to be sure. Like a hypochondriac, but I'm not super bad. I'm more skeptical of my fears because I think there is a degree of irrationality to them.
>>
>>18140099
I have GAD and what you say sounds similar to what I experience, however mine is more rooted in social situations and things just going wrong than violent encounters.

>>dont sleep well and engage in distracting activities all day and night

Get this under control ASAP. I've seen a psychiatrist and they gave me pretty basic information to go with the drugs but basically sleep regulates your hormones and thus your emotional stability. Pick a time to be in bed by and get at least 7-8 hours of sleep at night, and have a meal when you wake up. Keep this up and absolutely keep a structured routine and really pay attention to caffeine intake, sugar, and exposure to bright screens before sleeping. Getting up and moving around and not sitting, and only laying down in your bed to sleep or for sex will help you fall asleep easier since you're releasing some adrenaline by moving and making your body associate your bed with it being time to sleep. If none of that helps you should definitely seek out a psychologist to up root anything that's bottling up and making you anxious.
>>
>Going to a psych so you can be strung out on Xanax all day

Ignore the Pharma shills ITT unless you enjoy becoming an addict for life to dangerous benzodiazepines or Z-drugs which can and do trigger seizures and neurological damage over time and with withdrawal (all clinically documented in the literature).

AVOID ALL DOCTORS SELLING YOU ON BENZOS
>>
Try smoking weed. It has helped me so much. I feel more calm and relax. It also aids with sleep. Limit your time with it though to avoid becoming a pot head.
>>
>>18140759
this sounds really helpful, thank you. I will write this down and try it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.