[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Tattoo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (311KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
311KB, 480x480px
Hello guys, I am thinking of doing my first tattoo but i'm hesiatating on chere to do it.

I want to have a tanit symbol like pic related (middle finger) but I am unsure If I want it on my finger, my wrist or my neck.

I know I'll have to chose by myself in the end but I thought I'd ask for your opinion on that or anything you want to share about getting tattooed for the first time.
>>
>>18139233
if you're on the fence about it, I would suggest sitting on it longer and not do it yet.

also, draw it on w a sharpie and see how you like it.
>>
Why would you like that tattoo there? What is your relationship to Tanit? And why is important to show everyone around you?
>>
File: 1389669822222.png (506KB, 847x681px) Image search: [Google]
1389669822222.png
506KB, 847x681px
>>18139233

I worked in a tattoo shop for many many years. Here is my advice.

1. Don't come here for advice about tattoos. Read this post and abandon the thread because this is the only constructive reply you will read. This place is nothing but a bunch of teenage edgelords with superiority complexes who think that every thing popular is degenerate. If you have questions about being a virgin or living in your mom's basement, this is the place to come. Go somewhere else for real life advice. ANYWHERE else.

2. Be wary of finger tattoos. The thin skin around your fingers and toes do not hold ink well and although the tattoo will look great for a brief period they fade VERY quickly. It will need to be touched up every 5 years or so to avoid it fading and looking kind of blobbish, and ANY tattoo artist worth their salt will advise you against getting anything with any significant amount of detail because those little dots and lines will fade in a matter of a few years.

3. Avoid job killers unless you're absolutely positive about what career path you want. "Job killers" are what we called visible tattoos on the hands or neck. A lot of the professional world is still very anti-tattoo and a tattoo on your hands or neck will most certainly change the way people look at you, employers specifically. Weigh your options heavily. It will be there for the rest of your life. Its not a decision that should be taken lightly.
>>
>>18139239
>>18139239
>if you're on the fence about it, I would suggest sitting on it longer and not do it yet.
I'm pretty sure about wanting it, I wanted one back in high school more than 5years ago and it's been constantly bugging me off since last summer, but yeah I still plan to wait at least until summer if not next year to be sure about it.

>draw it on w a sharpie and see how you like it.
Actually it would be a good idea,to try, I don't know why i didn't think about it. Gonna do it with Hanna to see if i'm happy with it.

>>18139247
>Why would you like that tattoo there?
there because it's aesthatic. As to why I want a tattoo, i couldn't really say, I just want it, not like a fluke but more like a deep desire.

>What is your relationship to Tanit?
It relates to my ancestry and i'm proud of it

>why is important to show everyone around you?
I don't want to show it to anyone, i want to do it for me.

>>18139256
>The thin skin around your fingers and toes do not hold ink well and although the tattoo will look great for a brief period they fade VERY quickly
Very interesting point thank for that.

and yeah I know I should be wary of advices here, thanks for the concern. But i feel the need to talk about it.

Thanks for the concern, you sound like a great person.
>>
>>18139262
>I don't want to show it to anyone
Then don't put it on your hands numbnuts. Putting it any visible place on your body makes it a communicative act.
>>
>>18139233
This is bait.
>>
>>18139273
By that I meant I dont want to it to show it, it's for myself.
I don't mind people seeing it, but I do it for me first.

>>18139277
Why do you think so?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.