[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I quit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: I WANT TO DIE.png (451KB, 734x500px) Image search: [Google]
I WANT TO DIE.png
451KB, 734x500px
I just started working at an Edo Japan. (like a weeb) I was pressured into this job by my mom and the school I currently attend. (need job to graduate and mom wouldn't buy insurance for my car until I got a job.) I was fine with this situation until i started working. I thought I would spend my days enjoying the task of rolling sushi but the job is nothing like I expected it would be. the main reason I want to quit is I am basically a mute I can't yell if my life depended on it. I say things much to quietly for customers and the cooks to here me so theirs always unfilled or messup orders. they also don't let me wear jeans I have to wear dress pants everyday (my dress pants need some tailoring because I usually wear them with boots that make me taller) . also I suck at smiling as in when I smile I look like i'm being held hostage. When I work the cash I stumble through it and often put the wrong things in or I,m unsure what they ordered I also press the wrong things or miss somethings.(the menu is big and the customers are Picky fucks) I have to be pushy and try to sell more things. Also for some reason edo japan treats its self like its some high end restaurant when its freaking fast food.

I want some advice on how to quit while your still or just finished training. I also don,t care if I am unemployed I can bs the school papers and parents bought insurance for next 6 months but i do want to quit on good terms so its not impossible for me to get a job in future

Anybody who has quit while they were still in training tell me how it went for you

>Tl;DR
>Got job I need a loud voice and nice smile for.
>Don't have a loud voice.
>Whenever i smile I look like I'm being held hostage.
>Don't like pushing customers to buy more things
>Have to wear dress pants
>Only has 1 dress pants (that needs fixing)
>I want to quit now while I am still in training
>But i want to leave on good terms
>>
I forgot to mention the hat they gave me does not fit my big head and it looks funny
>>
>>18138680
>>18138807
You're likely not going to be happy at any low-level job and it sounds like that's all you're qualified for.

Honestly OP, nut the fuck up and deal. It'll likely be good for you. The mere fact that you threw in >the hat they gave me does not fit my big head and it looks funny

is fuckin ludicrous. You've got some serious growing up to do, jesus christ. Go ahead and quit (it'll look bad regardless of how you do it) and end up at an even worse job.
>>
cool this has helped me make up my mind and ill just floor it into oncoming traffic on my way to work hopefully that will be enough to kill me and ill just leave a note to check here for the reason why I died and I mentioned the hat because I thought it was personally funny like a haha i'm not meant for this job

well time to go enjoy the moments of my life where I actually have made up my mind because if every job is like this id rather not live
>>
the fuck do you mean you can't speak loudly? that's not a thing
you don't need a good smile, any smile is fine, nobody gives a shit if you're happy, that's not the point, it's to make you look like you're trying to be friendly.
most jobs want you to upsell people at some point
dress pants are better than jeans, they look better and you're not a fucking cowboy.
if you had a job you could afford more pants
just stop showing up, you're going to get fired for being an incompetent baby anyways.
>>
I am also surprised they haven't fired me im just a waste of their money
>>
>>18138965
uhhhhhhhhhh every job isn't like this. Jesus fuck, did you even read?

LOW-LEVEL. Entry level jobs. I'm guessing this is your first job and you're acting like you're owed something more? If you're stuck in some shit like this a decade later, you THEN have permission to kill yourself. This is childish as fuck my guy, you need to get it together. You must get money from your parents, because I was happy as fuck to work at a concession stand so I could finally go to McDonalds when I wanted.

And fuck you if you ruin someone else's shit because you're having a hissy fit. If you go into oncoming traffic you damn well better be on a bicycle you selfish shit.
>>
>>18138965
>cool this has helped me make up my mind and ill just floor it into oncoming traffic
I'm not happy that you want to kill other people too, but if you'll be dead I'll take it. make sure not to wear your seatbelt
>>
>>18138993
Not OP, but if you can generalize that any low-level job is like this, how do other jobs differentiate apart from skill qualifications and authoritative level?
>>
>>18139011
I don't understand your question. At all. How do you differentiate???

There's basically call-center, food service and retail. That's your low level first job type shit. Then you've got things that suck less, because you get further and further away from dealing with customers aka life-ruiners, or your work is more interesting as well as getting paid more. I don't understand wtf you're asking.........
>>
>>18139023
Let's say OP skipped low-level jobs altogether and got a degree/some other form of training. Would a higher level job not suck as much given OP's attitude or are you gonna run into the same issues no matter what job you take? Are some people not meant for low-level jobs, or if you can't do a low-level job, you'd fail anywhere else?
>>
>>18139060
Actually- fair point. With OP's attitude he's going to miserable at ANY job. I can only imagine him still bitching about a cushy job like mine.

I think the majority of people aren't 'meant' for low level jobs; but they should be able to nut up and work until they can get to where they want.
>>
If anybody is keeping up with this here is how it happened

>supervisor took me aside and we talked
>she explained kindly that I was not cut out for the job
>said i can come back if I were to get some more experience
>paid me up front in all cash for the time I worked
>told me to stop by sometimes
> I plan to get a job with less standards
>>
>>18139752
fix your fuckin attitude first
>>
>>18139758
no ill stay a useless pile of shit for the rest of my life
>>
>>18139752
>works in fast food
>going to find a job w less standards
>thinking this exists

surejan.jpeg
>>
oh and one I say picky customers i mean extra picky someone demanded that their noodleful bowl be in a bowl and the manager tried to explain that it comes in the takeout container. also an order was messed up it could have been my fault but I am sure to repeat orders so if I do mess up it can be fixed and he demanded that the cooks remake everything
>>
>>18139783
I would consider Edo a mix of fast food and restaurant and the man reason they gave me was I don't smile and yell welcome at the customers
>>
>>18139790
>>18139797
excuses excuses jfc these aren't real issues. you are. see you next thread about quitting the job after this one because of all the various reasons you just can't handle it and how awful it is
>>
>>18138987
Bro, you sound like you just want to quit because you feel like you suck.

You are still in training for goodness sake. This is the whole reason of training, to train you to be good at the job. You need to give it a chance.

Give the job 1 month after training and if you still absolutely can't stand it then quit. Trust me, every job feels like this at firsr, but once you get into the rhythm of things it's not so bad. You just can't give up at the first sign of difficulty.
>>
jobs always suck at the beginning, even the simplest ones. you learn to not suck over time. practice makes perfect. you have to actually try to improve, though.

and it would be a dick move to quit when your parents already bought the insurance for you, baby.
>>
File: received_1258320074264311.png (780KB, 960x690px) Image search: [Google]
received_1258320074264311.png
780KB, 960x690px
>>18138965
Holy fuck dude

Yeah don't actually cite this when you off yourself. It'd be really hard on your parents to come here and see what an absolute disgracful waste they poured thier lives into to raise. They probably already know they fucked up by not aborting you, but don't add more insult to injury.
I doubt you've developed any real self awareness outside of your selfish impulses, but any decent person would be ashamed and embarrassed of themselves for acting the way you are.
Fuck I want this to be bait so bad. What the hell is wrong with you OP?
>>
>>18139818
He does suck, just look at this whineyass thread. I know OP is a kid, but he's made it clear he thinks it's fine to not bother trying or to say he's just "not cut out" for something and he's going to continue to do so. He clearly seems to feel like he's owed a job that he's 'totally cut out for' right from the jump and won't put in any work to get there.

Don't waste your time.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.