[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dog is dying, what do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5297.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5297.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I have lost a dog before, but it happened kinda suddenly. The current situation is: doggo was diagnosed with a tumor in his pancreas, and is currently too weak for surgery. Prognostic is for one week to two months.

I need suggestions on how to comfort him. He isn't in pain or suffering. I don't have the balls to put him down and don't see a reason for it if he isn't in pain.

I'd really like to give him the best food he can have, but he isn't eating well recently. What kind of food would you give to your dog? I'd like to give him a huge ass steak but don't know if he'll eat it. It's a 14yo maltese

>pic related
>>
Be best to seek a vet's help but since he is too weak, my guess is just give him food he has loved and liquify it so that it's easier for him to eat
>>
>>18138371
Sorry to hear that anon you should ask the vet for food but try to always be with him and pet him make him feel that you're there for him. I know it's difficult but I'm sure you have 14 years worth of good memories to cherish
>>
>>18138375
My mom just gave me the news from the vet. I don't know what he said in specifics, I only know he gave some meds to comfort him since surgery is out of the picture.
>>
Take him for a ton of walks, places he's never been. Streets, parks, woods, whatever. If he normally doesn't sleep on your bed/in your room, let him. Give him treats often and just spend more time than you normally would with him.
>>
>>18138399
He doesn't go for walks usually, but I guess that's a good idea. He always sleeps with my parents, we never had the courage to make them sleep out of the bed.

Today I put him inside my jacket like I did when he was younger to heat him in the cold. I'm gonna miss him so much...
>>
File: 1487571379494.png (112KB, 354x363px) Image search: [Google]
1487571379494.png
112KB, 354x363px
>>18138371
give him all his favorite foods/treats and lots of pets. sorry anon that's rough
>>
>>18138371
I don't want to make you feel worse, but you can't always tell when an animal is in pain because they aren't as emotional about it as humans are. They kinda just suck it up and deal with it.

I know how you feel though, I lost my dog about two Christmases ago. She probably had cancer. I ended up shooting her. It haunts me to this day. But it is better than letting them suffer.

I guess you know your dog best, just try to be objective about when you think they don't have a reasonable quality of life anymore.
>>
>>18138461
He doesn't seem too shaken by it. Despite the symptoms, over those 14 years he never was too much into eating. Sometimes he'd only eat every other day.

All in all I'd say he's still at 70% his top health. There are other few things due to his age like less hearing and sight but unrelated to the tumor. I'd definitly put him down if he was suffering, as much as it would hurt me, but despite the tumor, he's still the same dog, just old.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.