[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to escape insane family (serious post)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

TL;DR - I am being held by my family against my will and I don't know what to do.

Without going into too much detail, I came to Calgary to live with my grandparents. I decided to move here but I bought a return ticket just in case.
I told them that I actually want to leave because I didn't tie up all my loose ends. At first one of them says it's ok, then they discuss it and it's a massive issue - they're trying to manipulate me and guilt me into staying, I think they might completely try to bar me from going.
I'm changing details of this, it's actually scarier than I can convey here.

Should I try to find a place to stay for the week and a half I have remaining on my ticket? Or just ride it out? I don't know anyone here.
Horrified, /adv/.
Please help.

No car, airport is 6 hour walk away.
>>
bump

please i need your help
>>
Just get your stuff hide it outside every so often say you're going out for a walk like 2 days before you have to leave then grab your stuff walk to the airport camp out till your flight

Include me in the screenshot
>>
>>18137937
From what you said it seems like you're exaggerating things, you'll need to provide more detail. It seems like your grandparents think you're getting cold feet, so they're trying to convince you to stay. Ride it out and leave if you wish, you're an adult after all

Btw, I live in Calgary, there's a bus that goes directly to the airport from downtown and another from sandstone. You can always just take a taxi too
>>
>>18137961
Over 50 lbs worth of stuff I brought with me.
Should I just leave it?

Been considering asking strangers in coffee shops if I can stay with them.
I can't take another day in this house, it's chaos. I've been tricked and I think I'm being watched
>>
>>18137966
I have to leave out a bunch of details so I can't be identified.
I'm by a stop for the 302. I don't have a lot of money, need to save money to check my bags.
How much is it?
Amerifag btw
>>
>>18137937
what do you mean "bar me from going"?
they are old. just push them out of the way?
what are you talking about?
6 hour walk? get a cab! can't be more than $30 USD.
>>
>>18137966
For example they started telling me elaborate lies about where I came from, trying to convince me that I brought a "presence" here (WTF), forcing me to get a SIN and making sure they know where my travel docs are.
I'm leaving out the scariest details.
Please believe that this is not an exaggeration, and some elements of the story are changed so I can deny this post - I found a keylogger on my laptop on day 2.
>>
>>18137977
"Grandparents" is a substitute, they're not my grandparents. I have $6 CAD and a week and a half more in this bizarre fucking house.
I wish I could tell the whole story but I have to be careful what I say on here
>>
>>18137985
well if it is as bad as you say then staying is a bad stratigic move. they know they have to make a move on the day you have to leave and then they will make it (they might not -
you might be overreacting).
so if you are assuming they will use force or steal your passport then you need to get the shit you need now and get out before they do something you can't fix like destroy your passport. you'd be stuck for 2-4 weeks if you went to US embassy and probably 6 months if you went the normal way of getting passport.
>>
>>18137966

I wish there was a way for me to safely ask for your skype here or something - I really need to tell someone the whole story, and involving the police will only further complicate things. One of the people holding me against my will is very well known here, knows everyone, and is a massive liar - nobody knows what he is truly doing out here.

God damn I wish I could tell the full story anons...

I'm also partially testing this wifi to see if it's bugged - to see if they'll mention this post to me.
I know this sounds paranoid and crazy, but if only you knew anons...

Please just treat it like it's how I said it is
>>
>>18137995
I locked my passport and birth certificate and other docs in my bag
>>
>>18137998
then how can they force you to stay?
>>
>>18138001
I don't know but I can tell they're about to try.
They're tight with the police, might tell them a lie.
Also they may get physical.

Really about to walk to Starbucks and ask random people if they can pick me up in the middle of the night... I don't care about my reputation here I just need to fucking hide
One of them is outside my door right this moment pretending not to be there.
>>
>>18137997
bugged wifi? use this URL: >>18137937

the "https" means encrypted so even if they are middleman your connection they can't read the packets from this page.

you could also proxy though ssh and encrypt everything even non https websites.
>>
>>18138006
are you sure your not schitzophernic? you sound like it desu.

is they can force you and you think they will then see my advice here: >>18137995

good luck if your right.
>>
>>18138009

Already on it my man, but ty for the suggestion :)
Someone installed something on my laptop on day 2, I managed to get it off. I've been way more careful since.
I was originally only going to post this thread on a Tim Hortons wifi but they block 4chan..
>>
>>18138015
keylogger? make a linux live CD from ubuntu, works pretty much like windows and no keylogger or other software you install will do anything when your using that.
>>
>>18138014
What did you mean by "get out"? I have nowhere to go for this remaining week and a half.

Also yes I know this post sounds crazy - me changing some of the facts so they can't identify me doesn't help.
Trust me when I say I'm in trouble and I need to leave, and quietly / soon
>>
>>18138019
I would, I don't have access to CDs, USBs, or the money to get those things.
>>
>>18138020
go to a mens shelter, can't do that go to the US embassy and ask them for help. you can remain anon there just prove your a citizen and say you have no where to go and are broke. dunno how far from you that is though. try creiglist?
>>
>>18138023

Best advice yet. Ty anon... Probably going to need to do something like this.
>>
>>18138021
>I don't have access to CDs, USBs
there must be one in the house if your grandparents keylogged ya.without knowing your password. also impressive grandparents thats not trivial.

you got a phone you can post with?
>>
>>18138029
Let's say the only USB here, they keep around their necks.
Nah no phone... Left all of that behind, they told me they'd be getting me a phone out here. Now they seem almost paranoid to let me have one..
>>
>>18138029
Plus even if I get the money together to get a USB or some CDs, and I'm unhackable, that doesn't get me out of here. It just makes it safer to shitpost on mongolian ping pong forums.
>>
>>18138035
>Nah no phone... Left all of that behind, they told me they'd be getting me a phone out here.
how old are you, can you give me the nearest decade? 20? 30?
why would you leave your phone. how is your life so detached from america? are you young? did you cancel your cell plan?
>>
>>18138039
Closer to 30 technically but in the middle there.
I cancelled my phone because I was planning on moving here, and my old phone carrier doesn't have coverage up here. They needed the phone back or else fees, so I sent it away.

I tried to leave my life there behind me... Now I'm realizing it wasn't so bad at all..
>>
Non of this makes sense. And not because of 'altered' details. OP is a loon.
>>
>>18138048
Anon, literally fuck yourself, my life is threatened here, literally drink bleach.
>>
I'd recommend following this anon's
>>18137961 advice. Take some essentials from your luggage, enough to fit in a medium backpack. Create a ploy such as going for a walk or just sneak out in the middle of the night and haul ass to the airport or a bus stop. It might be worth asking a stranger at Starbucks for a lift, if you're desperate. Overall, don't try and wait it out, especially if you think they're going to stop you. Keep it quiet and make sure your ass is covered. Good luck and godspeed, OP.
>>
>>18138048

In case you can't understand, I'll make it simple for you

- I'm being kept against my will in a house of people who are telling me lies and trying to manipulate me into staying, they have revealed they will do more drastic things to make sure I don't leave

- I don't know anyone here and have nowhere to go (MAYBE. Came to this board to see what kind of possibilities there are for going somewhere to hide until my ticket. >>18138023 was very helpful)

- The people who are keeping me are very well known in the area so I have to be careful who I talk to here, one of them has people (including the rest of the people I'm living with) believing really bizarre bullshit, in order to cover up the fact that he's working on a really intense government project and also cheating on his wife and mother of 5 of his children. He has a propaganda chokehold on everyone he knows.

Is that enough info for you?
I can't talk about the worst parts so that's the best I can do.
I need to get the fuck out and ASAP.
>>
>>18138054
Ty anon.
Don't try to wait it out? So like, camp out at the airport?
>>
>>18138061
this is actually an extremely good idea. homeless people live at airports a lot.
they don't kick you out if you leave for the day, they think you are a commuter. people do sleep at the airport, its normal. just try and keep you and your cloths clean so you don't look like a bum.

another problem though is that if they report you as a missing person the cops will look there.
>>
>>18137937

If they're as important as you say they are, maybe you're being groomed as an human sacrifice.

Obviously we don't know all the details but you've put yourself in the perfect victims situation. Nobody knows who you are there so it'd be easy for them to do to you what countless other psychopaths have done under the guise of being 'helpful strangers'.

You need to have left yesterday. 6 hours? start walking, not on a main road, take only what you need and gtfo.
Your life is more valuable than your things. Never put so much trust in strangers again.
>>
>>18138067

Maybe I'll see if the airline can move my flight to an earlier date..
I just don't have access to a private phone.

Ty anons. I'm going to start preparing.
I really don't want to leave all of my shit behind - I brought all my best, most expensive clothes, and all my favorite books..
But I guess this can all be replaced..
Fuck I fucked up so bad coming out here. I wish I had known it was all a lie..

Any other advice is welcome..
Thank you all...
>>
>>18138061
Definitely don't spend the rest of your week and a half there. However, it may be worth delaying a few days before the deadline, because like this anon >>18138067 said, if they report you as missing the police will probably check there first. Camping at the airport or seeking out a shelter is probably your best bet.
>>
>>18138074
if this isn't bullshit you should post the real story after you get back home. hopefully ill be online that day or it gets capped
>>
>>18138082

I really want to. I guess it'd be interesting as fuck if I wasn't 3000 miles from anyone I know and stuck in the middle of it.
>>
>>18137937
you are clearly paranoid. And you'll never realise it. It seems like a severe case of schizophrenia
>>
>>18138102
Yeah ok that's great.
I'll post the full story here when it's over, thanks anons.
>>
>>18138102
yeah textbook paranoid delusion if i ever heard one.
>>
Can you contact a US police department? They might be able to get someone from the embassy to pick you up, if you're being held against your will. You could ask someone at Starbucks to use their phone to make the call. Or maybe use skype to make a call. It'd be helpful if you can collect any evidence of what your grandparents are doing to you, so that police don't write it off as schizophrenia.
>>
>>18138057
this is bullshit.
you say you cannot tell too much in order for them not to identify you. Well, this post makes it absolutely clear for "them"
And yet you don't go into any details, even though it won't change anything
>>
>>18138134
yeah but they will never know they can only google keywords like their name, locality, etc.
unless they happen to browse this board during the time the thread is up....
>>
>>18138139
you cannot google anything that's going on here. Go, check. Coming to this place is the only way to read the messages
>>
>>18138139

This.
I gave battered information, nobody believed me.
I gave more information, "hurr durr why would you give us any information clearly you're lying"

The scoffing faggots in this thread are secretly envious that I'm not just sitting in the same room for years eating cheetos watching anime or whatever.
And that's funny - because now, I envy that
>>
>>18138109
I'll be waiting for a post with the same pic
>>
>>18138148

Give me a maximum of two weeks.
I'll keep the plane image so u kno it's me
>>
>>18137937
Call the airline. See if you can move your ticket up a few days.
>>
Deleting this thread now.

Thank you anons.
>>
...NO.
FUCK FUCK FUCK.
MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS FOR MY SAFETY
>>
>>18138145
the larger boards are crawled by google i know that. i wouldn't be surprised if especially long-lived threads here get crawled.
google crawls any site that gets decent traffic and most of them that dont unless the site's code has tags that tell the bots no to crawl.
>>
>>18138165
fortunately they'll read the top about some grandparents or something, which wouldn't apply to them.

trust me the first post was to throw them off, they don't understand the chans I believe

fuck i wish i could delete this thread.....
>>
>>18138165
GO CHECK
>>
>>18138169
no google doesn't prioritize any part of the page they would search for their name or town and google would match to the specific text. as long as you leave those details out your good.

>>18138170
you don't know how crawlers work.
>>
>>18138177
>you don't know how crawlers work.
enlighten me then
>>
>>18138179
google has servers that run bots that check a list of sites on the reg, all the sites with high traffic, because info that people want is almost certainly there, statistically.
the rest of their time is spend hitting hosts at random and pouring over all plain text on that hose, they use text cause its fast. they also go over images by hashing them.

i don't know for sure but very probably google bots only save significant words like nouns and verbs since their servers are limited, though they have about 2mil servers running.

how often 4chan get crawled really depends and what parts of it are crawled are anyone's guess. maybe based on traffic but probably random, because getting traffic info on subdomains is expensive and time consuming and these bots work very fast.

so maybe the thread will never show on google, maybe it will. i have seen 4chan thread content show on google, top result. im not pulling your chain.

interesting fact: google has searched less than 5% of the internet.
>>
>>18138199
hmm, that's interesting. Thanks for the info.
So you tell me that once they crawl the content it becomes always searchable or is it more complicated? Also, wasn't the thread you've seen an archived one?
>>
>>18137937
start walking the day before
>>
>>18137937
Well how old are you?
>>
>>18138208
>Also, wasn't the thread you've seen an archived one?
no on several occasions i have copy paste a bock of text into google from an active thread and found the top result to be the very post i copied from. seems to happen on unique blocks of text more and i assume older posts give the bots more time to read them.

> crawl the content it becomes always searchable or is it more complicated?
not sure how they store and catagorize search info. there must be a staggering amount.
i know that when you search on google their server only do a shallow search, meaning they only compare your input to popular search results that most people use for your search (they know which link you click after searching).
as you go through the resutlts pages google does deeper and deeper searches returning results that fewer and fewer people chose to use.
this is why you search a common thing and it says 2mill results but if you keep paging through that number shrinks to nothing very fast. thats because thats non total results, thats how the result pool is that your lookin into, if that makes sense. google doesn't know the real total results uless you force it to take a deep look into its data.

but i dont know googles algorithms specifically, could be using AI or something isk.
>>
>>18138219
>unless you force it to take a deep look into its data.
how can I do it?
>>
>>18138227
by going to the next page.
really only relevant to searches with huge number or results, so common searches.
you can see the "search results" change when you go to the next page cause they actually perform a brand new search, a deeper one you might say but maybe "deeper" is the wrong word. more specific, results that are less popular, a wider consideration of a milti-word search phrase, there are many things that they might consider.
>>
>>18138237
Ah, I get it now. Very interesting.
>>
>>18138057
Listen you little fuck, you're not going anywhere unless I say so.
>>
>>18138255
made me laugh
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.