[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of my best friends I used to talk to almost daily, died 6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Jill.gif (420KB, 616x338px) Image search: [Google]
Jill.gif
420KB, 616x338px
One of my best friends I used to talk to almost daily, died 6 months ago. He was only 24.

For anyone who's lost someone close to them, how long does it take for you to finally just move past them? Not forget them or ignore them, but to stop thinking about their death so much?

Any advice would do, I think about my friend still almost every day and it still hurts.
>>
>>18137912
I lost one of my best friends 3 years ago and I still think of him every day.

If you lose someone so close to you and so unexpectedly, you don't just move on - you basically learn to move around their death. Go to therapy, learn how to cope with it positively, and try to think about the happy memories you have with them and not about their death.
I'm sorry for your loss, OP
>>
>>18137920
Thank you, yeah I'm probably going seek out therapy and such soon
>>
>>18137912

It won't be easy at first. Time will tell. I still have dreams about my best friend who passed away 9yrs ago. It's a strange feeling seeing him in the dream, it's like he didn't die at all. Waking up from it sucks.
>>
>>18137912
I think it depends on what kind of person you are. I, personally, do NOT cope well with shit like this at all.

It's been 3 years since I lost one of my best friends, and I still cry about him about once a week. I don't like the fact that I feel like he simply doesn't exist anymore. I desperately want to believe in an afterlife of some sort, but I don't. Yet I can't handle the idea of him just not BEING anymore. Sometimes I write letters or talk aloud only to be disappointed that I don't feel like he sees or hears any of it.

I don't want to scare you OP; I don't want to put my shit on you. But honestly I haven't gotten over it, and I don't think I ever will. It's a low humming of misery, that will likely continue to grow into constant loud noise as I lose more people. I just don't think I'm wired that way, but I hope you're not the same. I'm really sorry. I wish there was something I could do- but knowing how I feel, I know there's not.
>>
>>18137912
>For anyone who's lost someone close to them, how long does it take for you to finally just move past them? Not forget them or ignore them, but to stop thinking about their death so much?
7 Years for me
But that was my little brother and I felt personally responsible for his death. Different for everyone though.
>>
Its the sort of thing, that seven years after losing my best friend, the first person to ever be truly kind to me, I'm still not OK with. Most days, I'm at peace with it. Hell, some days I don't even think about it. But every now and again I want to cry like baby like I did at her funeral
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.