[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Waste of my time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 1255439990318.jpg (90KB, 635x668px) Image search: [Google]
1255439990318.jpg
90KB, 635x668px
Met this girl online about a week ago. Been chatting and texting and the convo has been really good.

Hit her up earlier in the week asking if she'd want to catch a movie some time later in the week. She says 'Sure.' I ask her on Thursday if she's available Saturday evening. Her response is "Maybe. I was invited to something, but I'm not sure if I'm going or not lol." Says she'll get back to me. Haven't heard from her all day so ask her yesterday evening "So whats Saturday evening looking like?" She calls me a few hours later while in her car, makes some small talk about her work day and how she's on the way to a friend's house and makes no mention of Saturday. I tell her I'm still waiting to know what we're doing, she sort of dodges it and tells me she'll call me later.

It's Saturday morning. I don't have shit going on today and my evening is certainly free, but at this point I feel that if she hits me up in the next few hours saying she's up to get together tonight that I'd just be delivering the message that it is appropriate to string me along and not give me any real notice until the last minute like I have nothing better to do.

If she wants to go, tell her "I've already made other plans", or let it slide?
>>
>>18137789
You should tell her you made other plans if she tries to fuck with you with that last minute bullshit
>>
>>18137789
It's time to give up on this girl.

Playing too many games and clearly doesn't respect you enough to give a firm answer. If she was truly interested in you, she'd wanna meet you asap or set up plans for a different day where she knows she's available.
>>
>>18137789
So many red flags. Plus I bet if she makes a plan with ya she's pretty much gonna flake. She doesn't have a gut to meet you in real life but also don't want to let you go. I call bullshit. Forget it and find another one
>>
>>18137799
>>18137805
>>18137812
OP here. My thoughts exactly. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't taking it too personally or being petty or some shit. Appreciate it, guys.
>>
Mind games. Don't text her. Don't call. Make her put in some foot work. If she doesn't then you did yourself a favor.
>>
>>18137817
she is probably just a flake

>>18137789
your making a pretty big deal about this. who are you to her? some guy.
if you want the chance to make her care about you then go out with her when she makes the opportunity available.
>>
>>18137789
Go and make other plans, call a friend/friends, go out, ask out a different girl, hell go to the movie alone. Just don't sit home by yourself waiting for her to call.
>>
>>18138180

If you are going to sit home alone, pour a drink out and listen to some leykis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0_pIpR45MQ
>>
My advice, asking her to a movie was a beta guys move should have asked her to somehwere where you could have talked like coffee, a bar, shit if shes into it an art museum.
>>
>>18138186
That would not have made the difference here. Her behavior is not about level of interest, its about a lack of basic courtesy and respect. Being turned off by the date plans doesn't grant someone free reign to act like a bitch.

She could have respectfully declined or come up with an excuse rather than leading OP on.
>>
>>18137789
shes leading you on, she doesn't even have the respect to give you a yes or no

drop that bitch hard
>>
>>18137789
>>18137815
Any word from her yet, OP?
>>
>>18138076
>who are you to her? some guy.
if you want the chance to make her care about you then go out with her when she makes the opportunity available.

That goes two ways. She's also just "some girl." Why the fuck should he bend over backwards to make himself available any more than he already has to some random?
>>
>>18138565
thats up to him, like i said.
>>
>>18138589
Right, except that we're no longer really talking about a case where two people who are just relative strangers to one another and harbor the basic indifference with which you regard a stranger. She's actually given OP a reason to regard her with contempt by being disrespectful of his time. So I'm sorry, but your advice just seems strange to me because it sounds like you're encouraging OP to allow her to add insult to injury by turning the other cheek.
>>
>>18138550
A 'Hey you' about 15 minutes ago that I have not responded to.
>>
>>18137789

>tell her "I've already made other plans"?

only if you already made other plans. otherwise you just be honest and say 'i dont appreciate being treated like a lap dog'

thats assuming she'd even want to go though, chances are shes just hoping you'll never bring it up so she doesn't have to ever answer.

TL;DR not interested
>>
>>18138614
>regard her with contempt by being disrespectful of his time.
maybe its a reason for you. i really wouldn't care. if i found something else to do that night i would do it and if she called i would say im busy. i wouldnt as some kind of revenge but because its reasonable.
if i didn't find anything to do i would go out with her if she called. because, why not?
i wont be mad at someone for not being so committed to someone they are not in a relationship with that they will clear their schedule a week in advance.

>regard her with contempt
jesus settle down lol.
>>
>>18138653

white knight.
>>
>>18138647
>if i didn't find anything to do i would go out with her if she called. because, why not?

So that I'm 100% clear, you're saying that you don't care at all if you invite someone out somewhere days in advance, they show minimal interest and they continually avoid giving you any indication whatsoever of whether or not they'll be accepting that invitation until the last minute? That's what you're saying?
>>
>>18138673

some people are so used to being everyones 'last resort' that they think its normal.

despite how disrespectful it is to treat someone like their time doesn't matter and they should just be sitting there waiting in the event you need to do something.

had a boss who would treat me this way for weeks at a time, constantly scheduling dinners and making me wait til late just to cancel.

now i dont work for him and SURPRISE, he lost the business.
>>
>>18138673
yep. i mean, you can choose to get all butt hurt over it, or you go after a chance to at least get pussy if not find yourself in a good relationship.

your call man.
>>
>>18138716
Yeah ok buddy. Let me know how that whole "letting people disrespect you enough to deem you worthy of their respect" thing works out for you.
>>
>>18138722
haha you take shit way too seriously man.
thing here is she has something you want. pussy or relationship.

you have two options:
-go for it
-don't go for it

choosing the latter, because she huwt ur itty bitty feewings, boo hoo, is a bitch move.
your letting your ego get in the way. rookie mistake.
>>
>>18138727
Dude, you are really pathetic if you are so desperate that you'll just take any pussy or any relationship that someone throws at you. Christ, have some fucking self-respect.
>>
>>18138731
not about that. its about taking an impersonal gesture as a personal slight. its a stupid thing to do AND you choose to loose a potentially valuable relationship.

all based on the assumption that she not only had no reason to blow you off but also that she meant to insult you by it.

not only are you a spaz but your a fool too.
>>
>>18138735
Are you just willfully delusional? It has nothing to do with taking something personally or not, it has to do with the actual facts of how they're treating you.

It's a simple question of "Do you want to devote energy to someone who ignores you and treats you as disposable?" which this girl did. You'd have to be retarded to act like it's a complete non-issue and completely turn a blind eye because somehow magically she's relationship material despite blatantly showing you that she's willing to treat you like you don't matter all that much.

Like, it's fine to not be into someone. You let them know upfront or you don't show them any real interest. But you don't dangle some little "maybe I'm up to go out with you, maybe I'm not" carrot in their face. It's just childish.
>>
>>18138766
you have no idea what her motivations are OR why she didnt commit to the date, but here you arem, assuming them anyway.
i keep pointing this out and you keep ignoring it.

your being a fuckin spaz in this scenerio. not even giving her a chance. maybe she doesn't care about you enough to commit. does that mean you hate her now? why the fuck should she care? really who the fuck are you, anyway? lol. everyone owes you instant attention or you hate them wow.
>>
>>18138773
And you keep going to "motivations" as if they fucking matter. I have no idea what her motivations. But once again, I know what her actions are. And at that stage of getting to know someone, you are completely justified in not caring all that much as to "why" they treated you in a manner other than you'd like.

No one is being a spaz, you're just advocating for something wholly stupid which is that you should ignore what's right in front your face because MAYBE there was something more to it, when in the realities of dating no one has fucking time for all that 'what if' shit.
>>
>>18138801
>when in the realities of dating no one has fucking time
you don't have time for what? exactly?
to go out on a Saturday night because you have nothing else to do?

is that really your fuckin point here?
you cannot be serious.

you are a total spaz!
>>
The most accurate way to judge a SO's interest in you is how well they respond to messages.

Too well and they're a psychopath; too poorly and you mean nothing to them.
>>
>>18138806
they have not even gone on a single date. what exactly do you expect him to mean to him? they are NOT significant others.
they are not even friends just acquaintances.
>>
>>18138805
I'm done. You just want to argue. The point is very clearly "Don't make a priority of someone who treats you as an option" but you want to ignore it. You're literally the only person in this thread who didn't take issue with her behavior and it doesn't make you look like you're more laid back or experienced, it just makes you look like a desperate cuck.
>>
>>18138820
>Don't make a priority of someone who treats you as an option
no i don't ignore that.
your not making her a priority! HOW ARE YOU MAKING HER A PRIORITY.

you can sit at home and mope like a bitch
or
you can go out with a woman who might be worth a shit or at least might entertain you for a night!

>t just makes you look like a desperate cuck.
you are so offended, wow. such a fragile ego you have!
>>
File: IMG_0370.png (114KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0370.png
114KB, 640x1136px
Update
>1/3
>>
File: IMG_0371.png (136KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0371.png
136KB, 640x1136px
>2/3
>>
File: IMG_0372.png (139KB, 640x1136px)
IMG_0372.png
139KB, 640x1136px
>3/3

She then immediately followed up the text with a phone call to further apologize and I told her it was cool. Apology accepted, water under the bridge.
>>
>>18139417
>>18139413
>>18139411
You sperged a bit but if it worked out in the end whatever. Just don't be surprised if she loses interest.
>>
>>18139413
>Maybe. Let's play it by ear

I'm using that.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.