[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: FL5085.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
FL5085.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Can anybody please help me?
I'm a 30 years old male and I cannot use washing machine. The manuals of the washing machine doesn't even say which detergent compartment is for washing powder. So I put the washing powder to the middle compartment which has a sign "II" on it and is the biggest. Also the working diagram told "II" is the main wash, and "I" prewash, so it seemed logical. Then I chose 30 degrees, program number 7 and turned the power on. Anyway once the wash was finished, the washing powder was still there, totally unused and dry. I guess I should give one more try, maybe this time I should put the powder into the left bottom compartment? Any good ideas? It is Whirlpool FL 5085
>>
>>18137459
You're doing everything fine, but it looks like your washing machine is a bit dirty.
Wash the filter, wash the soap compartment, buy one of those washing machine cleaners.
Then try again.
>>
|| is the right one. As you observed yourself, | is for prewash, and requires a different detergent. I've never used that in my life.

Either you're using the wrong program, or the machine is broken. You can put detergent tablets directly into the machine, preferably in a small net, so it doesn't get entangled in your clothes and doesn't dissolve.

Post pics of your program chooser. Also, what are you washing. For normal cotton clothes, set it to 40 degrees instead.
>>
I don't see any traces of washing powder in the pic OP, but you're supposed to put washing powder in the centre compartment and fabric softener in the first/left compartment I believe.
>>
>>18137459
>>18137474
>>18137477
>>18137478

/adv/ - washing machine tech support
>>
>>18137459
it should be the I or II slot, if it doesnt work then its either broken or sometimes the machine stops to tell you that youve added too many clothes for its weight and waits for input and evevtually ends if you dont tell it to continue. Also slots on the left are for liquids only
>>
>>18137478
Yeah I already cleaned it just in case.
>>18137477
Those were darker clothes so I put the temperature a little bit lower to avoid color dispering.
>>18137474
Okay I'll try to check the filter, thanks!
>>
>>18137487
Does rarely happen, unless the clothes are new and previously unwashed, or you're using cheap detergents that are hard on the colors.

Post pics of program. I won't ask you again.
>>
File: FL5085_2.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
FL5085_2.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Few more pics
>>
File: FL5085_3.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
FL5085_3.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I'm really surprised that I cannot find answers to my questions from the manual. Maybe there are some better manuals out there somewhere in internet, but I couldn't find any.
>>
>>18137499
are you reading the right manual? lol
>>
>>18137499
What does the pic of the 7 program mean?
>>
>>18137483
Hey, at something is getting solved.

And it's good advice for single men living in council housing with appliances from the 90s.
>>
>>18137459
Speaking of manual. You could always 'go manual' and don't use a program. Switch out powder for a liquid detergent which you can just chuck in any of the right compartments. Don't wash any higher than 40c, spin at maximum, and do that for 35 to 40 mins. Might work for you. Do you also use a dryer? Or hang clothes outside?
>>
>>18137499
http://lastmanuals.com/manual/WHIRLPOOL/FL-5085
>>
>>18137499
My best guess is that the symbol on 7 means 'skip to end', and that it just spins and empties the water, without actually washing - just rinsing.
>>
>>18137530
Yep, beforehand I only found this:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1063233/Whirlpool-Fl-5085.html
>>
I also have a washing machine question:

after washing there are remains of the washing powder on my clothes. It is not visible on anything besides by black shirts, but then again I want them to be spotless.

Is it normal? Will changing a washing program help? Or is it a matter of the detergent?
>>
>>18137569
Pack less clothes and maybe switch to a liquid soap.
>>
>>18137577
how do I determine what "less" should be? is 1/4 of space left in the machine enough?
>>
>>18137531
this could be right

>>18137521
>Switch out powder for a liquid detergent
that is solid advice, everyone should do it, sometimes powder doesnt dissolve and leaves stains, liquids never do. especially for >>18137569

OP: try Option "6" or "9" instead of 7, also rapid wash "R" is great whenever your clothes are not really stained, rotations should always be max. If you get a new washing machine, never get one with less than 1200 rotations ( which means you almost need no dryer and save on electricity)
>>
>>18137569
1 put in less clothes. dont stuff the fucking machine full

2 the left over powder is likely due to using cold water rather than warm. if you're using cold, use liquid. warm breaks the crystals down better

3 if youre having trouble with the dark colors, use woollite liquid for dark colors
>>
>>18137616
only exception for rotations are thin silk or wool clothes, go as low as possible or even better wash them with your hands
>>
>>18137459
how the fuck do you even live? i have friends like you and while they're my friends, I could NEVER live with them. fucking useless when it comes to life skills. I've shown them twice how to do simple shit and still can't comprehend what the fuck is going on
>>
>>18137619
ok, ok I get it already. But again - what constitutes "less"? how much space should I leave?
Also, I just used 60C and the stain was there. Is 60 degrees considered cold?
>>
>>18137624
t-shirts and shirts in general are thinner so half to 2/3 full (so you can see a gap at the top) and if it's top load, so it's not touching the top of drum

heavier fabrics like jeans and pants should be half. same with towels

with a stain, either scrub with soap before hand or get a stain remover like oxyclean to use before
>>
>>18137624
Try a different approach. Hand was stains with a powder paste. Get like Vanish Oxy action or something. Switch to liquid detergents. Use liquid and throw a little of that stain remover powder in there too. Wash and Spin for 35 mins on 40c, highest speed. Stop relying on fancy auto programs. If you have an older machine they hardly ever work the way they are meant to.
>>
>>18137633
ok, thank you very much.
Could additional rinsing also help?

>>18137636
on my machine I can't even set the speed
>>
>>18137624
what stain do you have to remove?
for blood, spit on it
for food, put liquid detergend on the spot and wash it with everything else.
red wine, get a new shirt.
>>
>>18137651
I meant the stain of the washing powder which appeared after the washing.
There were no stains before, just some sweat
>>
>>18137642
Manual guy here. If I am reading those pictures correctly: press shower icon button on left.set to no spin, set to 40c and keep it on program A only. Then just never change the dials. Fill machine but not too full, hit ON button. Use an egg timer to time how many mins this takes. Use liquid instead of powder, except for stain remover powder. PROG A should do just a normal wash and spin regardless if you have the spin dial set to off. If this is not the case just leave that on 800. That's all I got rrly
>>
>>18137662
but I am not OP. I have a completely different machine
>>
>>18137658
if it didn't go away with washing it with 60 degrees, it's not gonna happen and the shirt is damaged. That's why liquid detergend is the best.
>>
>>18137665
>>18137665
nah, the shirt is fine. And you still don't get it. It is not staying, it *appears* *after* washing
>have a sweaty shirt
>wash
>get powder stain

I'm not washing it again. It goes away with cold water under the sink
>>
>>18137459
This is probably my favorite post on 4Chan, it's fucking gold.
>>
>>18137459
remove the tray and clean it. there is some sort of valve with spings in the back. which holds the washing powder etc.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.