[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't take it anymore. Can I get tid of Tinnitus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I can't take it anymore.

Can I get tid of Tinnitus?
>>
>>18137140
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1485963942561.jpg (32KB, 355x283px) Image search: [Google]
1485963942561.jpg
32KB, 355x283px
>>18137140
A fan is the only cure to this >>18137151
>>
>>18137140
I've had it for a little bit over a year. I spent the first few months suicidally depressed, but I eventually came to terms with it. You will have tinnitus forever and if a cure is developed it will likely be out of your reach. The sooner you come to terms with it the better. Baby your ears and distance yourself from hearing centric hobbies. No headphones. Ever.
>>
>>18137162
>No headphones. Ever.
Why?
>>
>>18137180
They're hard on your ears and will worsen whatever damage has already been donr. If you must, use open over-the-ear headphones. Avoid earbuds like the plague.
>>
>>18137140
You can't have tinnitus if you make yourself deaf.
>>
>>18137140
Might be a nutritional issue. I find my ears ring when I'm dehydrated or haven't eaten in a long time (I'm hungry skelly with a smoking habit so my food craving isn't what usually alerts me to needing food).
>>
>>18137293
This. And try nacent iodine
>>
After serving for 5 years on an 155mm howitzer cannon with minimal to no hearing protection mixed with swimmers ear from a decade of whitewater kayaking I understand what you're going through.

At this point it's part of my everyday. It's something I only notice when it's quiet. I know it's shitty advice to just say "get used to it" but there are few to no options but preventative measures so it doesn't get worse.
>>
There actually is an experimental treatment for it. It involves delivering a small shock to the nerves so the dead frequencies aren't always switched to the on position. Maybe one day it'll be available to the public.
>>
http://mixmag.net/read/scientists-have-completed-trials-attempting-to-cure-tinnitus-with-mdma-news
>>
please remember that >>18137151 isn't always tinnitus
tinnitus comes from extreme hearing damage, like >>18137334 is suffering from

most people that claim tinnitus have no sort of hearing damage, they are just plagued by being too used to sound
if you had a computer in your bedroom running while you sleep every day for years, then yes it's going to absolutely be deafening when you're exposed to a silent environment
but that isn't necessarily tinnitus, that's a sensory exposure issue, which can be treated by facing the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and just trying to make a silent room to sleep in for a few weeks
it'll be torture at first, but when it was the pussy kind of hearing problem instead of actual tinnitus, it CAN go away if you try to make it go away
>>
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ive lived with it for 6 years now
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
felt suicidal at first
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE couldnt sleep. couldnt eat EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
you WILL become accustomed to it, youll never not notice it. it shall become a part of your life.

it will be ok. dont worry. it will be ok.

avoid gigs, nightclubs.

do get some filtered, silicone moulded earplugs if you want to go to gigs still.

there is now cure. but there are methods (meditation/mindfullness) that can help.

what helped me was realising that i was powerless to do anything about it, no little pill to calm it, so I got to live with it.
I know that doesnt help you with what your are going through right now. just please believe me.

go out running, look up meditation methods, eating clean can help, avoid smoking, avoid heavy drinking (Im a brit so I still drink almost daily), avoid coffee, avoid painkillers, put a podcast/radio on, listen to music, avoid those little white apple earbubs like your life depends on it.

It will get better...
>>
Search on DavidWolfe.com
You might find some fringe science advice there
>>
The tinnitus is in your heart, anon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bIeYeiUqjk
>>
I've had that ever since. I don't know that it goes away, just that I forget about it for periods.

Dick.
>>
>>18137473
>but there are methods (meditation/mindfullness) that can help.
this is spot on if you can meditate its basically cured.

i have had it bad since being a young child cause on the farm i shot rifles with no hearing protection at a young age. back then it was normal especially in the country.

never drove me nuts but always present sometimes incredibly loud. probably cause i got it so young.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.