/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possibility of recovering a blown chance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0041.jpg (47KB, 620x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0041.jpg
47KB, 620x335px
1/3 I live in Texas and I frequently visit Tucson for concerts. One night, before a concert, I struck up a conversation with a girl at a pizza place in Tucson and it went fairly well. The conversation wasn't flirtatious, it was mainly on music and Tucson. We became friends on Facebook. A couple months later, I passed through town and we made arrangements to meet up to eat and talk. We met up at the same place and proceeded to a bar where we conversed and played pool. At some point during the conversation she mentioned that she wanted to see Twenty One Pilots but it was sold out. I told her that I intended on going to that concert as well and made preliminary plans to go together. When we finished playing pool, I said to her "It looks like we have three options; continue talking at another bar, we can go to my car and make out to Kings of Leon, or end the night here." She chuckled and said "I don't make out." I said "Raincheck?" And she suggestively nodded. We separated and I drove back home.
>>
>>18137134
Kill her
>>
2/3 The following week, I was driving through Tucson and decided to surprise her at work. I called the mall and she recognized me via area code. When I walked into her work, I asked if she was going to do anything afterwards and she said she was tired and going home. I asked her if she wanted to have breakfast together and she said sure. I spent the night in Tucson and the following morning she texted me saying that she got called into work early. Though worried if I had done anything wrong, I went home.
The following month, I was at another show in Tucson and I dropped by again and she seemed to be in a better mood. Twenty One Pilots was still sold out and she had not gotten her ticket, so I told her that I would get her in for free. She chuckled and said "We'll see about that."
>>
>>18137145
This shit ain't happening just leave her alone
>>
>>18137148

shh. every time he posts it gets funnier.
>>
3/3 When the time came for TOP, I visited her at her other job at a restaurant and she said that she got off work at midnight. I proposed we meet up then and grab a beer. She agreed. I returned to the restaurant at midnight, and the bartender told me she had already left. I texted her asking if all was ok to no response.
The next day, I went to the mall to see her and she told me her car got towed and her phone had been off for several days ("that's a whole other can of worms"). I presented her with a free Twenty One Pilots ticket and she got very excited. I asked her if she needed a ride to pick up her car and she told me she would Facebook message me at 6:00. She messaged me at that time saying she had a ride and would contact me when she got her car. She never messsged me and I had to sell her ticket.
The next day, back home I received a message from her saying that she couldn't get her car back and apologized for not being able to go to the concert.
The following week, as I planned to go back for another concert, I messaged her asking what the chances of us properly catching up and she said "80-99%". Good odds. I went to the restaurant the following day after I had gotten the autograph of the band I was in town to see. She reacted positively to the autograph, but was otherwise busy at work. I proposed I come back later that night at 11:30 to see if it was more appropriate then, and she agreed. I returned at that time later, and the bartender told me she had already left.
I have made no attempt to contact her since then.
Any way I can make this work? Or should I just let it go? I don't like being left hanging and am unfortunately generally very persistent. Please advise.
>>
>>18137161

dude. where do we begin?

>possibility of recovering a blown chance

you never blue a chance. you never even had a chance. oyu dont even live in the same town as her, but even if you're looking for a one night stand, its a little late when its been more than a month of on going interaction.

im sorry to say but this girl has just used you. she clearly has no regard at all. its not like she was into you and then you messed up, she just never cared. she met with you and talked with your becuase she happened to be free and bored those days. women do this a lot unfortunately, especially if you pay for the drinks or food (which im assuming you did). girls will still let you pay then play the 'oh i thought we were just friends' card.
>>
>>18137161
Man I envy your mental resilience but she doesn't like you that way.
>>
>>18137165
>>18137165
That's what I'm thinking, so is there any way I can alchemise the situation? I'm going back through there four more times in the next two months and as of right now, I have no intention of contacting her. Yet I still am bothered by the fact that the relationship (or lack of) ended so lackluster. At this point, I sort of just want to sleep with her. She gave off that vibe when we first met, so who knows?

>>18137167
Thanks
>>
>>18137174

no anon. if she wanted to sleep with you she would have slept with you.

but she didnt even show up to the concert or ever let you know when she was going to ditch you.

>who knows

we do. we all know. she isnt into you. you should know too, but you have a wilful ignorance.

even after everything that happened and us explaining shes clearly not into you you say

>thats what im thinking
>BUT WHAT IF I KEEP TRYING ANYWAY?

if you want to waste your time and face even more rudeness just because 'who knows, she might magically want to sleep with me if i come back like a desperate fucking dog' than be our guest, but dont expect advice, there is none.
>>
>>18137179
For the sake of devil's advocacy, I'm going to propose a contrasting desire: What if I just want to remain friends with this girl? She was actually kind of interesting. Having a friend in a city I'm not particularly familiarized with is comforting.
>>
>>18137187

then shed be a really shitty friend.
>>
>>18137165
>>18137179
Hey man, go easy on him. What if he's a kissless virgin and this is the first girl he's ever spoken to?

>>18137134
No offense, anon, but you seem like someone who doesn't have a lot of experience around women.
>>
>>18137195

going easy is why he keeps getting sucked into this problem.

expose him to harsh reality.
>>
I was like you, stop being whipped for one girl. She's nothing special bro. Especially when you go out of your way to do things for her when you're not together, it's a turn off for women unless you're a chad.
>>
>>18137199
Chad?
>>
>>18137203

dont ruin this one. hes still pure
>>
Anyone else think "If we hang out, you'll never have to see me again."is the kind of thing OP would say?
>>
>>18137215
Definitely. OP is either gonna be a lossless virgin for life or a cuck
>>
>>18137134
>>18137174
Anon, the first clue that she wasn't in to you is when you "gave her three choices", one of which is making out, and she said "I don't make out".

First of all, you giving options like that is weird and socially retarded.

Second of all, all girls will make out if they are in to you. I'm a girl and I don't hook up with random guys, but if I find one very attractive and I WANT to hook up with him, then I take the initiative to get to know him better, and if he wants to hook up before I get to know him I say "I really want to get to know you better first. I really like you"

Her saying "I don't make out" really means "I don't make out with you".

Also it's totally creepy for you to just be "dropping by" and shit. Very stalkerish and I'' sure she dislikes the invasion. Always present the girl with the option before you see her. And don't call- text. "He I'm gonna be in town, wanna grab a coffee?"
Not "surprise! I am here in person! Oh you're busy? Well when can I come back?" That makes her feel like she HAS to agree to see you later even though she likely doesn't want to, which is why she kept "accidentally" canceling on you.

You are acting like a creepy person. I know you have good intentions, but start approaching situations like this one from the perspective of "how can I make her comfortable and not invade her privacy?"

And give up on this situation. It's a lost cause
>>
>>18137233
Best advice so far
>>
>>18137233
I concur, this is the bast advice so far, but I do have some lingering questions.
If she had zero interest, why would she tell me that my chances of hanging out with her were "80-99%"? Why didn't she just say "I'm busy this weekend" or something of that sort?
>>
>>18137847
>99%
>>
>>18137853
Fair enough.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.