[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there something wrong with me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: anat.png (581KB, 1017x720px) Image search: [Google]
anat.png
581KB, 1017x720px
Being a medical student I deal with dead bodies frequently (anatomy classes). Its never freaked me out and at the start I really enjoyed dealing with body parts etc, most other students initially found dealing with dead bodies disturbing. Is there something wrong with me? I don't really enjoy it anymore but dealing with cut up bodies is now to me no different than walking down to the shops, I could eat food and do it at the same time that's how unphasing it is. I've always worried if there is something 'off' with me for not feeling any disgust/disturbance etc from it
>>
>>18137124

not really. everyones got different tolerances, and a lot of people who seem low tolerance are only faking it because they think there's a morality to it.
>>
It's just the Universe's way of telling you to go into Pathology as a career path.
>>
People are sensitive to different stuff. Bodies don't bother me, but the smell of fermaldahide makes me dizzy to the point where I have to ease my way near it or I'll overheat and nearly pass out.
>>
>>18137124
Well it isn't really the same thing at all, but when I started working at my first criminal defense law firm, I was asked to review brutal murder crime scene photos over lunch. I don't seek out things like that, but it didn't particularly bother me without knowing the details of the victim's life. I still do work like that pretty consistently, I wouldn't seek it out, but it is what it is. I don't think there is anything off about me. So I'm pretty sure you are fine too.
>>
>>18137127
Yeah I think this is a good point, many probably think they have to act shocked about it when they really aren't, be it subconscious or not

>>18137128
I want to deal with the living but in something where I'll treat trauma, so ED or trauma surgery

>>18137135
I remember my first anatomy class I lent in way too close to the body and a got a massive hit of formaldehyde - felt pretty dizzy for a couple of minutes.

>>18137137
I've been on 4chan for ages and have seen quite a lot of gore, I don't really seek it out but I do have somewhat of a morbid curiosity. Glad to hear there are others that are unphased by this stuff
>>
Naw your fine.

Now if you start having sex with the dead bodies...
>>
>>18137124
I think I would cry.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.