[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety, depression, suicidal post drinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0595.jpg (10KB, 295x171px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0595.jpg
10KB, 295x171px
What do I do to stop this?
Whenever I drink or getting high or wasted I end up like that the next morning.
I feel like everyone is judging me all the things I do when I was drunk, I feel like a hoe, or wanted to kill myself such as.
I think about quitting drinking at all but I can't, it's how my social life goes.
Help me. What do I do to prevent it?
>>
>>18136929
Stop drinking. Get new friends if you have to. Mental decline while hungover is pretty normal. The times I most seriously contemplate killing myself are when I'm hungover. Switch to weed.
>>
Those are symptoms of alcohol withdrawl.
Could also just be you're regretting your life decisions right now and don't like how you're behaving as a person.

Don't get shitfaced with your friends all the time, get them to do other shit or find new ones. Stop drinking so much all the time.
>>
>>18136929
Hello OP,
The biggest thing I could suggest is that, because you say that your social life equates to drinking and getting fucked up, that you need to see about getting a new social circle.

It seems easier said than done, but understand that if things were easy then we wouldn't have any problems.

I recommend becoming involved in a club, some sort of volunteer group, make friends through that and shift your social time towards positive things. Get a new hobby or two you've really wanted to get involved in.

The drinking thing? That will pass. It's how you've associated your good times with. It's like.... you're not really having fun without drinking. Then drink! But realize that if your behavior is affected to an embarassing level then you need to avoid situations that make you want to drink that much.

Like, drink a 6 pack and then tell yourself that the drinking is not over, but take a couple of hours to chill and be social. Don't put your focus on the drinking.

It should help.

Don't kill yourself. There are billions of people on the planet and you will find your special place. Gotta respect yourself before others can respect you.
>>
>>18136944
i smoke weed too. Even worse than just drinking. It feels good when I was smoking it but after that, anxiety kicks in.
I live with my friends in the same apartment, we shared together, the only way to get new friends is move out. Also other friends lives far away from me we still ended up drinking or partying when we see each other
>>
>>18136948
I don't know you could be right. I don't really like my life's situation right now and also hated myself. I have always feel like I'm unwanted and nothing good from me for people to see
>>
You're depressed, go see a therapist and take some antidepressants

also as far as hangovers go
ALCOHOL DEHYDRATES YOU
HANGOVERS ARE FROM BEING DEHYDRATED
DRINK WATER WHEN YOU DRINK ALCOHOL YOU RETARD

Also alcohol is a depressant
>>
>>18136954
This. Pretty. Much
I'm old enough to feel the harsh truth when it comes to making new friends. Like when you reached a certain age you don't feel like you can talk or make friends with people like you used to when you're younger.
The problem is wheb I drink, I drink alot. Even worse if I am having fun at that time.
I tried some meet up group and doing photography but I can't avoid drinking all the time. I feel like If only I can be home, enjoy a cup of tea, reading some books would be idealistic. It's just I can't find a guy who's on the same page as me
>>
>>18136977
Yeah, as I said, don't quit drinking. I feel it's more of if you're doing things you like in a different environment the triggers for it aren't nearly as evident. I agree though. I drink and my biggest regret is that I used to be a monster gym-wise. I'm still muscular, but I'm not nearly as fit and I'm a harsh critic on myself.

If I didn't drink then I'd be much better, but I still enjoy it.

I wish you luck on the guy you seek. I've met some hard alcoholic women, but none that were open to speaking about it. I find that the ability to talk is the biggest factor of success or not
>>
>>18136929
I mean.
Kys no way.
You know the nihilist.
Kys and then no existence.
Who died is the question.
Like when you're dead you're dead.
Just nothing going to happen then.
So why?
Punch in the groin more pleasure then dead you know.
>>
>>18136929
I've been like this and went to the hospital for it twice. The thing that helps with me is not drinking so much at a time and trying to behave when I am.
>>
>>18136991
Thanks for your words anon. I guess I'll just try to love and appreciate myself then. Reduce the amount of alcohol by time. I won't say that I'm a hardcore alcoholic but somewhat.
>>18137013
Guess we all have the same problem. I tried to lower the number of alcohol I get every time. Luckily I haven't got to hospital yet. And I hope not. I just don't know how to kick the anxiety away
>>
>>18136929
100 year old vaudeville joke:

Patient (moving arm or something) "Doctor, it hurts when I do this"
Doctor "So don't do that!"

Your version

You "When I drink or get high I feel lousy afterwards"
Doctor: "So......"
>>
Semi-unrelated, but...

Does anyone know a good place to drown? Somewhere it would be impossible to recover my body?

Maybe some cave or something that goes quite deep? I don't have any diving experience though
>>
>>18137482
Ankleweights
>>
>>18137510
Well yeah, I have already thought about that.

I mean a place to do it though.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>18136929
I'm in nearly the same situation except I get all those thought when I'm drunk not hungover.

>be 23
>new job in new city
>only 2 friends here
>everyone I work with is over twice my age with kids
>none of them even live in the city and commute
>girlfriend recently left me
>Get drunk and have a mental breakdown

I called her about 200 times and even texted a previous ex. I feel like I'm so fucked and that I'm retarded. I don't know what to do.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.