[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a producer get into the industry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: nujabes.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nujabes.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
I produce music, still amateur and got 100+ followers on Soundcloud. It's pretty much the only thing i'm interested in and i'm just looking for a way to profit off of it some way.

I literally don't know jack shit about business nor the music industry. Don't know if record labels are worth it, don't know who to contact, don't know how to spread the word of my music other than Soundcloud threads in /mu/.
My idea was to start off by contacting a Youtuber and getting them to feature my song somehow, preferably in the outro/endcard.

My hopes are to become a videogame music producer the like of Hideki Naganuma, but i also want to produce music like Nujabes. I know this is a bit spoonfeed-ey, i'd appreciate any and all advice.
>>
Why not podcasts? They are always looking for theme songs,and some will even pay a little bit.
>>
>>18136913
Wow. I never thought of that! Thanks! There's one option.
>>
>>18136917
I might be into paying for a theme song myself, though I'm a long way off from actually producing my project.
>>
>>18136872
can you link me your soundcloud?
>>
>>18136939
https://soundcloud.com/lleluia
Don't know why i didn't link it in the first place but here ya go
>>18136936
Well when you're ready just hit me up. I'll give you a song for free since you're starting out. Even a bit of recognition is always good.
>>
>>18136952
This is pretty dope. I will add you to my list of contacts for the project. If it happens, it will be 3 months to a year from now. And of course I will promote you if I use you! thanks!
>>
>>18136963
No problem man. Looking forward to it
>>
>>18136872
No honestly free is the future.
Proliferation over copyright.
If your sound is tight,
Money gravitates.
>>
>>18136872

I'll tell you how I got started. I'm at 70k+ followers right now but it took me a long time to bust into the circuit.

I worked my fingers to the bone for the first 3 years absorbing every bit of knowledge I could. I went to shows, I signed up for Ableton courses, I watched tutorials, I messaged people in my hometown asking for lessons. Anything. I stopped going out and started producing from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to sleep, even if I was making garbage I wanted to do anything I could to improve.

The next thing after that is submit, submit, submit. Find your favorite blogs, websites, collectives, labels, ANYTHING, and keep submitting tracks. The bottom line is you'll never just be able to build a community based on your tracks alone, you'll have to piggy back off of bigger blogs and websites than you. Every producer I know that took off with fame did so by getting featured on something huge, whether it be a Youtube channel, Soundcloud channel or music blog.

GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE. There are thousands upon thousands of producers out there every day posting tracks every day and you have to get your name stuck in people's heads. They have to recognize you. They have to remember you.

Most of all, don't forget to stick true to yourself. People like continuity. If you're confused about who you are as an artist or what you want then the fans will be too.

Other than that, just keep making good music because if you're a skilled producer your tracks will speak for themselves. Once you get momentum all you have to do is keep expanding. Get to know the world, the names, the big players in your genre. It will help. Good luck.
>>
>>18136997
Thank you very much for this, it's truly inspiring. Although i don't have enough disposable income or time to go to courses or go to shows, for the most part i have been looking at tutorials and trying to spread the word.
>>
>>18136997
Oh and by the way, what are some things you think are optimal to learn about when producing? Like the kinds of tools to use, clearing samples, etc.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.