[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with being Stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1477281502239.png (735KB, 1280x964px) Image search: [Google]
1477281502239.png
735KB, 1280x964px
It's now dawned upon me that I'm genuinely not competent, that I am in fact incapable of doing anything truly great in this life. Nothing comes easy to me nor do I excel at anything that life has to offer in way of career or hobby. I'm great at appreciating things life has to offer however, I'm a fantastic consumer and am able to appreciate many things. To produce however, to be efficient at any field, I'm genuinely incapable.

I love myself though, and am genuinely happy with the person that I am. My point being however, is that I am stupid on a technical level. I can't grasp entry level concepts or basics.

How does one deal with being stupid? Again, this isn't a pity party or a lack of confidence issue; I think I'm fucking awesome just incapable.

What is the best way for someone with a low ability to learn to navigate life?
>>
>>18136707
it's okay bro, not everyone in the world is a rocket scientist
in fact, if everyone was rocket scientists, the world wouldn't work properly

you should find a job that is easy for you, low stress, and something that you like doing
and when you have a job, you can start a family, have some kids, take some vacations, pursue hobbies, drink beer and watch tv, do whatever the fuck you want.
you don't need to be super smart or highly skilled in order to live a fulfilling, happy life.

Your writing skills are pretty good by the way.
>>
>>18136707
There are things you will probably never grasp, myself included, but not understanding and not capable are two different things.

People say all the time they are bad at math. Well of course you'll be bad at math if you never try to understand it! Of course some people will naturally get it better than most but they still had to put in the time to learn it.

We are all more capable than we think anon. It's whether or not you put in the work that makes *ALL* the difference.
>>
>>18136707
I'm not the brightest either. But I'm funny, sincere, and charming as fuck, and it's let me skate by on so much shit. I'm not even particularly attractive.

I get promotions and special projects consistently.

You can be dumb and learn how to do things. Jobs train you. But it's much harder to learn how to be personable and happy. Have a good work ethic, make friends, and you'll be just fine kiddo.
>>
>>18136723

I appreciate the advice and kind words my man! I have no intention of having a family nor marrying, so I should begin to invest more time into enjoying the hobbies that I do have.

Your post was really nice my dude, you're right that not everyone in this world is some insane genius. It's unfortunate however that those I have around me are dental students, literal doctors, electrical engineers and mathematicians hahaha! Once again, thank you for the post I really appreciate it!

>>18136728

Funny that you bring up math! Currently in applications of college algebra and have never had a course ream me from behind so hard in my life haha! Math is a fascinating subject no doubt, but it's way over my head regardless of my efforts. I can MacGyver my way to a passing grade, but to really absorb the concepts is something that I've never been able to do and this extends into other various fields as well.

I try to be very self aware of my efforts in understanding, and make sure that I try to soak up as much as I can. Thanks for the reply, I agree that being keen and willing is incredibly important to learning!
>>
>>18136778
You seem really nice bro and that right there is about 5x more valuable than being nerdy anyways. Don't get discouraged by comparing yourself to other people; just because they might be able to do more difficult math doesn't make them any better than you, and they're not going to end up living near you. Everyone's going down different paths in life, and there are a lot of qualities that make you a good person, such as trust, honesty, loyalty, love, etc.

I'm struggling in calculus 2 myself; I think that there are some concepts that are just too abstract to be understood by anybody that isn't in the right mental state.
>>
>>18136707
Be noted as a nice person or a generous person or a happy person. There are more ways to be successful and to contribute to the world than doing great things.
>>
I am of the opinion that there are many other traits that trump intelligence when it comes to getting what you want. Like being confident, humble and having good social skills.
>>
>>18136707
>i'm stupid

run for president
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.