[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm considering joining the army. Does anyone have any advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: BF3rskvn.png (55KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
BF3rskvn.png
55KB, 472x472px
i'm considering joining the army. Does anyone have any advice or knowledge about what it's like? Is it worth it?
>>
Don't go combat arms, there's no war on.
>>
>>18136567

>is it worth it

depends what you want to get out of it and what your alternative options are.

people always ask 'is it worth it?' as if they're just walign to the store adn spending 5 bucks on some new product.

its your life direction, how are we supposed to know if its worth it?
>>
>>18136567

OP here do you get to suck a lot of dick? I want to suck a lot of soldier dick.
>>
well, on one hand, you're carrying out the wishes of our politicians and government, which kind of makes you a cunt, especially if you think what some old farts voted on gives you the right to be violent against other humans

on the other hand, its safe here and its not safe in the sandbox, so if you go over there and shoot some bad guys, you're making everyone back here safer
>>
Yeah. Be a fireman or policeman instead. The biggest thing with the army is that you're cut off from the rest of your society. Your family, friends, etc. Other government agency offers you everything military ever could, but better.

Now, if that still doesn't change your mind:
>go reservist or state
Same amount deployment missions, much better treatment and safer bases. You can go full time reserve and enjoy a better benefit than regular army shmucks.
>look into MOS identifier training
bug your recruiter for this. In my case(vehicle mechanic), the MOS identifier was '-H8'. You are above your peers because you got trained to do more stuff. Any and all training you can take, take. It all adds up in paycheck and nobody will fuck with you just because you have little extra pin on your chest. It's stupid, but people in general are stupid.
>fuck the top 25 job
Your recruiter will push you for these MOS, they are in demand, thus they get more points for shipping you in such job. What this means is that you're stuck. You will never be able to change MOS until you re up.
>look into sign up bonus
Some of this shit can be tens of thousands of dollars. Also, if you got friend who wants to come, you get a bonus for signing someone else. Get that bonus and split with your friends.
>learn the creeds and coc
In every unit you'll be at, you must know your job creed, soldier's creed, infantryman's creed, and your chain of command(boss names). There will be a lot of shit you need to memorize, don't be the one to get caught not knowing stuff you should.
>do research on what banks your basic/ait has
You should have a bank account for banks in your training base. No, Chase or Bank of America or US Bank are not in all of the bases.
It's bullshit, but get it set up online so you can close those account later. I couldn't close my account in fort jackson until years later I decided to cave in and buy a plane ticket there to be physically there to close it.
>post 1/2
>>
>>18137111
Policemen has become pretty thankless. You can shoot back at a serial killer and cause a riot if he's brown.
>>
>>18137111

>Army Knowledge Online
make sure you pick an easy username and password to remember. Fuck the recruiters who tells you to make a secure un/pw. Fuck, put your last four ssn. There are ton of shits you will have to know, don't make more than you need to. Also, put their help hotline number on your phone. You will need it. You can change all that shit later after you get assigned to your unit.
>Armystudyguide.com be familiar with your regulation
Your success is 100% based on your knowledge of your references, not your actual skill. This is a problem, but not something you can fix. Know your army regulation numbers and memorize them. Shit, I'll tell you right now. AR 670-1 (uniform standard), FM 21-20 (PT), and FM 3-22.9 (M16). Know at least those three regulations back to back. Trust me on this.
>don't bring electronics
In training, they'll be taken away. Some training facilities are allowing them, but do yourself a favor and save the headaches. It will be a headache trying to get your shit back should anything out of the ordinary happen to you.
>stationary
Stationary are allowed when I was in training, which I admit was 7 years ago. Bring notebooks and pencil, so you can draw/write and not be bored out of your mind. Religious books such as bible is also okay.
>your recruiter is not the most knowledgeable person about military
Take what he tells you with a grain of a salt. Take what I tell you here with a grain of a salt. Every unit has their own standards, things are gonna be different. which leads to...
>BASIC and AIT life
some places will put your entire platoon in a wide ass open room and you might end up living with the dankest stank ass mother fucker, with two working laundry machine for 2.5k troops. some place will let you stay in a private apartment room. Don't expect nice shit to happen to you, nothing is guaranteed.
>mail
your family and friends are allowed to send you sweets. please have them do. You don't know it,
but you need them.
>post 2/2
>>
>>18137142
But they're not cut off from the rest of your social circle. Military isn't. That shit is big, man. It's a huge psychological block to be cut off with people whom you love and to be forced with people whom you very much likely don't care for. Be a fireman or work for Post Office if police isn't your thing.
>>
>>18137146
I guess I'll add some minor stuff. Not terribly important, but it's coming back to me anyway so here it is.

>the best way to fail out
If the training is so bad and you realize that you don't want military life any more, the best way to quit is to fail training. Be shit at APFT(physical) and not make it. If you get kicked out this way, you not only are allowed back later down the line, but also get the least repercussion.
>the discharge types
Honorable is the one you want. This means you keep your rank, all your benefits.
General is not the best, but not the worst. You probably got in a fight or minor trouble, but that little dent is not transferred to civilian record, meaning you're only a criminal in the military's eye. You get this if you fail test or got caught shagging your battle buddy, or you got in a minor fight where nobody really got hurt.
Dishonorable discharge is the worst one and you are fucked. This is when you were doing shady shit like being on drugs, stole something, threatened to kill someone either verbally or physically, got in a fight AND actually hurt someone, or anything that can carry over to civilian life. You are criminal in this case, and will serve military jail time AND civilian prison time.
>Article 15
Oh yeah. Your punishment. You need to know that your paycheck is a privilege and not a right. Still wanna join the military? LOL. Anyway, if you fuck up, they are entitled to take your paycheck away and make you do shit nobody else wants to do for as little as 7 Day and as long as 50 days. That said, they can double whammie on you so if you fuck up while being punished, your punishment will stack up.
>AWOL
So, a lot of people just don't come back after vacations, leave, or functions. Don't be like them. That's a shitty way out of military. This is seriously looked down upon, and everyone will loathe those who do this. Just fail some training while looking like you're trying hard if you want out, like I said earlier.
>>
>>18136745
USArmy officially accepts homosexual men. That does not mean fraternizing is allowed on your clock. Fraternizing isn't allowed even for heterosexual relationship. You will be held back on your class to make sure they separate you and your partner, and if it still continues, you will be discharged. Now, once you finish your training and you get to your unit, you do what the fuck you want to do on your off hour, off uniform.
>>
>>18136567
Join the army, travel to exotic places, meet exotic foreigners who will try very hard to kill you.
>>
Don't do it.
The army is a fucking joke.
Your command sits on their ass all day while you do busy work/patrols and you curse them under your breath the whole while.
If it weren't for the Hurry Up and Wait the Army would be a great venture.
>>
File: qZYrdza.png (397KB, 505x480px) Image search: [Google]
qZYrdza.png
397KB, 505x480px
>>18136567
if you are not going to be an officer enlist in the Chair Force way less chance of getting blown up
>>
>>18137418
This. It fucking sucks. Unless you like mopping the pavement while it's raining because sarge told you to, and not having your achievements recognized
>>
>>18137150
don't be a policeman.

police shoot people if there's any chance that their own lives might be in danger.

firemen put their own lives in danger if there's any chance of saving someone else.
>>
>>18138526
police solve nigger crime and there is nobody running around saying fire lives matter
>>
>>18138526
>>18138819
OP left a long time ago if you didn't notice
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.