[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a loser adult who's become a victim of their own routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1486813299096.jpg (31KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
1486813299096.jpg
31KB, 350x464px
Can a loser adult who's become a victim of their own routine of distractions, procrastination and learned helplessness ever change?

If so how?
>>
>>18135903

yes.

>how

by figuring out the problem, making a plan and following through.
>>
>>18135903
>turn off computer
>go outside
>>
>>18135903
Bump
>>
>>18135903
Maybe if you pay someone to help you, you are more likely to follow through?
>>
>>18135903
Yep. probably gonna need some significant life changing pain to motivate you though.
>>
>>18135903
How old?
How much of a loser are we talking about here?

The thing is, some things such as social and romantic experience are supossed to happen at a certain age.
If you don't know how to talk to people and never been in a relationship in your 20s there's no going back, might as well go full shut-in mode.
>>
>>18135903

>fuck around in college for 2 years
>not know what I want to do and hate myself
>miss/skip several finals
>gpa drops to 2.23
>skip class regularly/avoid doing homework and projects until the last minute
>retake some classes 2-3 times and still fail them
>get shit together finally becasue I realize I will have no money otherwise
>turn it around by studying really hard
>end up graduating with a decent gpa and a cs degree
>get hired right out of college from internship

Learn to suffer. Don't give up just because you feel stupid or you don't understand something right away; or something that you thought you understood you don't.
>>
How old exactly?

I'm 27 and I don't think I can get out of this rut. Must be harder if you're older.
>>
>>18136444
How did you turn it around? I'm in exactly the same situation, but only half a year into university.
>>
>>18136444
>>18136450
How do I motivate myself to go sign up for college or uni or whatever without the fear that it'll be for nothing and just another failure like everything else I've tried?
Never mind the crippling social anxiety from being around people again after so many years...
>>
>>18136450

I was lonely and never had a gf until I was 23.

I realized that even though my shitty 11 dollar an hour job was fine for living in an apartment and just playing vidya by myself but if I ever wanted to DO something like go on a vacation or buy myself something nice it would take MONTHS of saving to do so. I also applied this logic to my relationship(she ended up cheating on me after 1 year).

I suffered though, I HATED learning. I hated not knowing something right away and would constantly push off doing something until the last possible minute and then when I ran into issues I would let it stress me out and then just say fuck it and rationalize 'oh the lowest grade is dropped' or 'oh I can afford a 0 this one time, it's only like 2 pts from the final grade!' which is retard tier logic.

I went to tutoring and asked questions that made me feel incredibly stupid and I went to KhanAcademy.com and started math over from like basic level algebra and re-learning math.

You have to actually care anon, why are you in school? Do you want to provide for yourself or make money in the future? Or are you doing it because it's what's expected of you and you just don't really care about doing anything else?
>>
>>18136457

1. What degree are you going to get? Do you like the jobs associated with that degree? Do not go if you don't know/don't care

2. College is incredibly helpful if you do pick something you like. I'm the exact same person as I was when I was a cashier and I still feel just as stupid most of the time but I make a LOT more money than I would have if I stayed a cashier/continued going down that career path.

3. You don't have to socialize at all, I spent 6 years in college and other than a few people from the labs/classes I never spoke to anyone else.
>>
>>18136469
I don't know.
I just want to do something to break to change my shut-in NEET lifestyle and it seems like the easiest choice, because I'm literally unemployable.
>>
>>18136457
Joining up for education makes it pretty easy to get a new social circle. You don't have to go much out of your way, usually there are programs for newcomers to get to know people. Once you found people, you just have to put in some effort to devolop friendships. If you want to get a bigger social circle, it can't get much easier.
>>
>>18136477

College isn't a magical experience anon, if you're a lonely sad person currently then you'll still be a lonely sad person if you show up there.

If you're really interested in breaking out of your NEETness just go to the campus during the day and walk around, no one will question if you belong there or not(the only risk you run is with parking, dont do this if you need a permit or you risk your car being towed/booted). There are better ways to get out of the house than forcing yourself to spend money/throw yourself impulsively into a situation.
>>
>>18136464
So it was a problem motivating yourself? I want to do shit and know how important this is, but I am totally addicted to the internet/ vidya and procrastinate like hell. Sadly, I can't throw out my computer, I study CS
>>
>>18136484
Sounds like nightmare fuel for me, the few occasions when I have to leave the house I try to avoid places where young people gather like the plague because of that strong feeling that I don't belong there.
>>
File: 1487233146564.png (767KB, 399x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1487233146564.png
767KB, 399x1152px
SORT

YOURSELF

OUT

EH
>>
>>18137324
What did he mean by this
>>
>>18135903
this one sentence describe me like no other.

have think this days a lot about suicid.

i try fit/cardio and looking for therapy/meds.
>>
>>18135903
stop posting here you retard
>>
You're set in your ways and you're likely to die that way. You won't change and nobody gives a floppy fuck about it.
>>
>>18135903
Only by dying.
>>
>>18136490
Understand that just like yourself, most people are worried about themselves. Unless you smell or act like a fool or dress all wonky 99% of people aren't going to notice you and if they do they will forget after a minute.

Also realize that at the end of the day it's up to you to be the source of change in your life. Don't keep putting it off. The sooner you start to better yourself the better. You'll think back years from now and wish you had started sooner.

Just think that most people are pretty mediocre. Start now and try to excel at everything you do.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.