[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Even Try?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: bun.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bun.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
Apply for internships- Fail.
Apply for jobs- Fail.
Go on a few dates- All failures.
Work out- Fail, broke my ankle.
Work hard in classes- Don't fail necessarily, but do worse than expected, so that everyone feels you're a massive disappointment compared to what they originally thought you were.

Why try at this point? The only thing keeping me from launching myself off a bridge is I'd find a way to fail at killing myself, too. If it was some sort of a learning process it would have some use, but I get no feedback, and I'm just left to fail again.
>>
>>18135801
go do a traid.
carpentry.
plumbing.
concrete.
electrician.
tiling/flooring.
framing.
the list goes on and no.

no education required and you can start at the bottom and work your way up.

no way in hell a concrete company won't hire you.
>>
>>18135801

I would say that any job wouldn't hire me, or would fire me based on my immediate lack of skills or just my penchant for fucking up. Let me put it this way, if my own cousin wouldn't hire me on to do tiling work for his company, who the hell else would?

Also, I've failed at least six times trying to post this.
>>
>>18135817

I even failed at tagging the wrong post. Fucksake.

>>18135803
>>
>>18135801
Go learn a language, and then force yourself to really learn it by studying abroad. Also, dont compare your success to that of others. Live your own life
>>
>>18135817
concrete will hire you as a laborer who picks shit up and then sets that shit down a few yards away, sometimes youll be asked to operate a shovel. thats literally all there is to it.
as you learn whats going on you will be given more responsability and a pay raise.
started 5 years ago as a shovel operator now im a foreman making 100k a year doing commercial. im an idiot. you can do it. stop making excuses.

plumbers will hire you to carry plastic pipes into a concrete hole which will later be a house, electrician will hire you to cut wires and move materials.

the thing about traids is they hire laborers, which can be perfectly retarded/high/lame/annoying/whatever is wrong with you; and still do their job
>>
>>18135821

That doesn't sound like a solution for any of my current problems. Also I have no money, so I would just be homeless in another country.

And how exactly are we supposed to measure success? Is it immeasurable? Surely not. Success is largely measured by those around you, but even to myself I'm just a flop.
>>
>>18135826
>Success is largely measured by those around you.
nah.
if you are happy you are a success. it is no more complicated than that.

you can be a millionaire CEO and have a terrible life.
you can be homeless and have a wonderful life.

stop assuming that what they show on TV and talk about in school is real life. it's just the lives of other people who are no more or less smart than you are, on average.

success is not money. its not family. its not your job. its not your possessions.
these things are just a means to the end which is happiness.

doesn't matter how you get to happiness, if you do, you win, no matter what any one else says.
>>
>>18135839

Well I'm a major depressive for pretty much my entire remembered life, so I think it's safe to say by the metric of happiness I've failed too.

>>18135825

I guess I can do that, but that's all I would ever do. No way they would give me any other type of responsibilities. Not to mention I'm weak as fuck, so they would probably get tired of how slow I would end up working.
>>
>>18135826

>implying being bilingual wouldn't look good on a resume

I recommended it primarily for experience, a chance to pick up a language, or to possibly start fresh. There are programs where you go work for some family, in exchange for a place to stay with meals, so you'd only have to pay airfare. I felt the same way you did and so I went and studied in rural France and loved it, got near fluent with the language, and am trying to set up a job there next summer so I can move out there. There are endless opportunities
>>
>>18135849

I took French for three years and I still don't know how to say anything. Suffice to say my brain is opposite to learning other languages. Really my only marketable skill is communication. I'm a decent speaker. That's it.
>>
>>18135847
>No way they would give me any other type of responsibilities.
boy for someone who thinks he is such a failure you sure are confident in that ASSUMPTION.
maybe you should consider the self-proclaimed fact that you don't know what your doing and realize that you have no idea whether or not you would be of value to a concrete company.

>Not to mention I'm weak as fuck, so they would probably get tired of how slow I would end up working.
yeah when i started i was scrawny like a newborn calf. the job kicked by ass for 2 months then it was physically exhausting for 2 more years before i eventually built up muscle. wasn't easy but it was something and it changed my entire life for the better.

positive changes are not usually easy. do not choose the easy path in life. you will just end up sitting at your computer bitching about not having a job on 4chan. trust me.

>>18135847
>Well I'm a major depressive for pretty much my entire remembered life
so was I, literally, until I got this job. gave me purpose, gave me a reason, even if that was only to build foundations for houses. at least i was contributing something real to real people. that was enough at the time, enough to get me out of a life long slump. now i'm doing fine.

maybe you think it wont work for you. but what do you have to loose? getting and loosing a laborer job will be better than simply feeling sorry for yourself.
>>
>>18135839
>you can be a millionaire CEO and have a terrible life.
>you can be homeless and have a wonderful life.

I bet you believe in god.
>>
>>18135889
nah. but i do know some pretty happy bums and some pretty depressing people who are rich as fuck.

money buys you fleeting happiness.
understanding who you are in this world and what you are to it can bring you stable happiness.
thats my 2c, anyway.
>>
>>18135929
>happy bums
More like they have adopted incredibly low standards based on their prolonged circumstances.

Money buys happiness. Anyone who says otherwise is poor, making excuses as to why they're poor, or just jealous of people with money. You see the thing is money doesn't just buy you nice things that are supposed to make you happy. Money provides you security which plays a major factor in your happiness. That's how money buys happiness. The less your worry the happier you are.
>>
>>18135969
I don't think anyone would argue against you, but what they are saying is their are miserable rich people. They would probably be even more miserable if they were poor no doubt, but being rich isn't solving their issues either.

>>18135801
What alternative is there OP? Just keep going man, every successful person failed along the way but they kept going. You only get one life, try to make the best of it. Vague advice I know, but again there is no alternative.
>>
>>18135969
>More like they have adopted incredibly low standards based on their prolonged circumstances.

>Money buys happiness. Anyone who says otherwise is poor
let me know how your cynicism works out for you. seems depressing to me.

>The less your worry the happier you are.
you assume the only troubles in life are monetary. i don't think it will take you very much longer to understand that you are wrong. what are you? 20?

but, man, if you could just point me in the direction of a wallmart that sells Happiness(TM) I would sure appreciate it.
>>
>>18135984
You're missing the point. Having money allows you a roof over your head, food on a plate, medical care when needed. The more money you have the easier it is to manage these things and not go without them. Those three things alone will provide an incredible boost to someone's happiness. They are necessities in life. All the other things you buy with money such as nice clothes, a car, or things for entertainment also help to distract you from the day to day things. Not to mention having money allows you to partake in hobbies which in turn should make you happy doing the things you enjoy.

You sound like a complete dipshit by the way.
>>
>>18136028
you sound like your young.
i would continue the debate but i don't really care and there is no words that will instill the wisdom that can only come from experience, anyway.

when you have all money you want now you will see that you are still not satisfied. you will see that the material things which you will eventually find yourself interested in are infinite and new ones will come just as fast as you attain the old ones.

its like running on a treadmill. you step forward and gain no ground. you buy this thing and want that thing. it never ends.

if you don't find happieness more significant that the shit in your house you will never find it lasting.

believe me or not. im done participating in this debate.

cheers man, i respect your disagreement :D
>>
>>18135984
And I'm 30 by the way. I've been poor and I've lived pay check to pay check. I grew up relatively poor. My dad was a construction worker and my mom took care of us kids. So yeah I know what it's like to live on very little. As I've gotten older and become successful to the point in my career where I make decent money my quality of life as increased. I see people worry about paying their bills all the time. I have about $37K in savings. About 50% of my yearly salary goes to bills. The rest I save mostly and sometimes buy things. I don't have to worry about not being able to afford bills. When we had a downturn in the industry and they laid off almost half my company while I was a little worried about losing my job I wasn't as worried as some people because I had a nice stash put away to tide me over till I found another job.

Again, you're a dipshit.
>>
>>18136043
oh ok so everyone is the same as you, your happieness is everyones.
sounds like you were traumatized by poverty, a common experience with a simple solution: money.
I hope the material things in your life never loose their novelty, but chances are certain that they will eventually. then what are you left with?
not everyone has a problem with poverty and you deny that reality as though you can account for the wants of everyone, foolish.

but yeah, im out. peace man.
>>
>>18136049
Keep it coming, kid.

I'm enjoying a nice dinner I just cooked because I can you know afford food unlike some homeless person that has to dig through a dumpster for food and hope he finds something to fill him up. Later I'll go to bed in my comfy king size bed and oh so comfy goose down comforter nice an comfortable from the elements. I'll wake up tomorrow on my day off and wash my sports car then take it for a ride.

>not everyone has problem with poverty
Such a laughable statement. People do not want to be poor. They do not choose to be poor.
>>
>>18136058
>They do not choose to be poor.
-ghandi
-jesus
-bhudda
-those that sincerely emulate the former
-those who sacrifice professional ambition for things such as family or experiences like traveling (such fools! they will never be happy according to you!)

>I'm enjoying a nice dinner [and other things]
cool. how is that relevant and how does that negate my point about lasing happiness.
will your dinner keep your appetite sated forever? does a homeless man not eat food?

a man does not need a "nice dinner" to be happy. just because you are so shallow a person to be completely satisfied by a meal doesn't mean others share your simplistic goals in life.

will your food give your life meaning? will your king sized bed? will they help you when they are gone? they will be gone one day, to be replaced no doubt because your possessions own you.
your hand is forced in life to earn, earn, earn. you will rat race until your old, only then realizing how meaningless it all was. only then realizing how all these possessions never resulted in happiness but only comfort.

you do not get out of bed and smile because it is king sized. you get out of bed and smile because you are the person you want to be. your steak dinner and big house is not a person. they are not you.

sounds like you have a pretty shallow idea of what it is to be happy.
happiness does not equate to a lack of discomfort.

i keep saying im gunna eave then you go and make a post to obviously misguided for me to leave alone. stop it.

really i don't know how much more plain i can make this. but you keep on posting im sure youll draw out of me elaboration i have yet to consider.
>>
>>18136081
You still "debating" me? I thought you were done?

You're missing the point. I never said you need to be rich but you need to have enough money to afford the necessities in life. I was being flippant about my dinner, bed, and car but the truth of the matter is not having those things will lower your quality of life. Stop trying to argue that point. There are needs in life and when some of those needs aren't met your quality of life decreases. Food and shelter being the major ones. So like I said, having enough to afford these things is enough to make someone happy and someone who doesn't have these things is not going to be objectively happy.
>>
>>18136090
Sorry other anon, but this anon is right. They do studies about these things. Money doesn't buy happiness but lack of money buys misery in aggregate on average across all people. It's just a fact anon
>>
>>18136090
>You still "debating" me? I thought you were done?
yeah i addressed this. read. your comments are so bad they offend me. i can't let you get away with making a stupid point while thinking its a good one, i like you too much to deprive you of the education which you so clearly are in need of.

>but you need to have enough money to afford the necessities in life.
yeah a broad statement needing only an exception to disprove, i provided 3 exceptions which you ignored because they defeat your main argument.

>Stop trying to argue that point.
having already argued your main point without retort what else am i left to address my dim-witted friend?

>>18136099
cool, too bad you only need an exception to disprove a certainty which is how my debate partner framed his argument.
if you want to talk in generalities and averages, i am game, but that is not the case here.

and just to indulge in your misinterpretation of the rhetoric, countries like india the majority of the population can't afford food every day. guess they are all existentially unhappy, right? no. probably not.

you want to be rich because you self-value based on monetary metrics, that's your self-esteem, not your happiness.
>>
File: 1489538208633.jpg (136KB, 892x666px) Image search: [Google]
1489538208633.jpg
136KB, 892x666px
>>18136099
No, that's not entirely true. Money doesn't buy more happiness after a certain point, around making 75k+ a year or so.

I've been poor all my life and it majorly contributes to how unhappy I am. I can't travel, I can't buy things, I'm not secure, I cant' afford medical costs... If I had more money, I'd be happier. Money buys people with legitimate problems happiness, but people who lamenting over how "empty" they feel because some bitch left them obviously won't be made more happy over getting a new lambo.
>>
>>18136111
>>18136099
>>18136090
these people not only know every impoverished person who has or does exist but they also know that they are sincerely unhappy despite copious testimonials by these people which suggest the opposite!
AMAZING!
>>
>>18136107
You say I don't speak for everyone and my broad statements need only an exception to be faulty, but you seem to forget this logic applies to your argument towards my stance. The thing that sets us apart though is that my stance is the majority. I'll give it to you that some people live for altruism and are contempt being relatively poor but the truth is most poor people do not choose to be poor and it's shitty circumstances that have led them there. You are talking about extreme exceptions in terms of living a life of poverty when you bring up Jesus, Buddha, etc. Using them to make your argument is incredibly weak.
>you want to be rich
This isn't about being rich you obtuse dolt. It's about being able to provide for yourself the essential needs to survive.

I get the feeling you have a problem with rich people and you keep making a point to attack them because you keep dropping the word rich. You sound like you're just jealous of what they have and you can't seem to realize I'm not talking about rich people. I'm pointing towards the middle class .
>>
>>18136107
>you only need an exception to disprove a certainty which is how my debate partner framed his argument
>just to indulge in your misinterpretation of the rhetoric
I can tell just off the autistic way that you worded these statements that I am making more money than you. People who talk like this are usually unemployable since nobody can understand what your saying without fucking dissecting it for 10 minutes
>>
>>18136122
Ha, you got cucked. I included "in aggregate on average" to avoid bullshit morons like you from making these statements. Learn to read please
>>
>>18136131
>but you seem to forget this logic applies to your argument towards my stance.
no, it does not. lol.
my argument stops at providing an exception to the rule you are trying to push as reality. that's all i need.

>The thing that sets us apart though is that my stance is the majority.
oh, i see, so now you change your argument (in debate they call this "moving the goalposts". it means you lose.), stating that you were talking about the average while before you were arguing against only individual cases so i guess that's bullshit; averages do not disprove individual cases. so you are either wrong now or wrong before. you pick.

if you want to avoid getting caught up in rhetorical bullshit aside from the point you are trying to make then make your point appropriately, i.e. you want to talk about averages don't use certainty in your original arguments.

>Using them to make your argument is incredibly weak.
you don't even know my fucking argument, that much is very clear. i suggest you review the entire thread of comments we have had here. after you do you will undersatnd that my argument was not that money is irrelevant to happiness. nice fucking try though. (this logical fallacy is called the "straw man" - another fuax pas in rhetorical conversation!)

> It's about being able to provide for yourself the essential needs to survive.
granted. my points stand.

>I get the feeling you have a problem with rich people
your feelings are irrelevant to this debate. you got arguments i am all ears. your assumptions do not interest me and my hypothetical biases do not make my arguments inherently incorrect.

anything else to say? any more damage control?
>>
>>18136132
>I can tell just off the autistic way that you worded these statements that I am making more money than you.
lol.
i can tell by your granting significants to currency that you are insecure about the financial state of your life. too bad your insecurities mean nothing as far as my person goes, and if they did, they would still not be relevant to this conversation.

>>18136135
>Ha, you got cucked
i dont get it. sorry. I expected the next sentence to expand upon that but it didn't.

sounds like you guys are butthurt that this fool couldn't put his thoughts into words correctly - or more likely the case, didn't consider fully what he was saying and it took someone pointing out his stupid to make him realize he was wrong.
>>
>>18136147
>>18136152
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCIo4MCO-_U
>>
>>18136154
great argument; im stupid.
you have systematically dismantled every point i have made. [/sarcasm]

ahh yes, calling names. what you do when you have nothing important left to say.

if you cannot address any points i have made i will assume you concede to them.

thanks for playing, my ego feels better knowing you don't have anything relevant left to say.
>>
>>18136152
Man, you're really good at this. You got me with your flawless arguments... Is that you Teddy Cruz, master debater?

Really though, pointless trying to talk sense with you. You are a misguided, misinformed, and stupid kid.
>>
>>18136158
Congrats! I give up arguing with you, which means You just won a 4chan argument! Obviously if you had something to be proud of you wouldn't need this congratulations, but here we are!
>>
>>18136162
please see this post:
>>18136158
and understand that you might as well have spoken your comment to your fuckin wall for all it means to this conversation.

if you can't argue my points then you can't argue. calling names is not relevant to this conversation. calling names doesn't make me wrong and it doesn't make you right.
keep this in mind, friend. it is sure to help you in your every day life, which i assume is a real struggle, by your attempts to communicate here.
>>
>>18136170
you are giving up only because you can say nothing against my arguments. know this. accept this.

i know it hurts your ego. but its just the internet. no one knows its YOU who is being stupid.
>>
>>18136171
Please stop. I concede. I'm going to lose sleep over this tonight knowing I was bested on the internet by someone. Someone who without a doubt made me look like a fool because his argument was the objective fact on the matter we were discussing. My ego has been dealt a blow that I don't think I'll ever recover from, and I think I'll never forget this day.

Again, you are really good at this. Fuck, it's mind boggling how you shut me down so easily.
>>
>>18135801
Take comfort in the fact that all us wage slaves are more or less in the same boat. For example - as successful as I am with landing relationships, I can't land a decent paying job to save my life! And my teeth are starting to become crooked from being pushed by my incoming wisdom teeth. And if the bitch next door parks in my space one more time I am going -to-fucking-LOSE-it. And if my parents nag at me that I'm 'a 25 yr old woman still living with them how pathetic lol' for much longer I think I'm going to set fire to their bed while they sleep!
>>
>>18136191
I'm in the opposite boat here. Can't get into a relationship for crap, but I have a good job.

Just get hitched to some rich guy and your all set
>>
>>18136185
lol. i am only returning fire. i don't think negatively about you.
i think you misstated your argument but that does not excuse your running with it until the brutal end where i had to bash you over the head with your own invalid rhetoric.

>Fuck, it's mind boggling how you shut me down so easily.
you shut yourself down by refusing to address the debate. all you do now is throw shit.
doesn't matter who here is the better debater or the better name caller. our identities are anonymous.
the only agents here are the arguments, of which mine have survived and those against them have not.

you can choose to view yourself as an individual here and continue to name call to save face or you can realize that no one knows or cares who you are and lend your posting capacity to an argument or an idea and invest your ego in that.

get it? i don't care if you call me stupid. as long as you can't say my argument is stupid.

let me repeat that for you because its important and you dont get it:

>i don't care if you call me stupid. as long as you can't say my argument is stupid.
>>
>>18136203
Bro I was being facetious. The fact that you derive joy from this and it boosts your ego is pathetic...
>>
>>18136213
i wouldn't say im enjoying this and i wouldn't say that my ego is so fragile that it depends on an anonymous image board. maybe im wrong. like i have been trying to say, it doesn't really matter.

i find it offensive when people try and argue with insults, as if it makes them any more right. and if it doesn't then why are you posting? you think your saving face? nobody knows who you are!

your posting because you are invested in the idea that you as a person are correct - ergo the name calling

im posting because i am invested in my arguments being correct - ergo the long winded and careful replies along with the rejection of irrelevant personal attacks.
arguments are not persons.

if you can say my argument is wrong - i care, else i dont

if i can say you are wrong - you care - but not about your argument, about your person, i know because you abandoned your argument.

so annoying when people setp out of a debate by confusing their failure with name calling. just concede that you have nothing left to say as though you had some measure of honor.

go ahead. make another post that isn't about our debate. you don't even care about this thread. you only care about being cool on the internet.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.