[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going bald at 20.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: WIN_20170317_17_09_01_Pro.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170317_17_09_01_Pro.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
Hi /adv/,

I'm a 20 year old guy and I'm starting to lose my hair. My father and his brother had the same issue, also around my age. I'm studying theatre though, and also study Film Acting, which makes me extra anxious to go bald, especially at a young age - I won't be able to play any roles with hair if I lose it.

Anyone have experience with hair loss, or anything at all? Should I go for a transplantation, or wait a few years?

Pic related is my hairline.
>>
>>18135282
Don't use rogaine. It's only for the back of your head.
Propecia works really well but takes a long time and you have to use it constantly or it will fall out again and there have been cases where dudes have completely lost their sex drive while taking it. Hair plugs will fall out and aren't permanent but I haven't tried it yet.
>>
>>18135288
You've used that? And how much does it cost? I don't think health insurance covers that kind of thing, right?
>>
>>18135288
Ah yes, I see it now - Finasteride. I've read about it. People said they completely lost their sex drive. Have you had any side effects?
>>
Dont be anxious, just accept it.
The balding people I meet seem more upset than me when I went bald at the temples before the top of my head.
I still have hair like you and I keep it under an inch long.

Acting is not something to worry about, you can always find a solution if you really fit the role or you can find roles that are natural to you.
>>
File: WIN_20170317_17_21_43_Pro.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170317_17_21_43_Pro.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>18135303
Think I should cut it short? I'm anxious you'll see it even more if I do that - the way I have it now you don't see the temples. Pic related.
>>
>>18135307
I bought myself clippers and save money and time which I think trying treatment is a waste of.
It doesn't matter people see it. Its better you own it instead of hiding it then on a windy day you start freaking out about your appearance.
I keep some hair, but will probably start getting used to being shaved eventually.

My favorite thing I heard about being bald was from a substitute teacher who kids used to pick on. He'd say "bald is beautiful"
>>
>>18135301
Nope. I stopped using it because its expensive as shit. They slowly step you off the medication so I can probably see some people not doing that and their hormones get fucked up or something and they get ruined. Not scientific fact though.
>>
Hmm.. Think I might get a buzz cut shortly, then. Good thing I can sport a good beard.

Might wait and see if it stops here, or everything will go away.
>>
>>18135339
You dont always need the beard. I cant grow a beard for my job, but a friend can and he looks like hes compensating too hard.
>>
>>18135343
True, but I've had a beard since I was 17 - not a long one. Nobody knows me without one, so that will be fine. Thanks for the feedback, though!
>>
>>18135282
I'm a screenwriting major wondering why the hell anyone would go for film acting.

You're basically completely dependent on others if you are an actor. You have to just sit and wait for a role to come along and you have less creative input.
>>
>>18135349
I direct short films, write scripts, do alot of theatre and also film acting. It's quite simple, I just really like it. And the creative input you give is how you decide to form the character and the choices you make.

I don't see it as an art, by the way. More like a craft. Read about why film actors like it, you'll be able to deal with actors better if you're supervising your script on set, too!
>>
>>18135349
You are just jealous you arent on camera
>>
>>18135363
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqm_Iq8rFeg
>>
You're an actor retard, unless the role requires a buzz cut, you can wear a wig
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.