[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shaking off addictions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5925.jpg (17KB, 220x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5925.jpg
17KB, 220x390px
How do I not let shit like 4chan, jacking off and just overall binging TV shows take control of me? I want to do all of these in moderation but they just end up eating a lot of my time which I'm starting to neglect all of my basic responsibilities like college work and to a certain extent my cleanliness.
>>
>>18134520
>College work
View it as a challenge, just like vidya. It will take some tries but once you got through the first time and won what you set as your goal you will want to keep going. Also start with small steps and just sit your ass down and start no matter how annoyed you are by doing so.
>cleaning
Again get out of your comfort zone, make yourself feel really bad if you don't
>>
>>18134520
Don't wanna be that guy, but what about building a relationship with God?
>>
>>18134570
Not shitposting. But does this shit really work?
>>
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
>>
File: 7W-qJd58CnsWZWNd8JEzBg_r.jpg (48KB, 362x461px) Image search: [Google]
7W-qJd58CnsWZWNd8JEzBg_r.jpg
48KB, 362x461px
>>18134520
You need to go outside more. You actually do those things more when you are stressed out because of work and school and want to procrastinate, just say fuck it, take less classes, work less hours, and go outside more. Ideally you should walk for 2 hours every day or more, not that you need to walk that much but because when you're not walking or sleeping, you're probably sitting on your ass being sedentary. I found that standing up in front of the computer instead of sitting greatly reduces time spend on idle net browsing, 4chan and TV.

Also, stop jacking off for a month and experience what its like to not be a slave to your dick and have more energy and creativity.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
>>18134545
But challenges are supposed to be interesting and engaging. College is just poignant labor for labor's sake, so that stuck up special snowflake general managers can look at your resume and say "yeah, this boy has good work ethic, he put up with college, just the type of wage slave we need to have!".

Unless of course you study something that society can't actually afford to drop the ball on, like medical field, engineering or law.
>>
>>18134570
Putting his faith in an imaginary sky god is just a band-aid to solving your problems.

I've known many people who became happier once they found christianity, but it comes at the cost of literally running away from the truth.

Same shit goes for the "mindfullness" phenomena that's currently making the rounds in the therapy world.

Positive thinking and positivism have innate beneficial effects, but they kind of just lock you into a bubble of ignorance, when overdone.

Alcohol, drugs, religion, unchecked optimism... all are different shades of complacency.

They're an easy way out. They're not real solutions.
>>
>>18134574
Yeah, it definitely did with me. The explanation I have is long af, and I'm 4 glasses of crown into my night but I'll do my best to make sense.

I wasn't raised in a religious setting, my childhood was violent, lost my virginity at 13, i dropped out of school in 7th grade and lived for bitches, money, and videogames. Naturally I sold drugs until about 16, pimped out my ex for a few months, and did nothing all day but collect money, fuck and get high.

That said, I've recently (passed 4 years) been on a quest of self improvement. In other words, not being a piece of shit. Before I lived off of a moral code, now I let the Bible guide me. My issue with religion was always the lack of logic, and I could never rationalize living my life based off of some bullshit stories about some Jews in the desert thousands of years ago doing magic tricks.

But here's what I've found. You need to mentally throw out everything you know about religion and every preexistent notion you have of it's rules, god, heaven, hell, all of it. Look at it like this: the Bible is literally "The Guide to being the best version of yourself" and it's functional as all fuck. Ironically, the key is believing, it's all about perspective. You need to believe that the guide works in order for it to work, you need to have faith behind your decisions in order for them to carry weight. The Bible is littered with stories, instead of viewing the stories as real life accounts, view them as takes with moral points. Kinda like how in school they have children's book like "the giving tree" in order to convey a message that sharing is caring. You could just say "sharing is caring" but there's no real visual lesson attached to that statement.

A biblical example is that Jesus died on the cross for your sins. You don't necessarily have to believe it really happened, but the general message behind it is that you shouldn't beat yourself up about your imperfections, we're all created equally as humans. Cont.
>>
>>18134584
This is why I never understand why people willingly study business and finance. It's like they're setting themselves up to sell their soul for money.
>>
>>18134609
Basically, we're all bound to fuck up, it's what we do. Don't judge yourself for it (because God wont, and he's the only opinion that you should care about, which is really just at round about way of saying don't invest too much on what people think of you)

A lot of the stories in the Bible are redundant in terms of their moral messages, but in a way that's a good thing because it simplifies the core values of love, happiness and acceptance. It's very hard to be influenced by negativity when you're living in a godly manner. It's just perspective, you don't have to literally believe in the stories in order to experience the benefits of the Bible, and for some people simply experiencing those benefits is enough for them to believe that God is real. I've seen this a lot in thieves and killers, as well as drug dealers. Simply living a righteous lifestyle is enough to make you happy, and sharing that happiness with those around you will make you happy. Life is mostly about perspective, and I'm not gonna tell you that you should trade reality in for fairy tales, but I will encourage you to explore the undeniable powers of the human brain. If you're whole outlook on life is full of love, righteousness and happiness, you'll find pretty quickly that everything you do brings joy of some sort, and just when you think things can't get any better, they do. It works In the same way that depression is a rut that only causes more depressing events, experiences, and thoughts. It's like a rut of happiness that only leads to more happiness.

For me it took about 2 months. I was entirely fucking depressed and fed up with life, having nothing, doing nothing, being lonely af and wasting my life away waiting for something to change, I'd try to change it but it never worked so I just gave up. Found god, and within 2 months I had a new place to live, a new car, a new job, a few new friends, a dog, and a girl I intend to marry when the time's right. Just gets better from here
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.