[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't think I feel anything but I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1484191855308.jpg (61KB, 480x453px) Image search: [Google]
1484191855308.jpg
61KB, 480x453px
I've recently realized that I just don't feel anything, though its more complicated than that.

Recently, I got in contact with my best friend growing up after like 7 years. We're both 27, and we've known each other since grade school. He's elated, and that's a good thing. I know I should be excited, but I'm just sort of indifferent. To be honest, I only went because I knew I should, and I knew it would make him happy.

On top of that, one of his friends is into me, but I just don't want to? It has nothing to do with her. She's great, and we click in a few ways. However, I just am not interested. Like, I can't even imagine what I'd do. In fact, it just sounds annoying.

That's kind of how I feel when I'm out, too, though annoyed might be the wrong word. I just don't want to be there. Everyone around me is having a great time, and I'm just pretending to enjoy myself. I get nothing from it. Even now, I'm actually at the gym writing this in-between sets. I don't want to be here, but I am. I don't feel better about myself for being here. I don't feel a rush when I lift more than I did last week. I'm just here.

I have tons of examples like this or along similar lines.

I don't know what I'm trying to get at. Maybe, I just needed to vent or something.

What does a Mongolian basket weaving forum think?
>>
File: image.jpg (293KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293KB, 1080x1920px
Can relate m8. Nothing in life makes me happy anymore either (with the exception of memez of course). I have no friends anymore because of it and my family never talks to me

I suggest you spend a few days alone innawoods lel
>>
>>18134486

Sorry. Can't help you there, though you sound younger. Maybe something will click.
>>
>>18134429
How is it when you're alone? Introverts often tend to feel good when they're alone and bad when there are other people around
>>
>>18134701

More or less the same, I guess.
>>
>>18135356
Hm, do you often feel tired/ powerless, problems with sleeping? Your description fits to typical depression symptoms (not saying you really have them, but it could make sense to check that). There are online screenings for depressions which doesn't replace psychologists but can be a first clue to see a psychologist. Btw sorry for my bad english
>>
At what point in your life were you deluded into thinking you weren't supposed to feel this way? Was it mommy telling you that you're a special snowflake your whole life?

It's called being an adult. Life isn't supposed to be a fucking amusement park, you idiot. Stop being such an entitled asshole who thinks the world exists to make you happy.
>>
>>18135518

>do you often feel tired/ powerless, problems with sleeping?

All the time because

>Your description fits to typical depression symptoms

Pretty much. I've had it for, well, basically for as long as I can remember. Diagnosed when I was maybe 6 or 7? I've always just sorta dealt with it, but recently it just sort of hit me that I just don't care.

All my interests? They're not mine. I don't go to the gym because I want to. I go because I take my coworker, and if he quit or moved shifts, I wouldn't go anymore. I don't own a gun because I like going shooting; it's because my friends do. Hell, my pistol hasn't been touched since I last shot it. It is still in the plastic bag with my targets on the floor in literally the same place I left it when I got home from the range 4 months ago.

That applies to everything. When people are gone, I don't do anything. Hell, even when I have plans, sometimes I stop don't do anything. Two weekends ago, I literally stayed in bed all weekend except for a movie and food, which was a single trip. Today, I took off for Patty's day. I'm supposed to go hang out, but I don't know that I will. I can sit here and say "Yes. I am definitely going to go out and be a human today!" until I'm blue in the face, but there's an equal chance I'll just sit here, or sit in my car, or go back to bed.

>>18135555

Don't cut yourself with all that edge, man.

You sound worse than I do. Maybe you should go make a thread and get all those (you)s. Oh wait. No one cares about the angsty problems of a 17 year old shit who thinks he knows how the world works, which is why you're here venting and lashing out in someone else's thread. I don't give a shit about this thread. I don't give a shit about you. I don't give a shit about being happy, or special, or how I'm "supposed" to feel.
>>
>I don't give a shit about being happy

Then why did you post this pathetic ass thread, you fucking idiot?
>>
>>18135646

Projecting much?

Where in my OP did I say I wanted to be happy? I said that I realized I don't feel anything.
>>
>>18135660
So now what's the problem then?
>>
>>18135670

There's an argument to be made that that IS the problem.
>>
>>18134429
damn OP I feel like I just read about myself, but I could never really put it into words. I probably do have depression, but I've never gone to a doctor because I really can't afford it. I just want to be normal and go out and have a good time, but that's probably never going to happen if I'm being honest with myself.
>>
>>18135638
Do you take any meds for the depressions? And are you in therapy currently?
>>
>>18135856
It's possible, though only a doctor can say for sure.

>>18135873

No. Like the guy above, I can't afford it here in burgerland.

The last time I was in therapy/on meds was when I was 14 or 15 years old. I think I took Zoloft and Wellbutrin, and don't think either helped much. Gained a bunch of weight on one and never lost it, though.
>>
Out again tonight. We'll see how it goes.
>>
>>18134429
i feel like that too, my boyfriend thinks it's him sometimes. but its not, i get happy-ish feelings. but they vanish pretty quickly. i have a hard time bonding with people i think. sometimes i feel i cant bond with my kid, which really sucks cause i mean hes done nothing wrong to get a parent who is emotionally absent a good chunk of the time. but i tell him i love him pretty often and that im sick (mental health, nothing srs) and sometimes i might not be as into things as other days. so ihope that this counteracts my shitty bonding skills.
>>
>>18136708
i think maybe you should open up to someone about this. it could helpto have a friend who understands and makes an effort. Depression is a bitch man.
>>
>>18136895

I know it is. Too many people nowadays romanticise depression when they have no idea. They think that they're depressed because they feel sad, but that's not how it works at all. Depression isn't something is ever wish for anyone to experience.

I don't really open up, and I've never really gotten close enough to anyone where I'd feel comfortable about it. Even with my parents. Hell, when I went to therapy, I didn't even talk most of the time, and this went on for most of my life at that point. Eventually, I just learned to hide it because I was tired of seeing my mom cry after therapy sessions, and I just sort of dealt with it.

This will sound edgy, but I legitimately don't remember the last time I felt happy. Sometimes, I don't know if I even remember how it feels or if I ever felt it before. Sometimes, I feel excited, but it's hollow. It's more like I know I should be excited, so I just sort of try to be. I have no passion, and I honestly don't think that I'm capable of it.

When I see people put so much effort into something, it just baffles me. My whole family is musically inclined, and they're all great. I could be too, and I don't say that lightly. However, I can't practice. I can force myself, but it never lasts long and certainly doesn't get me anywhere.

Anyway, I'm just sort of rambling again. I couldn't open up to anyone about it. Sometimes I legitimately think I might be autistic, too because I'm just incapable of opening up to people.

>>18136890

I'm not a parent, but I can relate in a way. I'm an oldest brother and an uncle to a 2 year old. Everyone bonds with my nephew, but I didn't even hold him until he was over a year old. I think it was because I didn't want him to remember me or get attached to what is essentially an empty shell. That didn't last, though. Now I just pretend with him like everyone else.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.